Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

No you’re slightly missing what I’m saying

I get that the cream rises to the top

but I’m saying from a pure numbers standpoint you limit how many players can realistically get on a team this current way

I did miss that point.

I honestly think (eventhough alot of folks are gonna say the talent pool is already too watered down) the league is gonna get 2 more expansion teams in the next 10 years. It depends alot on how the International interests does because the NBA will always be behind American football in the United States.

Also look at a team like the hawks

They have

young
Huerter
Hunter
Reddish
Collins

With THREE picks in the first round this year

how the fuck are you gonna play that many young players? So you know what has to happen? A trade, or players not being signed back

and in that trade a player might be sent somewhere else and subsequently be waived

It’s usually trash players flaming/washing out the league, solid vets are finding roster spots word to the Jared Dudley’s and Anthony Tolliver’s of the world.

Exactly, or players who want bigger pay days than what they will get in the NBA. Even some solid players like a Greg Monroe (out of the league due to antiquated play style) got good paydays on Euroleague teams because they still have some gas in the tank

Players not in the league

JR smith
Amir Johnson
Jonathan Simmons
Tyreke Evans
Ty lawson
Tyler Zeller
Shelvin Mack
Joakim Noah
Deyonta Davis
Dante Cunningham
Ryan anderson
Kenneth Faried

But niggas like Theo Pinson running around on the nets

Exactly, or players who want bigger pay days than what they will get in the NBA. Even some solid players like a Greg Monroe (out of the league due to antiquated play style) got good paydays on Euroleague teams because they still have some gas in the tank
Plenty of vets get roster spots. Jeff Green, Jeff Teague, DeMarre Carroll we can go on and on. It’s the young cats that couldn’t cut it that washes out and are replaced by better young talent.

Also look at a team like the hawks

They have

young
Huerter
Hunter
Reddish
Collins

With THREE picks in the first round this year

how the fuck are you gonna play that many young players? So you know what has to happen? A trade, or players not being signed back

They are in a great postion to start winning sooner rather than later!! If their GM/front office is smart they can use those young players and picks to get proven vets of all star caliber to help them become a playoff team.

Look at how Danny Ainge did that twice with Boston. 1st he used draft picks and young good players (Al Jefferson) to form their big 3 for that short run. Then after that he used his picks to actually draft his core group he has now! Not to mention he put his team in a situation that if he wanted to chase stars he could because his cap space was good and he had young assets and draft picks.

Smart front offices usually have multiple plans on how to build a contender. Of course luck comes in to play a little but you have to put yourself/team in position to take advantage on that luck

Plenty of vets get roster spots. Jeff Green, Jeff Teague, DeMarre Carroll we can go on and on. It’s the young cats that couldn’t cut it that washes out and are replaced by better young talent.

Yo, I agreed with you and gave an example of a solid vet he decided to go abroad because his play style isn't as featured like it was in the past and he got a better pay day abroad.

I agreed with your post. Lmao

They are in a great postion to start winning sooner rather than later!! If their GM/front office is smart they can use those young players and picks to get proven vets of all star caliber to help them become a playoff team.

Look at how Danny Ainge did that twice with Boston. 1st he used draft picks and young good players (Al Jefferson) to form their big 3 for that short run. Then after that he used his picks to actually draft his core group he has now! Not to mention he put his team in a situation that if he wanted to chase stars he could because his cap space was good and he had young assets and draft picks.

Smart front offices usually have multiple plans on how to build a contender. Of course luck comes in to play a little but you have to put yourself/team in position to take advantage on that luck
My post/overall point has nothing to do with team success or building a contender. It’s the amount of players coming in every single year and the strain that puts on young AND older players and it’s a strain every single year.

Also just from the sheer amount of players coming in that leads to less opportunities for younger players to show how good they can be. And less opportunities for older players to have a mentor role on rosters because they getting pushed out.

Y’all argument is well they suck anyways and I’m like wtf y’all are only looking at it from the talent angle

not a bad idea at all. There’s really no reason for a yearly draft if they build the g league up right

even if they keep the Yearly draft, get rid of the 2nd round and still build the g league up more

And if you wanna look at it from a talent angle look at the last draft if it was once every other year

Zion
Morant
Barrett
Hunter
Garland
Ayton
Bagley
Doncic
Jackson Jr
Trae Young

in the same draft class

not a bad idea at all. There’s really no reason for a yearly draft if they build the g league up right

even if they keep the Yearly draft, get rid of the 2nd round and still build the g league up more

My post/overall point has nothing to do with team success or building a contender. It’s the amount of players coming in every single year and the strain that puts on young AND older players and it’s a strain every single year.

Also just from the sheer amount of players coming in that leads to less opportunities for younger players to show how good they can be. And less opportunities for older players to have a mentor role on rosters because they getting pushed out.

Y’all argument is well they suck anyways and I’m like wtf y’all are only looking at it from the talent angle

The development league is going to most likely expand due to the influx of players going there. It's also going to get more fans and national attention due to the age requirements on draft eligibility changing. So those things will assist in keeping players on rosters and helping young players (if the organization is ran correctly) get better.

I (and many others) think the league is going to add two teams (like I stated in this thread already) in the near future (10 years at the soonest) which will assist in keeping with the influx of talent.

The development league is going to most likely expand due to the influx of players going there. It's also going to get more fans and national attention due to the age requirements on draft eligibility changing. So those things will assist in keeping players on rosters and helping young players (if the organization is ran correctly) get better.

I (and many others) think the league is going to add two teams (like I stated in this thread already) in the near future (10 years at the soonest) which will assist in keeping with the influx of talent.
Okay now we’re getting somewhere lol

okay until that league expansion happenS, you think the G league can remedy my issue when you can only have two players come on two way deals a year? So it’s kinda moot? This makes the G league a better product though I agree
But my whole thing regarding players already in the NBA not the G league

Back