Welcome To aBlackWeb

Revisiting the nixed CP3 trade to the Lakers...What were your thoughts then? What are they now?

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
The deal that never was included Paul going to the Lakers, Pau Gasol heading to the Rockets. New Orleans would have received Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Lamar Odom, Goran Dragic and a 2012 first-round pick that Houston had acquired from the Knicks.

What are ya'lls thoughts?

Should the deal have been allowed to go through or did Stern do the right thing?

fuck, it...lets chop it up ro

what you think

I remember where I was when it broke. Think it was about 3:30 eastern time and by 6:30, it was rescinded.

Would it have been unfair if the trade happened? Probably but stern and the nba did at the time own the hornets so it is what it is

Don't know if that was enough to make the Lakers a championship team.

Odom and Gasol was key members to those teams. It would've depended on what LA would've been able to get around Kobe and CP3.

Would've been interesting tho, w/ the Mavs fresh off their chip, a OKC team that would be in the finals that upcoming season and the mighty Spurs.

Could've been the biggest failure ever, considering how Dwight turned out in LA.

It was payback for Jerry West trading Pau Gasol to the Lakers for Kwame Brown.

Only thing that makes sense.

Otherwise, the Lakers would've made more of a fuss about it.

Stern probably told them something along the lines of:

"You can fight this if you want, but I don't think you want me launching an investigation into the Gasol trade."

based off what we know now...there's at least a 90% chance Kobe and CP would have had a personality clash

as a hornets fan, i was all kinda confused

while i was into ball, i wasnt as invested as I am today, so i didnt understand the implications of what had taken place

i think NOLA would've been competitive for the short run, but iirc, wouldn't have had much flexibility moving forward.

they then tried to go younger with the clippers deal, but none of them wanted to be here and it showed. The hornets were a mess for a long ass time after that

hell, even odom was too

"The nba" owning a team should've never happened, too many conflicts of interests.

Back