Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

When Ontario premier Doug Ford was asked Friday about how the testing of NHL players and related staff would be handled if Toronto became a hub for the six other Canadian teams should play resume, he had an answer ready: “From what I understand all tests would be supplied by MLSE, the costs will be absorbed by (Leafs and Raptors owners) MLSE or the NHL, whoever it might be,” said Ford. “And through that, whenever they set it up then they’ll actually donate some of the time at the testing area as well, so they are giving back to the public on top of testing their own players, which I thought was very thoughtful of them, for doing that.”

Could the NBA follow a similar path, where instead of waiting for widespread testing to be available to the point where they wouldn’t be seen as a drain on resources, they could be the source of more testing? It’s something that’s been contemplated in NBA circles, although no specifics are available. But it seems like something that could be easily viewed as a win-win, if say, for every 1000 tests the NBA uses they “sponsor” 20,000 tests in communities where there was a need

– via SportsNet

I have said the same thing as Shaq but I kept it to myself on here bcuz I didn't feel like arguing with everyone. It's obvious that this is a pro- let them play site. I personally feel that they should come back when there is a vaccine. What happens in the middle of the playoffs and a whole team gets hit hard bcuz of someone being careless? You can't halt an entire series to let a team recover from an illness. It disrupts the entire playoff schedule.

Not to mention that certain teams, including Philly, get to unfairly recover from injuries. While other teams, including Clippers, that were still trying to get chemistry will never find it in that short period of time. Young teams, including Miami or Memphis, get to avoid the dreaded rookie wall that players hit but also have to force them youngins into pressure basketball instantly. And the MAIN reason I know damn well fans are gonna throw around the asterisk is if the Lakers win it all. Lebron unfairly got to rest they will say. He was playing way too many minutes at that age and at some point it had to take a toll. They will say AD bcuz of the shutdown avoided the injuries that always plague him. Yall know damn well anti Lakers fans will bring this up.

I know in a perfect world that we all want completely healthy teams playing in the playoffs but that just is not a reality and so many past playoffs have been defined by who actually survives the battle royal.

I know yall gonna shit on this post but keep that same vibe when your favorite team is up 3-1 in a series and three of your starters get sick.

I have said the same thing as Shaq but I kept it to myself on here bcuz I didn't feel like arguing with everyone. It's obvious that this is a pro- let them play site. I personally feel that they should come back when there is a vaccine. What happens in the middle of the playoffs and a whole team gets hit hard bcuz of someone being careless? You can't halt an entire series to let a team recover from an illness. It disrupts the entire playoff schedule.

Not to mention that certain teams, including Philly, get to unfairly recover from injuries. While other teams, including Clippers, that were still trying to get chemistry will never find it in that short period of time. Young teams, including Miami or Memphis, get to avoid the dreaded rookie wall that players hit but also have to force them youngins into pressure basketball instantly. And the MAIN reason I know damn well fans are gonna throw around the asterisk is if the Lakers win it all. Lebron unfairly got to rest they will say. He was playing way too many minutes at that age and at some point it had to take a toll. They will say AD bcuz of the shutdown avoided the injuries that always plague him. Yall know damn well anti Lakers fans will bring this up.

I know in a perfect world that we all want completely healthy teams playing in the playoffs but that just is not a reality and so many past playoffs have been defined by who actually survives the battle royal.

I know yall gonna shit on this post but keep that same vibe when your favorite team is up 3-1 in a series and three of your starters get sick.

Wait till a vaccine

That shit could be two years away.

Wait till a vaccine

That shit could be two years away.
Easy to want them playing when it's not your life at risk. Maybe a vaccine is too far down the road but until we can prevent death in ALL people it's not worth it. People are dying not just getting sick. The press would be a disaster if a bonafide superstar caught that shit and died in the playoffs. When you can't find food bcuz all the catering companies have it saved for athletes are you gonna be ok with that? Don't answer I don't care.

Back