Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Nicki Minaj's Husband Sends Threats To Offset On IG Live... Grab ya glocks when you see Tupac

test
"Hip hop is what you make it"

Positives:
the art created
the opportunities jobs and careers that spawn from the artform

Negatives:
None. PEOPLE are the negatives, not the artform

Can't point fingers at music when that's just audio...you're not saying shit about movies and television which is visual and audio. How does something that you SEE and hear have less effect on people than something that you only hear huh?... But it's not the movies or TV either..again, it's people and when it comes to the Black community... it's white people practicing white supremacy that creates the negative activity that unfortunately filters through hip hop, but its not BECAUSE of hip hop... the crux of everything always circles back to oppression. We have limited resources in our community. That lack creates natural animosity.. If there was no oppression hip hop would just be party music. Hip hop/rap/music/art is just a vehicle. Its never the driver.
This shit was terrible

Music is only an expression of the state of the world

There were gangs before there was rap/hiphop

There were drugs before there was rap/hiphop

Actually rap/hiphop was at least 5 yrs or more behind on the opioid epidemic

New rappers die more now because the criteria to be called a rapper has been lowered.

Most of these guys would be local or less than local pre internet.

I just don’t think it’s correct to blame the music for all the evil that men do.

But I do think balance is needed.

Music is only an expression of the state of the world

There were gangs before there was rap/hiphop

There were drugs before there was rap/hiphop

Actually rap/hiphop was at least 5 yrs or more behind on the opioid epidemic

New rappers die more now because the criteria to be called a rapper has been lowered.

Most of these guys would be local or less than local pre internet.

I just don’t think it’s correct to blame the music for all the evil that men do.

But I do think balance is needed.

russell-westbrook-nba.gif

It's part of the job hazards now? Their lives being at risk is part of the job description? You niggas are talking yourselves retarded.

"Hip hop is what you make it"

Positives:
the art created
the opportunities jobs and careers that spawn from the artform

Negatives:
None. PEOPLE are the negatives, not the artform

Can't point fingers at music when that's just audio...you're not saying shit about movies and television which is visual and audio. How does something that you SEE and hear have less effect on people than something that you only hear huh?... But it's not the movies or TV either..again, it's people and when it comes to the Black community... it's white people practicing white supremacy that creates the negative activity that unfortunately filters through hip hop, but its not BECAUSE of hip hop... the crux of everything always circles back to oppression. We have limited resources in our community. That lack creates natural animosity.. If there was no oppression hip hop would just be party music. Hip hop/rap/music/art is just a vehicle. Its never the driver.

TV is not reality, most people understand this.

Hip Hop, however, is the sound of the streets. Now, there's the lyricists shit, the conscious shit, party music, pop shit, and then there's the "reality rap" aka "gangsta", "crime", and nowadays "drill". That last shit is supposed to represent the ear of the street, the actual shit going on in the hood around the way. Now those of us that grew up with it from it's birth know a lot of that shit is fairy tale shit, but this new generation is taking it as the genuine reality of the streets, especially when so many rappers have been murdered recently. So the impact is far different over something that folks already have filed away in their brains as "fiction and fantasy".

Last edited:
View attachment 1180867

It's part of the job hazards now? Their lives being at risk is part of the job description? You niggas are talking yourselves retarded.
It’s always a hazard for ppl to think you got something they want.

I never said it was part of their job description though.

It’s a part of the job description if you’re from the streets or in a gang.

But hey I’m biased and part of the problem 😂

Im not using that at all.

I feel you are bro. I can't speak for modern rap. I'm a 90s rap fan. I don't think the majority of rap in the 90s was destructive. That's why I asked you the questions I did. Somebody Gotta Die was a violent song, but it didn't leave you feeling like the violence was good. A baby got shot and the way the song ended let you know that was fucked up.

I say this all the time. My favorite rap album is OB4CL. That album featured a lot of negative shit, but if you came out of it feeling like it was promoting that stuff, you're an idiot. The album started off with Rae and Ghost talking about how bad the drug life is. We can go song for song in the 90s. I just don't think the music was a destructive as you're claiming.

Sad

Word is she's getting threats for reporting on this.

More hate towards her than the bozo that committed the act

Back