Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word. Instead of him being off the books like yall wanted, yall gonna have to work and give something up to get back a player to waive and get him off the books.

And this is the highlight of yall offseason.

Shout out pat.

Plus you gonna be watching Zo put up trash ass shots with me cause MSG dont get Heat games.

Shout out Jersey.

Did I want him to opt out? Sure but it's not that bad if he didnt. Worst case scenario is he stays and his 20 mil comes off next summer. Omg what are we gonna do?
You speak like dragic has NO value. It's 19 mil of the books and we are not attaching something we don't wanna give up.

Also nigga I have league pass so if anything im lucky to have the knicks blacked out.

Did I want him to opt out? Sure but it's not that bad if he didnt. Worst case scenario is he stays and his 20 mil comes off next summer. Omg what are we gonna do?
You speak like dragic has NO value. It's 19 mil of the books and we are not attaching something we don't wanna give up.

Also nigga I have league pass so if anything im lucky to have the knicks blacked out.

Fam look at all that shit you just typed and then slap yourself cause you typed all that about dragic.

Heat offseason is a nutshell

Lavine my dog I prefer to acquire lonzo and keep lavine but adding lonzo and #4 sounds mad enticing Too

I fuck with Lavine and think him and Zo would be a very interesting backcourt....but clearing 20 mil off the books and that flexibility is intriguing and hard to pass up too(plus that 4th pick)

Fam look at all that shit you just typed and then slap yourself cause you typed all that about dragic.

Heat offseason is a nutshell
Knick fans talk about players they can get maybe more than their own players

And as soon as players come to the knicks they are hated

Bruh this is false, if you don’t get your casual ass da fuck outta here

lol @ niggas really believing that somebody's just a casual sports fan only because they rarely post in here.

Wrong again.

Durant and Klay can leave and they still wont be able to max Kawhi

Golden State's already paying a luxury tax.

They have been for a few years.

So going above the salary cap means nothing to them.

They also just paid a few billion dollars for a new arena, so they've got a lot riding on filling those seats.

It's not gonna be a good look for them if they end up being a mediocre team next year.

Durant would be maxed out at $250 million if he decides to stay.

Everything I've been hearing up until recently leads me to believe that he's leaving.

Now, unless the achilles injury changed things, that's $250 million that they won't have to spend......on Durant......if he's still set on leaving.

Kawhi hasn't committed to staying in Toronto.

Just like with Durant, all the noise indicates that he plans to leave as well.

Toronto is the only team that can max him out, so.........if he does decide to leave.........he's not gonna get max dollars anywhere else he decides to go.

Therefore, if Kawhi is dead set on leaving Toronto and wants to be closer to his family in Cali.......then Golden State is the best option for him from both a basketball, as well as a financial perspective.

Whether he actually does it or not is another matter altogether.

But let's not act like it wouldn't make sense for him to do so.

lol @ niggas really believing that somebody's just a casual sports fan only because they rarely post in here.

They also just paid a few billion dollars for a new arena, so they've got a lot riding on filling those seats.

It's not gonna be a good look for them if they end up being a mediocre team next year.

Everything I've been hearing up until recently leads me to believe that he's leaving.

Now, unless the achilles injury changed things, that's $250 million that they won't have to spend......on Durant......if he's still set on leaving.

Toronto is the only team that can max him out, so.........if he does decide to leave.........he's not gonna get max dollars anywhere else he decides to go.

Therefore, if Kawhi is dead set on leaving Toronto and wants to be closer to his family in Cali.......then Golden State is the best option for him from both a basketball, as well as a financial perspective.

Thats not how it works

Its not about being willing to pay the luxury tax. They are above the cap and league rules will not allow them to sign Kawhi. They cannot go above the cap. Its a rule. A law within the NBA.

A team can only go above the salary cap to sign their own players if they have their bird rights. If a team does decide to resign their own players and go above the cap, they will pay a luxury tax on them.

In other words, it is impossible for them to sign Kawhi even if both parties wanted it, which neither party does.

Knick fans talk about players they can get maybe more than their own players

And as soon as players come to the knicks they are hated

Moved onto saying completely irrelevant.

Thought so fam. Stay in your pocket cause next time I aint gon be nice and take my foot off your neck.

Not how what works?

Please explain.

Its not about being willing to pay the luxury tax. They are above the cap and league rules will not allow them to sign Kawhi. They cannot go above the cap. Its a rule. A law within the NBA even.

A team can only go above the salary cap to sign their own players if they have their bird rights. If a team does decide to resign their own players and go above the cap, they will pay a luxury tax on them.

In other words, it is impossible for them to sign Kawhi even if both parties wanted it, which neither party does.

Its not about being willing to pay the luxury tax. They are above the cap and league rules will not allow them to sign Kawhi. They cannot go above the cap. Its a rule. A law within the NBA even.

Of course all of this is predicated on KD leaving.

If he stays, then everything you said would be true.

However, like I said earlier.........Golden State wouldn't be able to sign Kawhi to a max deal anyway.

That doesn't mean they still couldn't sign him and stay below the cap.

However, like I said earlier.........Golden State wouldn't be able to sign Kawhi to a max deal anyway.

You right, I didnt think about it that way

OMG, are u this dumb or is this some Andy Kaufman shit????

How is he right? KD leaving does not open max room to sign Kawhi. And he is definitely not taking a mid level exception. I know he is weird, but not that weird.

He could sign to the same type of deal he did with Toronto.......and then sign a max deal the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back