Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver responds to players criticisms of officials

i get it i just feel like that would be all day lol

like I always assumed everybody verbally stole on the refs and they just had judge level emotions

levels b

like, you can say shit like "c'mon ref...how was that a foul" or shit like "but i didnt touch him"

or you can just come up to me and lets have a brief convo about it. Right or wrong, i cant change my call

BUT

when you go out of your way to take a dig at my manhood, thats when i just cant let shit slide. I would be out of pocket if I told a nigga, "thats why Lebron had his nuts in ya mouth last week".

Dont expect me to be professional at all times when you as a player cant be the same

ok

let me ask you this.

if the average fan saw Jae Crowder in the store...the same one that sent him a death threat, you think he gonna threaten him or ask for an autograph?

if that same fan saw idk...Joey Crawford in the store, you think he gonna try to lay the beats on him or ask him how did he get into refereeing?
Lmao stop trying to make this work

nobody is gonna try and beat up an old man but a lot of these refs are younger

I dont see the correlation btw when I said to make it public about disciplining refs

Lmao stop trying to make this work

nobody is gonna try and beat up an old man but a lot of these refs are younger

I dont see the correlation btw when I said to make it public about disciplining refs
Because people start to find shit to go out of their way to be overly critical of an official or to place unnecessary blame"

You put this man name out there to say "Official AP missed a foul that would've sent Embiid to the foul line" gives the impression to the uninitiated that somehow, had I just made that call, the sixers have a chance to win instead of looking at the number of TOs committed by the sixers or the streak of 10 straight missed shots coming down the stretch.

Games aren't won and lost on one play.

Even as pissed as I am about the non pass interference call that happened in the NCFCCG a couple of seasons ago, if you look at the entire game, the saints were far from perfect. They did some shit that shouldn't have put them in that position to begin with. I think the NFL is worse bc they have more officials but they are still outnumbered almost 2-1

Lol ohhh so you worried about Gucci mane looking ref getting knocked out while he at the deli? Lmao
would you wanna get snuffed in public for something you do on your job that was the indirect result of someone being on the unfortunate short end of the stick in their personal lives?

idk if you still in the mail room at the Benz dealership or not

would you wanna get snuffed in public for something you do on your job that was the indirect result of someone being on the unfortunate short end of the stick in their personal lives?

idk if you still in the mail room at the Benz dealership or not
lol damn Mercedes Benz headquarters

throwback

you a fan lol

but I’m confused. Shams can post about a player getting fined for comments towards the officials but he can’t post about how Tony brothers and co missed a crucial call so he will have a coaching assignment on Thursday taken away?

why would that lead to homie getting knocked out next to the produce?

lol damn Mercedes Benz headquarters

throwback

you a fan lol

but I’m confused. Shams can post about a player getting fined for comments towards the officials but he can’t post about how Tony brothers and co missed a crucial call so he will have a coaching assignment on Thursday taken away?

why would that lead to homie getting knocked out next to the produce?
my b...for some reason i thought it was the dealership lol

srs question though. Does sham just post the fine amount or does he post what got the player fined?

I think its the former and other outlets report the latter.

and again, imagine the scrutiny that will come after every single game if the names of the officials were revealed as to who blew the call.

NOW, this is just a theory I have based on the things i've seen with officials in the NBA.

I mentioned a few posts back how you have a primary and secondary area of coverage right. So, in HS, depending on who you ref with, some dudes dont mind you "calling out your area" as they just want the game to go as smooth as possible, and there are some guys that will come up to you and ask you why did you call a foul in their area.

I say that to say, they are pretty persnickety about this at the lower levels, but in the NBA, based on what i've seen and what i've been told by a few people who know people who know people, the NBA doesnt really have an area of coverage. If you see a foul, you call the foul. Again, i dont have anything to substantiate it, but it makes sense when you consider you will see a baseline official call a foul WAY at the top of the arch while he has competitive matchups in his primary area of coverage.

SO, if my theory is correct even slightly, who do you assign the foul to in the late game 2 min situations? Do you assume that if its an official RIGHT on top of the play, it's his call? Or did all the officials miss it b/c they have the latitude to call anywhere on the court?

the shams thing idk and I guess at the NBA level if I were to name drop or find out how to throw blame, I guess I would go with the crew chief since he’s the big boss.

But we have cameras and video and audio now we can differentiate when you go back to look at the calls to see who called and who missed what.
Like the Play Donovan Mitchell was complaining about against Philly that got him tossed you can find who did it and say the next morning the ref responsible will not work for the rest of the week or something to that effect.

I’m just saying players get publicly disciplined and fined. I’m not even asking for the ref to be fined. Just be held accountable and let the ppl know he is being held accountable

the shams thing idk and I guess at the NBA level if I were to name drop or find out how to throw blame, I guess I would go with the crew chief since he’s the big boss.

But we have cameras and video and audio now we can differentiate when you go back to look at the calls to see who called and who missed what.
Like the Play Donovan Mitchell was complaining about against Philly that got him tossed you can find who did it and say the next morning the ref responsible will not work for the rest of the week or something to that effect.

I’m just saying players get publicly disciplined and fined. I’m not even asking for the ref to be fined. Just be held accountable and let the ppl know he is being held accountable
but he is being held accountable LMAO

just not by the court of public opinion

and the crew chief is responsible for the interpretation of the rules if questioned and other administrative shit if fights break out and whatnot. How you gonna blame that man if he on the other side of the court? lol

lemme see if i can find the mitchell play and give my two pennies

brb

but he is being held accountable LMAO

just not by the court of public opinion

and the crew chief is responsible for the interpretation of the rules if questioned and other administrative shit if fights break out and whatnot. How you gonna blame that man if he on the other side of the court? lol

lemme see if i can find the mitchell play and give my two pennies

brb
With great power comes great responsibility

if the crew chief can’t handle being held accountable for his ref kids then...

ok

timestamped.

This is a foul on Gobert. It's actually a combination of two things but if you are going by the letter of the law, Gobert is in violation of a foul. Gobert has the left forearm on Embiid's back. As Embiid attempts the putback, he gets hung on the rim BUT b/c Gobert has the forearm on the back, you dont know how much force he exudes to Embiid. Embiid probably does embellish a bit to sell it, but by the letter of the law, its a foul

Couldnt find any other angle on this play. From here, you see Ben swipe, but i cant definitively tell if he makes contact with Mitchell. It "looks" funny, but you can't go by that. Mitchell is probably banking on getting a foul called which is why he shot it the way he did and when he didnt get the call, he got upset

few things though...the lead official (1) is caught in no mans land. He was coming over trying to force a rotation when mitchell puts up the shot. The old Center official (2) is caught in the middle of rotating as well b/c he sees the lead official coming over

1615238049620.png

Literally a second or two later.

Look at no.2 body as he trying to view the play. Mitchell has just done a pump fake and almost got simmons to bite. Lead official is back peddling back to his old spot. There are more players on that side of the floor. He can't give help to Center official.

1615238182740.png

i cant even tell if this is a foul. The official is slightly out of position. The play is happening so fast and I bet there arent any other angles to see if this was a foul or I couldnt find one but i have to assume that because an alternate view wasnt shown in the replays, there wasnt a better view so this is what the officials would've had to look at. To me, its inconclusive. The lead official has to be responsible for the matchups in his area, mainly Gobert and Embiid b/c what if they get tangled up while he's watching Mitchell? He wouldnt be able to see who did what first.

1615238442770.png

Attachments

• 1615238442917.png
    1615238442917.png
    712.4 KB · Views: 1
good example of what im talking about...slightly

this is a foul on simmons. He is caught hooking mitchells arm on mitchells spin. The official that was in the frame of this play didnt call anything, but it looks like (based on the reactions of the players, the lead official called it. The play was going away from him so im not sure what he saw to call and offensive foul on Mitchell. He should've passed on the call imo, but to my point, the paint is an area where while you have primary and secondary responsibilities, any one of them can make that call in the paint, but the rule of thumb is if the play goes away from you or curls away from you, dont blow shit unless you saw something on the backside away from the view of your partners that you HAD to make the call.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok...i see why they called it on Mitchell.

Its the shit harden does when he sees a player reach for the ball as he gathers and he instantly moves his arms up in a shooting motion catching the defenders arms in the path. The officials almost always award that call to Harden. The lead official must've thought Mitchell was doing the same thing and intentionally hooks Simmons arm as he goes into his spin.

i didnt call this year due to covid so i've been keeping myself abreast by looking at game footage here and there to keep the mind sharp
lol don’t be coy go ahead and look at that whistle hanging on the wall and say “I does this shit”

No days off

btw I can’t really look at the vids right now but I will

levels b

like, you can say shit like "c'mon ref...how was that a foul" or shit like "but i didnt touch him"

or you can just come up to me and lets have a brief convo about it. Right or wrong, i cant change my call

BUT

when you go out of your way to take a dig at my manhood, thats when i just cant let shit slide. I would be out of pocket if I told a nigga, "thats why Lebron had his nuts in ya mouth last week".

Dont expect me to be professional at all times when you as a player cant be the same

yeah....my assumptions and viewpoint is that of someone that just doesnt see these guys as having equal parts in this company/business

but the guys running shit feel differently and I know thats a good thing for everybody involved

ay thats funny tho and brings me to another question....the refs cant talk that shit??....i really wouldnt be mad at that either lol

Spida calls you a fuck boy.....Tell him chill his knock kneed ass out ?

lol don’t be coy go ahead and look at that whistle hanging on the wall and say “I does this shit”

No days off

btw I can’t really look at the vids right now but I will
the very first one is a video. The rest are screenshots

AP you can make youtube vids breaking down the refs and what’s The right and wrong calls

get on your Steve javie shit

maybe make enough money to where you don’t even have to ref for money no more

unless you “love the hustle“

yeah....my assumptions and viewpoint is that of someone that just doesnt see these guys as having equal parts in this company/business

but the guys running shit feel differently and I know thats a good thing for everybody involved

ay thats funny tho and brings me to another question....the refs cant talk that shit??....i really wouldnt be mad at that either lol

Spida calls you a fuck boy.....Tell him chill his knock kneed ass out ?
im sure in the NBA they tell the officials to only talk when appropriate and to steer clear of going back and forth with the players. The refs are mic'd up lol.

In high school, i be telling them dudes all kinda shit lol. I'm respectful though. I just tell them stop whining...shit like that. If a dude be like "c'mon ref", i'll say something like, "so you been riding the dude the whole way up the court on defense, but when he does it to you, you want a foul"?

it kinda fucks em up for a bit lol

Back