Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t you noticed that harden creates the contact and draws fouls better than anybody else?

That's not an answer to my question. Do you really think defenders would play him the same from deep knowing that a single free throw could give him three points?

That's not an answer to my question. Do you really think defenders would play him the same from deep knowing that a single free throw could give him three points?
How can I answer this though? How am I supposed to know how players will react during these conditions?

Also what are the defenders gonna do otherwise? Let him shoot the three?

How much different do you think defenders will defend him compared to how they already defend him? They know he’s going to shoot the 3 and try to draw contact.

How much different do you think defenders will defend him compared to how they already defend him? They know he’s going to shoot the 3 and try to draw contact.

I believe that NBA players and coaches are smart enough to adjust if they feel it's that big of a difference. Players and coaches have adjusted to the rules being changed for decades. This would be no different. You wouldn't suddenly see players averaging 50 ppg because of this rule change like @Beta has suggested.

How can I answer this though? How am I supposed to know how players will react during these conditions?

Also what are the defenders gonna do otherwise? Let him shoot the three?

What do you mean? I'm asking what you think. You don't know what you think?

What they could do otherwise is play smarter D.

Nobody cares about Kuzma? I’m shocked

That news was first reported Tuesday.

I believe that NBA players and coaches are smart enough to adjust if they feel it's that big of a difference. Players and coaches have adjusted to the rules being changed for decades. This would be no different. You wouldn't suddenly see players averaging 50 ppg because of this rule change like @Beta has suggested.
Why aren’t they adjusting now?

Why aren’t they adjusting now?

Because they obviously don't feel the need to. Obviously they've determined that playing him the way they are is the most effective. If that's not true, they're idiots.

Same determination they'd have to make if the rules were changed. This isn't rocket science.

Because they obviously don't feel the need to. Obviously they've determined that playing him the way they are is the most effective. If that's not true, they're idiots.

Same determination they'd have to make if the rules were changed. This isn't rocket science.
So they let him do what he wants and they’ll adjust if they make 1 free throw worth 3 points? Got it.

@cj012890
@Willie Beamen

Link to Rockets Media Day at 11

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back