Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official ABW Producer/Beatmaker Thread

Anyone cop anything for Christmas?

I'm picking up some Presonus Eris 3.5 monitors and the Sub8 to go with it early next week. I fried the tweeters on my Mackies doing some dumb shit so now I have an excuse to get something a bit better.

Thinking of buying a Roland SP404 next week too. The pawn shop closest to me has one in the display case for just under $200 and that shit is callin' to me.

Went ahead and copped the shit today. I was wrong about the 404 tho, it's a 404A and the spot had it for $350. Talked 'em down on the price and grabbed it, then slid over to Sam Ash for the monitors.

20220104_211155.jpg

20220104_213254.jpg

Anyone cop anything for Christmas?

I'm picking up some Presonus Eris 3.5 monitors and the Sub8 to go with it early next week. I fried the tweeters on my Mackies doing some dumb shit so now I have an excuse to get something a bit better.

Thinking of buying a Roland SP404 next week too. The pawn shop closest to me has one in the display case for just under $200 and that shit is callin' to me.
Went ahead and copped the shit today. I was wrong about the 404 tho, it's a 404A and the spot had it for $350. Talked 'em down on the price and grabbed it, then slid over to Sam Ash for the monitors.

View attachment 734704

View attachment 734706

nice

I've only used FL & that's it lol

wanna get a MPC eventually tho & see if my lil skills can translate

nice

I've only used FL & that's it lol

wanna get a MPC eventually tho & see if my lil skills can translate

The MPC workflow is definitely different. I've been using FL Studio that I really forgot just how much different working in hardware is. I know with the newer MPC's there's a whole DAW-like component to it where you can control it with software I guess similar to FL or other daw's, but I have an MPC 500 so everything is in the box. Having to sample by ear, edit by ear, and then not having a screen to look to make sure my beats are on point is definitely a different way of working, even more so with the SP404 'cause at least I get some info out of the MPC's screen. The 404's display is three characters and that's it. It's all really done by ear on that thing.

Fuck it, let's see if we can get a little traction for this thread.

My rig has been kinda duct taped together recently. My main Interface and control surface, a Tascam FW-1082 is dying so I had to pull out the old Tascam US-428 USB joint to take it's place until I can get around to fixing it. At the same time, My submixer, a Berhiger Xenyx 2222FX is also acting goofy, so last weekend I had to cop a small replacement mixer: a Behringer Eurorack UB1202FX. Kinda pissed 'cause I really don't feel like repairing this shit, but oh well.

20230511_204440.jpg

I'm so mad about the big joint dying...

20230418_231840.jpg

Both of these muhfuckas is dead...

20230220_231718.jpg

Back