Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official ABW Producer/Beatmaker Thread

Aye, any of you rap chaps ever fuck with this cheap ass condenser mic

Every single review I've seen on it and every video I've seen all have very positive reviews. I had to sell my last rig 'cause my business fell the fuck off, but I'm coming back around and I'm rebuilding another recording rig. Last time I didn't get a mic 'cause I didn't feel like I needed one. This time I think I'mma get one just on GP. Maybe I'll use it to spit a lil, maybe not, I'm not sure but it's better to have one than not. On Ebay and Amazon you can cop the whole joint for less than $30 shipped, whcih is fuckin INSANE to me 'cause I used to sell large capsule condenser mics back inna day and the cheapest we had ran like $400.

Last edited:
I jus be usin good ol FL

have had mf ask me before what programs/equipment I use & when I say jus FL they don't believe me lol

All the beats I've done and posted online were done in FL Studio. However, the one EP I released 20 years ago was all done on an original Ensoniq ASR-X with an Emu Orbit attached directly to it. I also released a track back around '99 that was done on my old Sequential Multi-Trak, using only the onboard sequencer.

I'm going back to a hybrid of hardware and software nowadays.

My new console/recording interface came today: Tascam FW-1082 firewire interface. 8 line in's, 4 mic inputs w/phantom power, motorized faders (my biggest annoyance with my current Tascam US428 interface), and Mackie Control emulation.

Shit is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I gotta re-arrange some shit to get it situated on my table.

console.jpg

All the beats I've done and posted online were done in FL Studio. However, the one EP I released 20 years ago was all done on an original Ensoniq ASR-X with an Emu Orbit attached directly to it. I also released a track back around '99 that was done on my old Sequential Multi-Trak, using only the onboard sequencer.

I'm going back to a hybrid of hardware and software nowadays.
My new console/recording interface came today: Tascam FW-1082 firewire interface. 8 line in's, 4 mic inputs w/phantom power, motorized faders (my biggest annoyance with my current Tascam US428 interface), and Mackie Control emulation.

Shit is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I gotta re-arrange some shit to get it situated on my table.

View attachment 504725

man

as much as I love this shit, I be bullshittin cuz idk bout none of that shit lol

really jus wanted to make sumn to listen to

ended up gettin 1 of my favorite artist to rap on 2 of em so that's kinda cool

got a few that'd be nice for Curren$y too

man

as much as I love this shit, I be bullshittin cuz idk bout none of that shit lol

really jus wanted to make sumn to listen to

ended up gettin 1 of my favorite artist to rap on 2 of em so that's kinda cool

got a few that'd be nice for Curren$y too

here, fuck with this. There's actually some gems on the whole joint but I've been running this track back a few times trying to build a track in my head.

here, fuck with this. There's actually some gems on the whole joint but I've been running this track back a few times trying to build a track in my head.

ok Ima check it out

I like obscure shit, got a few blogsites thats dope.. came across this group Booty People lol

R-1390119-1300277480.jpeg.jpg

but this what I be on

ok Ima check it out

I like obscure shit, got a few blogsites thats dope.. came across this group Booty People lol

R-1390119-1300277480.jpeg.jpg

but this what I be on

I ain't even get past the first few bars of your track. You gotta listen to that video start to finish, there's so much shit in it you'll fuck with it's ridiculous.

aiight, now I'mma let it finish playing.

I ain't even get past the first few bars of your track. You gotta listen to that video start to finish, there's so much shit in it you'll fuck with it's ridiculous.

aiight, now I'mma let it finish playing.

nah I already heard sumn in that lil part you timestamped

might have sumn ready in a few days

In case anyone's interested, Detroit Techno pioneer Carl Craig has a remix competition with LoopCloud.com. Download the stems for his track "From Beyond", use at least one sample from LoopCloud, remix, and upload it to win some shit.

I already got the stems loaded into my DAW to see how I can flip this joint.

I'mma do two remixes for this Carl Craig joint. Got 8 days to pull something outta my ass so I'm getting it happening now.

20211115_170753.jpg

Back