Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Okay now we’re getting somewhere lol

okay until that league expansion happenS, you think the G league can remedy my issue when you can only have two players come on two way deals a year? So it’s kinda moot? This makes the G league a better product though I agree

In all honesty it goes back to (the cream rises to the top) what we both agreed on earlier until the league expansion. It does suck that some of the young players entering the draft too soon will only have a cup of coffee and then be gone but that's gonna happen regardless. Everybody isn't going to have long careers in the NBA. It's too few spots to be had, and that's why if you make it on a roster and stay for awhile you are the cream of the basketball crop.

No matter what you do with the draft some young players are gonna wash out fast because they aren't NBA level good and some vets are gonna be forced to retire sooner than they like because their time has past.

It's reality

And you guys are arguing to keep it the same

But my question is, Why?

What are the cons of what I proposed?

Keep it the same because it works. Lol

The pros
1. It can quickly help turn bad teams around if used correctly
2. Helps keep interest on bad teams which helps keep teams in their cities longer
3. Helps people who aren't interested In going to school make an honest living.
4. Assist's in giving not as high profile high school players a chance to build their NBA draft worth profile.
5. Gives people a chance to pursue their NBA dream with less chance of getting injured while taking an alternate route

I could name more but seriously why? You think your idea makes sense and I think my idea isn't unconstitutional and fair to people who wanna try and join that work force. Lol

Honestly I didn't even see that tweet when I said what I said about the development league expansion due to the talent influx @Horsecock Williams lol

But I could see the writing on the wall awhile ago with the development league and Silver saying he was down with changing the age limit. It's possibly too much money to make with the development league
I had the eat ass face when I read that because you just mentioned something like this lol
Good deal

yo fuck college and if you come to the G league we’ll give you your own team

Keep it the same because it works. Lol

The pros
1. It can quickly help turn bad teams around if used correctly
2. Helps keep interest on bad teams which helps keep teams in their cities longer
3. Helps people who aren't interested In going to school make an honest living.
4. Assist's in giving not as high profile high school players a chance to build their NBA draft worth profile.
5. Gives people a chance to pursue their NBA dream with less chance of getting injured while taking an alternate route

I could name more but seriously why? You think your idea makes sense and I think my idea isn't unconstitutional and fair to people who wanna try and join that work force. Lol

Points # 1 and #2

My method stops teams from tanking 5 out of 10 years which makes for a better product

points #3 #4 and # 5 that all can be achieved by going overseas and going to the G league

no roster spots for guys like joe Johnson, Mike Beasley, lance stephenson

Last edited:
I had the eat ass face when I read that because you just mentioned something like this lol
Good deal

yo fuck college and if you come to the G league we’ll give you your own team

Honestly I didn't know they were making a new team featuring those guys when I responded saying the development league would expand. It's just common business sense to guess this is what would happen.

It's still going to be hard for the development league to compete with the NCAA though. They have a huge head start and built in fan base of college attendees and graduates who will watch regardless of the talent.

Points # 1 and #2

My method stops teams from tanking 5 out of 10 years which makes for a better product

points #3 #4 and # 5 that all can be achieved by going overseas and going to the G league

Nothing will stop bad teams from being bad. And the tanking will be even longer for teams who already deem it a worthy strategy for rebuilding. Lol.

3,4, and 5 is still not the NBA so you are unconstitutionally infringing on these people's rights and making it hard for them to achieve the league they really want to try and play in.

Honestly I didn't know they were making a new team featuring those guys when I responded saying the development league would expand. It's just common business sense to guess this is what would happen.

It's still going to be hard for the development league to compete with the NCAA though. They have a huge head start and built in fan base of college attendees and graduates who will watch regardless of the talent.
Well they was going to anyways because each team doesn’t have their own affiliate

but yeah with silver allowing players to come out earlier he is gonna need more farm teams

makes sense

Back