Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
The networks have gotten too greedy.

Don't know how I didn't pick up on it before.

Been noticing these commercials from local stations popping up urging people to write to ATT and Direct TV to put their local stations back on their service.

Something didn't seem right about that.

I'm thinking, with all the other channels that they carry.........why would they stop carrying the local stations.

Then it hit me.

I remember years back.......maybe 8-10 years ago..........the local networks started suing the cable/satellite companies for carrying their signal without compensating them for it.

That never made sense to me because you don't need cable and/or satellite tv to get local channels.

All you need is an antennae.

Why should they have to pay for something that's free over the airwaves anyway?

Doesn't make sense.

So now I realized that all these pleas from the local networks asking people to write ATT/DirectTV are their own fault.

Simply because the local networks probably started charging them too much to carry their channels.........and ATT and other companies finally wised up and decided they weren't gonna spend that kind of money for something that's offered for free.

Basically, they're making it seem like everything's ATT's fault and not acknowledging their part in it at all.

It'd be funny if ATT started making their own commercials telling people that......if they want their local channels back.......they need to call their local networks and tell them to stop charging exorbitant prices for their channels.

Lol @ the networks being mad because ATT hit them with that Corleone counter-offer:

When tickets go on sale online. Whats the best way to try and beat scalpers and resellers to get the best seats?

Be online at the time tickets go on sale and click faster. That's all it is.

Scalpers generally don't even get tickets from purchasing online usually it's someone on in house, on a team, organization or arena operations running them shits for a fee.

The networks have gotten too greedy.

Don't know how I didn't pick up on it before.

Been noticing these commercials from local stations popping up urging people to write to ATT and Direct TV to put their local stations back on their service.

Something didn't seem right about that.

I'm thinking, with all the other channels that they carry.........why would they stop carrying the local stations.

Then it hit me.

I remember years back.......maybe 8-10 years ago..........the local networks started suing the cable/satellite companies for carrying their signal without compensating them for it.

That never made sense to me because you don't need cable and/or satellite tv to get local channels.

All you need is an antennae.

Why should they have to pay for something that's free over the airwaves anyway?

Doesn't make sense.

So now I realized that all these pleas from the local networks asking people to write ATT/DirectTV are their own fault.

Simply because the local networks probably started charging them too much to carry their channels.........and ATT and other companies finally wised up and decided they weren't gonna spend that kind of money for something that's offered for free.

Basically, they're making it seem like everything's ATT's fault and not acknowledging their part in it at all.

It'd be funny if ATT started making their own commercials telling people that......if they want their local channels back.......they need to call their local networks and tell them to stop charging exorbitant prices for their channels.

Lol @ the networks being mad because ATT hit them with that Corleone counter-offer:

They just took channel 2 off, I always thought channels 2,5, 7,9,32 and 50 were free.

They just took channel 2 off, I always thought channels 2,5, 7,9,32 and 50 were free.

Exactly.

All local channels are free over the airwaves, but local channels started charging cable and satellite companies for carrying their signal about 10 years ago.

Now the local channels are complaining because the cable/satellite companies smartened up and realized it's stupid to carry those channels for the prices they're charging since..........like you said..........those channels are free anyway.

Lost a contact this morning

Can't decide if I wanna rock a patch or just go home and put in a new pair

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back