Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official ABW Producer/Beatmaker Thread

Goddamn did it come with 24gb ram out the box or did u add more ram yourself?

How much that cpu cost u?

I think I paid around $700 when I first got it. (Can't remember, been a while. lol.) Then I added more Ram and HD. I had 8GB of Ram originally and added more to get 24GB and put another 1TB HDD in there mainly for VST's etc.

I do GFX and Video editing as well so I needed more to work with.

Not at all, I am mostly hardware....... Maschine 2.0 and a M-Audio Keystation Keyboard

um... you know that means you're all software, right?

The maschine controller is just the method to interact with the Maschine software. Without a laptop or desktop running it, that controller is useless. Hardware would be like a real MPC (not that new software bullshit Akai is peddling these days), keyboard synths, rack modules, mixer, some sort of hardware recorder, etc...

The maschine controller is just the method to interact with the Maschine software. Without a laptop or desktop running it, that controller is useless. Hardware would be like a real MPC (not that new software bullshit Akai is peddling these days), keyboard synths, rack modules, mixer, some sort of hardware recorder, etc...
Like I said earlier, I don't claim to be a Geek Squad nigga, ......I considered my Maschine hardware because I bang on the pads not a mouse.
Good looking out on the knowledge though.......We beefing Koncept?

Eh i cant say youre wrong but imo i consider it a combination of the two. After all it is still a physical component even if its not standalone.

I think I paid around $700 when I first got it. (Can't remember, been a while. lol.) Then I added more Ram and HD. I had 8GB of Ram originally and added more to get 24GB and put another 1TB HDD in there mainly for VST's etc.

I do GFX and Video editing as well so I needed more to work with.
Yea i figured with that much ram u were doing a lot of memory intensive shit on your cpu.

So how fast does that mfer run?

Im stuck with a 4gb ram lap top right now shits woat

Like I said earlier, I don't claim to be a Geek Squad nigga, ......I considered my Maschine hardware because I bang on the pads not a mouse.
Good looking out on the knowledge though.......We beefing Koncept?

Why would we be beefing? 'cause I'm informing you of the difference between a hardware setup and a software based setup? That's all it takes these days?

Eh i cant say youre wrong but imo i consider it a combination of the two. After all it is still a physical component even if its not standalone.

The difference boils down to whether or not it's explicitly tied to computer software or not. A MIDI keyboard or pad controller, while a piece of hardware, is useless on it's own. However, if it's a genuine MIDI controller (as opposed to the more recent USB only joints), then it can be used to control not only software, but hardware synths and sound sources as well. For example, the very first keyboard controller I owned was a Novation MM10x. Useless by itself, but I tied it to my old Atari ST and Boss DS-330 and Yamha MU5 modules to make music. In that way I was running a mix of hardware and software: The software being the Master Tracks Pro sequencer running on the Atari ST and the hardware being the synths. However, my Atari died on me and I picked up an Alesis MMT-8 sequencer (briefly replaced by a Kawai Q80) and thus my setup became 100% hardware based until I picked up a 486 running Win3.11 and PowerTracks Pro.

I ran a PC sequencer with hardware sound sources and fx for the longest, but have run all hardware rigs when necessary. These days I'm 100% software but I'm probably going to go back to a hybrid setup pretty soon.

Nah, Chicago asked a question about what computer and specs we were working with and I answered........but you didn't post your specs, you simply quoted me on some " You know you are all software right". Like I said....Appreciate the knowledge and if you meant no disrespect than we cool

The difference boils down to whether or not it's explicitly tied to computer software or not. A MIDI keyboard or pad controller, while a piece of hardware, is useless on it's own. However, if it's a genuine MIDI controller (as opposed to the more recent USB only joints), then it can be used to control not only software, but hardware synths and sound sources as well. For example, the very first keyboard controller I owned was a Novation MM10x. Useless by itself, but I tied it to my old Atari ST and Boss DS-330 and Yamha MU5 modules to make music. In that way I was running a mix of hardware and software: The software being the Master Tracks Pro sequencer running on the Atari ST and the hardware being the synths. However, my Atari died on me and I picked up an Alesis MMT-8 sequencer (briefly replaced by a Kawai Q80) and thus my setup became 100% hardware based until I picked up a 486 running Win3.11 and PowerTracks Pro.

I ran a PC sequencer with hardware sound sources and fx for the longest, but have run all hardware rigs when necessary. These days I'm 100% software but I'm probably going to go back to a hybrid setup pretty soon.
Well damn

I was gonna ask what kinda set up u got til u said all software....so then what software do u use now n what kinda hardware would u be looking to get when u go hybrid

N have u ever posted anything on here or somewhere else accessible to the public

Oh n what are the specs on your cpu, mainly the memory ram processor

Well damn

I was gonna ask what kinda set up u got til u said all software....so then what software do u use now n what kinda hardware would u be looking to get when u go hybrid

N have u ever posted anything on here or somewhere else accessible to the public

Oh n what are the specs on your cpu, mainly the memory ram processor

I've posted this on the IC, but this is a joint I produced.

And to answer your question:

what kinda hardware would u be looking to get when u go hybrid

I'm looking a buying some old shit. Because I also fucks with Detroit Techno, Ghettotech, and Electro, I'm looking to get an old Boss DR660, Boss DS-330 or Roland Sound Canvas SC33, and a Yamaha Su-10 sampler. Throw that shit together through a lil mixer, a couple of Alesis MidiVerb4's, and sequence it on an old Pentium 3 and see what I can do with it.

Man, I lost my tracks posted on the IC after having to do a PC recovery. Shit broke my heart, I won't lie. Stopped fucking with it till two weeks ago. Just got inspired out the blue.

Here's one of the old, old, old tracks I did. One of the few that remains. It's a flip of the David Banner's "Like A Pimp".

Back