Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was agreeing with the notion that Bradley been ass/hurt since boston

He started to play really well after going to Memphis to the point where I trust him to be a good signing and better than KCP

You contradicted your first paragraph with your second paragraph. He can't be ass since Boston if you say he played well I'm Memphis.

They don’t like players controlling their own destiny.

Who here didnt think the NBA wasnt going to try to step in at some point...its undermining how they want business to go..

I mean the commish did block CP3 to the Lakers at one point trying to control things..

Who here didnt think the NBA wasnt going to try to step in at some point...its undermining how they want business to go..

I mean the commish did block CP3 to the Lakers at one point trying to control things..
Step in and do what? They created the Kevin Durant rule to entice players to stay with their current teams and we’ve seen players leave money on the table.

The league owned the Hornets at the time...

Step in and do what? They created the Kevin Durant rule to entice players to stay with their current teams and we’ve seen players leave money on the table.

The league owned the Hornets at the time...

My dude...did you not read the tweet...this is still a business...at some point "if the powers that be" aren't liking how certain things are ..they can get it switched up.

It's working in the players favor now but you would be a fool if you forget who still runs the NBA.

Member who sign these players checks...

David Stern blocked that trade because he and the league were the interim owners of the New Orleans team until they found a suitable buyer. The league hasn't interfered with any other trade since because they haven't been interim owners of a team since.

As far as free agency goes, the players have a right to choose wherever they want to go and shouldn't be chastised because they have fulfilled their contractual obligations.

I do think it's kind of fucked up that players with years on their deal through the media force their way off teams. The way Paul George did it to go to the Clippers is okay with me because he did it behind closed doors and didn't handicap OKC's trading leverage.

Of course it is also on the teams to fold or not, to the player under contracts demands. The players can ask for the trade but that doesn't mean the teams have to cave to their demands. This is where the media pisses me off these days though. Some media members will talk bad about the teams if they don't trade the player (who is still under contract) when they demand it and where they want to go, which in my opinion is wrong. If you signed a contract you should honor it unless the team has done something to breach the contract

My dude...did you not read the tweet...this is still a business...at some point "if the powers that be" aren't liking how certain things are ..they can get it switched up.

It's working in the players favor now but you would be a fool if you forget who still runs the NBA.

Member who sign these players checks...

The players have to sign off on any changes and restricting their freedom to move as they see fit is something I seriously doubt the players will agree to.

I get how it worked with the Hornets and how free agency is design but still the fact remains..the power still sides with the owners, commish n GMs

Niggas can pick n choose where they want to go..but contracts could hold them to teams longer if the owners wanted more of the power back.

Mean you think these owners and GMs like knowing niggas made plains years ago and shit..

Again it underminds their business....

Personally ion even mind if the player is under contract when they try and dip. Clippers got Blake to re-up with that dog and pony show then shipped his ass off to Detroit.

I get how it worked with the Hornets and how free agency is design but still the fact remains..the power still sides with the owners, commish n GMs

Niggas can pick n choose where they want to go..but contracts could hold them to teams longer if the owners wanted more of the power back.

Mean you think these owners and GMs like knowing niggas made plains years ago and shit..

Again it underminds their business....

The players have to agree to it via the collective bargaining agreement. PERIOD. The owners my use the player movement as a ploy to get the players to soften up on some of their other demands but I honestly do not see players agreeing to anything that hurts their power to move to where they want to play.

This is the NBA not NFL. The NFL can get away with what they do because it isn't any real competition with their product. The NBA has viable leagues who pay decent all over the world. If the league and the owners pull any shit the players can make good (not NBA level) money in Europe, China, or even South America.

The NBA is a global game and the NBA stars are global ambassador's for the sport of basketball. The NFL is an American sport and the players have a couple of small leagues that pay pennies compared to the NFL.

Bruh..my dude (respectfully) I understand how the CBA works..at one point rookies were getting paid more than vets...chris Paul along with others got the max and super max money to be put into affect.

I clearly understand.. for the sake of the discussions..if owners were upset about this..there's nothing they can do about it now per this CBA..

But if they deemed it to be an issue I'm sure it's something they would be able to attempt to change during the next CBA.

Yes..players have power still at the end of the day..they dont sign their own checks...so I feel owners still have the upper hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back