Welcome To aBlackWeb

Officers rough up black men in the streets of New York

It’s not about asking gays it’s the overall close minded ways of thinking. If the whole group isn’t coming up how can we move as a unit.
but you dont think we as a race need to come up first before we splinter off into groups?

you dont think its selfish to want gay rights before we established concrete black rights?

i mean the thread is about a officer beating a black man.

do you know if hes gay? do you know if hes black?

we gotta focus.

but you dont think we as a race need to come up first before we splinter off into groups?

you dont think its selfish to want gay rights before we established concrete black rights?

i mean the thread is about a officer beating a black man.

do you know if hes gay? do you know if hes black?

we gotta focus.

This is a real question some folks struggle with because nobody identifies as just one thing or with just one group. For example I think it's safe to say people can generally agree that when it comes to overall treatment of women in society it's been kinda shitty to say the least. Now ask as black woman which issue she would like addressed first, those that affect her for being a woman, or those that affect her for being black? That's not as cut and dry of a choice as some people make it seem because she can't divorce herself from either of those identities

This is a real question some folks struggle with because nobody identifies as just one thing or with just one group. For example I think it's safe to say people can generally agree that when it comes to overall treatment of women in society it's been kinda shitty to say the least. Now ask as black woman which issue she would like addressed first, those that affect her for being a woman, or those that affect her for being black? That's not as cut and dry of a choice as some people make it seem because she can't divorce herself from either of those identities

Common sense

I’m not going to separate nothing. If I’m talking about black people im talking about black people. Now stop this irrelevant shit.

But you’re not listening if these groups don’t feel included how are helping all the people? The fact you call it irrelevant is exactly why it’s the division.

ok....but if we are to be a unit.....shes black first. then a woman.
disreagrding your race is self destructive in my eyes.....because you begin to disassociate yourself from a struggle that you are still in.

But you’re not listening if these groups don’t feel included how are helping all the people? The fact you call it irrelevant is exactly why it’s the division.
the division is while we are fighting....someone stops shooting to say they want respect for being gay.

if you dont say it ...i dont know it and now aint the time for it.

why is being gay so important?

why is all them letter so important?

when i cop see you or an old lady see you......they dont care if you have on a black hoodie or a pink hoodie......you still a nigga who needs putting down or seen as a threat.

no one knows your gay unless you say it or you a flamer.....you are black first

ok....but if we are to be a unit.....shes black first. then a woman.
disreagrding your race is self destructive in my eyes.....because you begin to disassociate yourself from a struggle that you are still in.

But asking that issues she specifically faces as a black woman isn't disregarding her race. In fact it's putting the emphasis that because she's Black the added identity of being a woman is much worse...which is why it's not as simple as you're trying to make it seem. If you fix all the issues pertaining to being black, she still has the issues of being a woman to deal with and to ask her to ignore that isn't exactly a fair thing to do and that's why that gets pushback. You're asking someone to essentially do what you're saying you're against...ignore part of their identity but in this instance you're ok with it because it's for the benefit of something you want.

the division is while we are fighting....someone stops shooting to say they want respect for being gay.

if you dont say it ...i dont know it and now aint the time for it.

why is being gay so important?

why is all them letter so important?

when i cop see you or an old lady see you......they dont care if you have on a black hoodie or a pink hoodie......you still a nigga who needs putting down or seen as a threat.

no one knows your gay unless you say it or you a flamer.....you are black first

Your assumption that they would stop shooting is a problem. Why you can’t acknowledge it and keep everything moving smooth why you feel you have to stop. And if a gay black person get punched by a nigga while being called a faggot that can’t be addressed as an issue because the cops smacking you is a bigger overall injustice. Can I tell that to the black business owner when his shop gets robbed by niggas? You would say why even help your own right?

Do you not state we have internal issues that must be addressed before we go further.

My final take on the matter. If the gay and trans and women are black then they are included when I speak on black people. I hope you get that.

Lol so if Zaya Wade was kicked out of school for being a distraction but a white trans kid wasn’t. Would you have Zaya Wade back or make a meme out of it? Race first right?

But asking that issues she specifically faces as a black woman isn't disregarding her race. In fact it's putting the emphasis that because she's Black the added identity of being a woman is much worse...which is why it's not as simple as you're trying to make it seem. If you fix all the issues pertaining to being black, she still has the issues of being a woman to deal with and to ask her to ignore that isn't exactly a fair thing to do and that's why that gets pushback. You're asking someone to essentially do what you're saying you're against...ignore part of their identity but in this instance you're ok with it because it's for the benefit of something you want.
what exactly did i say i was against?

why must i acknowledge someones sexual preference?

i dont think gay people want to be label....."you know, Bruce, the gay guy" vs just bruce with some other distinction.

and im not making it seem simple.

i will say at the end of the day.....shes black.

she can be in a room full of women thinking she relating while their seeing her as black who happens to be a woman.

same with a man in a room full of men......while you are male...the room sees you as black first.

why are we even talking about this?

Lol so if Zaya Wade was kicked out of school for being a distraction but a white trans kid wasn’t. Would you have Zaya Wade back or make a meme out of it? Race first right?
but what the distraction? that hes gay?
gay versus trans.....white vs black?

i think most people would say its about race because the white kid got a pass.
and in this case people would fight for whats right even if they feel both are wrong...

Your assumption that they would stop shooting is a problem. Why you can’t acknowledge it and keep everything moving smooth why you feel you have to stop. And if a gay black person get punched by a nigga while being called a faggot that can’t be addressed as an issue because the cops smacking you is a bigger overall injustice. Can I tell that to the black business owner when his shop gets robbed by niggas? You would say why even help your own right?

Do you not state we have internal issues that must be addressed before we go further.
yes we do have internal issues....before i answer the rest...why are you bringing that up?

and yes,, what you stated was why would the gay and all the initials support us if we dont support them.

how are we not supporting them when they are us? but they want special acknowledgement or more praise for what exactly?

black gay rights fall under being black first.

supporting gay before you support black and you are a number for the community to get their point across and then you will see you are black first once the goal is reached.

how is feminism with black females? where was there support when they needed them white chicks?

what exactly did i say i was against?

why must i acknowledge someones sexual preference?

i dont think gay people want to be label....."you know, Bruce, the gay guy" vs just bruce with some other distinction.

and im not making it seem simple.

i will say at the end of the day.....shes black.

she can be in a room full of women thinking she relating while their seeing her as black who happens to be a woman.

same with a man in a room full of men......while you are male...the room sees you as black first.

why are we even talking about this?

I specifically didn't use sexual preference so idk why you're bringing that up. And yes you are making it seem simple because now put that woman in a room full of a black men...she still has the issues of being a woman to deal with and if those issues aren't addressed for her as well then are you really helping black women as much as you can? Or are you just pushing their issues to the side? That's why we're talking about this. If you could somehow magically solve the issues of racism that black people face in the would she still not have to deal with the issues that come from being a woman as well?

Back