Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

3.5 games back of the 8th seed after yesterday's win

snapped a 7 game winning streak by the grizzlies who had been playing lights out over the past couple weeks

and it was just the other day the peanut gallery was scoffing at the notion that the pelicans got another nationally televised game b/c of Zion's return tomorrow

#keepsleeping
#cawcaw
#cawonyou
#BI4AS

This is the Pelicans we all expected to see before the season. Yall got way too much talent to be as bad as yall were earlier in the season.

I have a feeling the coaches are gonna play BI out, and I havent thought about who to take out for him, but I wouldnt be mad at BI being an allstar.

3.5 games back of the 8th seed after yesterday's win

snapped a 7 game winning streak by the grizzlies who had been playing lights out over the past couple weeks

and it was just the other day the peanut gallery was scoffing at the notion that the pelicans got another nationally televised game b/c of Zion's return tomorrow

#keepsleeping
#cawcaw
#cawonyou
#BI4AS

I like the effort the team is finally playing with. Early in the season shit was terrible.

Its crazy we still have a shot at the playoffs after how we started. Still a long way to go.

I didnt watch the rockets game yesterday but just saw highlights and the last play had me dying.

Down 3, with like 20 seconds to go. Harden tried to pass the ball to PJ for the corner 3 but his pass gets intercepted by Westbrook. Shit had me dying. He said fuck all that, took the ball that was meant for tucker, dribbled from one corner all the way to the other, put up a fadeaway 3 with 2 defenders on him bricked.

I saw everyone blaming Harden for the L, and thats probably the case, but that westbrook play was hilarious.

I honestly don't think that was intentional, Harden was on some real goofy shit and was having some erratic turnovers....Seemed like Russ and PJ just happened to be in same vicinity and Russ was in the zone trying to get the win

Westbrook was efficient as fuck last night and was the only real bright spot besides House returning from the grave

Russ had 32/12/11 on 16-24 shooting and the only 3 he took was that one at the end

How y'all know that rumor of him and Lebron's mom is true.
you think if that was something that was a lie, about one of the biggest athletes on the planet, that it would've been reports disputing it?

I mean at the end of the day, they were consenting adults and its really no one's business

idk why he even mentioned it in the lil Vice doc b/c no one was thinking about it tbh

I like the effort the team is finally playing with. Early in the season shit was terrible.

Its crazy we still have a shot at the playoffs after how we started. Still a long way to go.
i dont like this take

early in the season was a brand new roster with zero chemistry and the no 1 draft pick was out

Favors missed time

Jrue tried to will the team to victories

NAW struggled and was not the summer league player we all fell in love with

Lonzo was trying to find his role

BI was trying to assert his dominance after being what...the 3rd fiddle in LA last season?

People were playing out of position due to people missing time

I kept telling you and Silver it was going to take time. It wasnt like they were getting blown out either. They were competitive in a lot of the games they lost early on. They struggled badly holding onto late game leads, getting key stops, and putting away bad teams early.

The effort for the most part has always been there. It also didnt help they played the toughest schedule in the league during that span.

Also, that Ben Simmons stat line was incredible.

Thats what we all been saying bout Ben. We know he cant shoot, but him not being able to shoot wouldnt be as big of a deal on another team. I really wanna see Ben on a team playing the 5 and having the whole offense go through him like a more perimeter orientated Jokic.

I been say Ben is a generational talent, its just him and Embiid dont fit well and they are stunting each others growth.

You dont trade a player with Bens talent though. So you gotta keep him for atleast another season or two and hope him and Embiid figure it out.

I honestly don't think that was intentional, Harden was on some real goofy shit and was having some erratic turnovers....Seemed like Russ and PJ just happened to be in same vicinity and Russ was in the zone trying to get the win

Westbrook was efficient as fuck last night and was the only real bright spot besides House returning from the grave

Russ had 32/12/11 on 16-24 shooting and the only 3 he took was that one at the end

Appreciate the context fam. And I believe you.

Ima still get my jokes off though.

Thats what we all been saying bout Ben. We know he cant shoot, but him not being able to shoot wouldnt be as big of a deal on another team. I really wanna see Ben on a team playing the 5 and having the whole offense go through him like a more perimeter orientated Jokic.

I been say Ben is a generational talent, its just him and Embiid dont fit well and they are stunting each others growth.

You dont trade a player with Bens talent though. So you gotta keep him for atleast another season or two and hope him and Embiid figure it out.

Ehh. He'd be on a worst version of the Milwaukee bucks. Who are we really kidding. He needs to add that 3 to his game period. He just isn't aggressive enough on offensive to have that type of hole in his game and lead a championship contender.

Why? That's between those niggas. What did delonte do to you?

You don't have to care but foh with the fake outrage.

Aint no outrage over here. All I'm saying is that shit was fucked up and if true it tells me everything about dude

Like theres three billion bitches out there and you gotta go with your teammates moms? How is that not a snake move to you

Ehh. He'd be on a worst version of the Milwaukee bucks. Who are we really kidding. He needs to add that 3 to his game period. He just isn't aggressive enough on offensive to have that type of hole in his game and lead a championship contender.

No doubt. He still wont be a top 15 player.

He got all the talent and the god given gifts to be a top 5 player is all im saying.

Not sure if that will ever happen playing with embiid. Not a knock on either one, sometimes mfers just dont fit.

Simmons is also an elite defender and possibly the most versatile defender in the league which is something I still dont think people really take notice of

Aint no outrage over here. All I'm saying is that shit was fucked up and if true it tells me everything about dude

Like theres three billion bitches out there and you gotta go with your teammates moms? How is that not a snake move to you
Do you have this same view if it was a sister

i dont like this take

early in the season was a brand new roster with zero chemistry and the no 1 draft pick was out

Favors missed time

Jrue tried to will the team to victories

NAW struggled and was not the summer league player we all fell in love with

Lonzo was trying to find his role

BI was trying to assert his dominance after being what...the 3rd fiddle in LA last season?

People were playing out of position due to people missing time

I kept telling you and Silver it was going to take time. It wasnt like they were getting blown out either. They were competitive in a lot of the games they lost early on. They struggled badly holding onto late game leads, getting key stops, and putting away bad teams early.

The effort for the most part has always been there. It also didnt help they played the toughest schedule in the league during that span.

The energy wasnt there and you know it. Thats a fact. Folks was just standing around on both ends of the floor.

The team is playing much hard. The take was spot on and I always had us as the 8th seed

Old bitch fucks young dude, im blaming the old bitch 10 outa 10 times.

You acting like dude raped his moms. Dude was in his early 20s, she was near 40.

Shit dont tell me nothing about him unless him and Bron were really friends off the court.

MENTAL ILLNESS.

Nigga log back off.

The energy wasnt there and you know it. Thats a fact. Folks was just standing around on both ends of the floor.

The team is playing much hard. The take was spot on and I always had us as the 8th seed
again, i disagree but this is what's great about sports. We can both have our opinions. I'm not going to say there weren't moments where they weren't lazy, but that happened in spurts and to me is common with a new roster still learning how to trust each other and accepting their roles.

But they weren't lazy the entire first half of the season. Maybe we are splitting hairs at this point. IDK. but i dont like the notion that they weren't trying when i personally watched damn near all of their first 30 or so games and saw the effort was there. It just didnt always translate into wins.

again, i disagree but this is what's great about sports. We can both have our opinions. I'm not going to say there weren't moments where they weren't lazy, but that happened in spurts and to me is common with a new roster still learning how to trust each other and accepting their roles.

But they weren't lazy the entire first half of the season. Maybe we are splitting hairs at this point. IDK. but i dont like the notion that they weren't trying when i personally watched damn near all of their first 30 or so games and saw the effort was there. It just didnt always translate into wins.

Effort was def lacking early on.

But the rotations is settling in and they are playing with more effort because they know what to expect from each other when they are on the floor.

CAW CAW

Back