Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

My Pros:

-More evaluation time
-Less Stress to clear roster space
-Less Stress on veteran players
-Less competition on G league Rosters
-Lowers the chance of a NBA ready player potentially playing overseas because he couldn’t make roster
-Stronger more ready Players being Drafted

I wonder why he chose this instead of school? Was his grades and everything okay or did he just think this is the best path for his NBA dream to come to fruition?

Hopefully he doesn't look awful in the development league because if he does it's going to hurt his draft status

That's going to happen with the every other year draft too
I said “Lowers” and point is there’s too many players every single year

60 players every single year and 50 might be trying to play in the league instead of being a draft and stash

how many of those 50 are on the roster in November?

Then the very next year you have to worry about the same thing

less space for players over 32 years of age which makes for less experienced mentors

You have an extra year to

Play overseas
Play in the G league
Play in college
Rehab an injury you might have gotten (Think Bol Bol or MPJ)

which makes for better prospects

60 players every single year and 50 might be trying to play in the league instead of being a draft and stash

less space for players over 32 years of age which makes for less experienced mentors

The best players are going to get roster space regardless. Even if some players have to go to another league (if it's the development league of abroad) if you are good enough to be in the NBA and help teams win, good front offices will find you.

I understand where you are coming from though. Alot of front offices need protection from themselves because they are quick to gravitate towards the new thing without doing proper research. Holding the draft every other year still isn't going to help them or young players trying to circumvent going to school or some veteran players having to move on from the NBA

It won't lower it, these kids don't wanna go to college to begin with now you saying that most of them have to wait two years after high school to get to the NBA, they're not trying to wait to get paid.

If it's too many players now wouldn't that number double if it was every other year

So you guys wouldn’t do this...

This also helps to preserve roster spots currently occupied in the league

Quick question who is the OG in Minnesota? New York? Charlotte? Chicago? Phoenix?

They pushing players out that are needed to coach up the influx of new kids EVERY SINGLE YEAR

Old story on the professional pathway.

How does that g league program work? You sign with whoever offers the most money or what?
this is for Free Agents but idk if it’s the same process

Players sign contracts with the league and enter a player pool. The teams can then claim players dependent on their waiver order. The waiver period is 48 hours and once that has passed and a player is unclaimed then they enter the “available player pool” and any team can acquire them regardless of waiver priority.

The best players are going to get roster space regardless. Even if some players have to go to another league (if it's the development league of abroad) if you are good enough to be in the NBA and help teams win, good front offices will find you.

I understand where you are coming from though. Alot of front offices need protection from themselves because they are quick to gravitate towards the new thing without doing proper research. Holding the draft every other year still isn't going to help them or young players trying to circumvent going to school or some veteran players having to move on from the NBA
No you’re slightly missing what I’m saying

I get that the cream rises to the top

but I’m saying from a pure numbers standpoint you limit how many players can realistically get on a team this current way

It’s usually trash players flaming/washing out the league, solid vets are finding roster spots word to the Jared Dudley’s and Anthony Tolliver’s of the world.

Niggas think a third of the league coming every two years trying to take roster spots Versus ever Four years is cool because “the good vets will stay in the league”

903138BB-6241-4609-A134-041C7BB50F63.gif

Back