Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Nicki Minaj's Husband Sends Threats To Offset On IG Live... Grab ya glocks when you see Tupac

test
Rap is toxic?

Almost every form of media be it literature, film, music, art etc has some form of toxicity...

Blaming social ills on rap music is honestly laughable

My thing is before rap became mainstream our community was worse off. Rap blew up like what 1988? That deep into the crack era or the pimp era from the 70s. I have heard back in the 70s a lot of folks hated the blaxploitation movies because of the images the pimps and the pushers. But all the old heads think back in the day was better.

The negative is the biggest push

And the negative is a very majority of the songs/images.

Simple.

Can we be real tho entertainment wise positive boring stuff gets old. To me rap and stuff is a fantasy I don’t have to live so I like the violent stuff because it’s like watching a movie. Like would you rather watch a western or a violent movie over a romance comedy?

She reports every bit of people's trauma and drama for gain. Thats gonna come with it. And why do you all of a sudden expect more from the miscreants on Twitter lol?

2+2=4 nigga.
I said ok man 🤷🏾‍♂️

But I do think balance is needed.

I've been saying this since the IC.

Balance is what's missing. It was nothing to turn on the radio or BET/MTV and hear a lyricist spittin some "battle the unknown MC" shit, conscious shit trying to uplift the people, dance/party joints, humorous joints, along with the gangsta and crime songs. There was balance, it wasn't just this one-sided shit we got now.

I've been saying this since the IC.

Balance is what's missing. It was nothing to turn on the radio or BET/MTV and hear a lyricist spittin some "battle the unknown MC" shit, conscious shit trying to uplift the people, dance/party joints, humorous joints, along with the gangsta and crime songs. There was balance, it wasn't just this one-sided shit we got now.

You know what's been missing in this whole thread?

It's not just about the streets and hip-hop being connected.

It's about the streets..........hip-hop.............and social media.

And when you think about it, social media might be playing the biggest role in all of this.

Simply because a lot of these beefs start out..........or escalate........on social media, and eventually roll out into the streets.

Back