Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver responds to players criticisms of officials

Lol bro you pro ref

fuck off you the opps there’s no point in trying to make you see the player’s side
brah, i played ball

i know both positions, however, in a sport that has been dominated by entitled AAU kids who are used to being coddled and not forced to be responsible for their actions, yea, miss me with the i dont understand the pov of the players

brah, i played ball

i know both positions, however, in a sport that has been dominated by entitled AAU kids who are used to being coddled and not forced to be responsible for their actions, yea, miss me with the i dont understand the pov of the players
So you’re “both sides of the argument”?

But nah they are making it worse because they won’t let players hang on the rim for more than 2 secs, they won’t let the players bounce the ball in the air when they are angry at themself (even though there’s barely any fans), they won’t let players talk aggressively to each other for a min, they are making bad calls on a regular basis, they are won’t even let players look at the opposing team’s bench after a made shot.

they take too long to review easy calls. They won’t let players celebrate too much on the court

they want players to be emotionless essentially and just play ball

now they are waiting to see what happens after shots to blow the whistle

who do you think the refs answer to? lol

You think they care about dudes hanging on the rims? If the man that pays them says dont let them do x, what you think they gonna do. I'll give you a perfect example of rules in high school about jerseys/uniforms. I aint the fashion police, and I dont give a shit if the kids roll their shorts up, roll the waistband down, etc... but we gotta enforce the shit b/c its on tape and if the assigner sees you letting that kinda stuff go on unchecked, then it's gonna cost you assignments.

Now, to your point, we know the NBA is a buncha "hold me back" niggas, until it's not. The nba does not want another malice at the palace situation or Knicks/Heat fight with players and coaches.

They tell you even in high school as a ref, dead that shit early. And these are kids still going through puberty and shit and cant handle their emotions. Now imagine grown ass, fragile ego ass men who have been coddled since they could dribble a ball. Them emotionally unstable niggas stay trying to take shit to the next level b/c another nigga dropping 30 on their scalp that night.

Sometimes, you assume certain players just be ribbing each other but sometimes you dont know if its competition or real issues and you dont have long to act on it before some shit pop off.

I think to Silvers point, there are certain mental pressures that come with being an official that if you've never reffed, you can relate, empathize, sympathize, etc... as a player.

So you’re “both sides of the argument”?
yes

but also put it like this...like i said earlier, its SUPER competitive to be an NBA official. I truly believe SOME of those dudes are the best of the best and some are just living off legacies at this point.

its 3 officials, 10 players constantly moving every second of the game, plus coaches bitching, plus fans accusing you of cheating. As a ref, you have a primary area of coverage and a secondary one, then you gotta rely on the other two officials to be on their A game.

they tell you officiate your 33 1/3rd area of the court, but if you got a partner thats out of shape or has bad judgment, now your shit has expanded to almost 64% you have to officiate to compensate for one of them.

as a fan and as an official, yes, i get upset when Zion go to the basket, gets hacked, and nothing is called, but on the very next play, if you breath on Booker shooting 18+ft away from the basket, its a foul.

I see what you’re saying

fuck the refs because I will not let them off the hook completely because of league mandates

doesn’t excuse them being wholly inconsistent and progressively getting worse over the last decade

They come out with that wack ass league report the day after to say “my bad” with no visible consequences
the consequences are fewer assignments. I think they do a scoring system also that helps determine future assignments as well as playoff games.

ya'll want them to take the Cersei walk of shame lol

Bad and missed calls are part of the game..

Most of these players know who and what they can say or do to each official to get a technical. None of this shit is new and it's funny that now, shit especially now with all the outside stress everybody worldwide is going through that some players would act like any of this shit is new as far as missed and bad calls.

Like Adam Silver said everyone is under an enormous amount of stress and pressure so maybe some of these refs aren't taking as much shit from the players as they used to do.

OK AP that changes the shit completely (as far as assignments and who they answer to)...and if thats the case then Adam needs to say that and shut it all down

because everybody might now know that everything comes from up top....all they know is this dude just fucked the game up

i hear you on the mental pressures cuz they're human but I still laughed lol

I see what you’re saying

fuck the refs because I will not let them off the hook completely because of league mandates

doesn’t excuse them being wholly inconsistent and progressively getting worse over the last decade
if you think it's gotten progressively worse, then look no further than the product the nba wants to put out.

For instance, the Zaza pachulia (sp?) rule has ALWAYS been a rule, but it didnt become magnified until Kawahi came down on his foot, rolling his ankle, and causing him to miss time and probably cost them that series that year. Fans dont know the rules but when one like that gets highlighted, now you are looking for every single instance of that rule to say when it should be applied.

Dude told me a long time ago, anybody can ref the black and white, but a real official can referee the gray.

And there is still the human element to everything when its a judgement call.

As far as the replays go, you would think they would have put even more cameras so that it can get the best look of the play from every possible viewable angle. Dont be surprised if you hear within the next 3 years if not sooner they will be doing just that. I think they still have the same camera angles as they've had over the past 10 years or so. That's just me guessing based on all the looks of reviewed plays being practically the same.

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
OK AP that changes the shit completely (as far as assignments and who they answer to)...and if thats the case then Adam needs to say that and shut it all down

because everybody might now know that everything comes from up top....all they know is this dude just fucked the game up

i hear you on the mental pressures cuz they're human but I still laughed lol
him saying that then puts a target on the officials back.

its a catch 22. My best games I've called were the ones where I barely blew my whistle.

Some of it was just there were some really great athletes who could just put the ball in the hole. All i had to do was toss the ball for the jumpball, call out of bounds, and award time outs when called. Look up at the foul count, and it was less than 10 for the entire game.

Others, you have to be more engaged b/c the talent isnt as good and you basically protecting the kids from themselves. Like if i see a kid do a hard foul but it wasnt intentional, he was just goofy, then as soon as it happens, i go up to him, grab him and start walking him away towards his bench and tell the coach to give me a sub. I then walk over to the player that got fouled and talk to him to see if he's ok.

Then there are times when i knew a kid was on some fuck shit. Tech'd him up 2x and ejected him

I say all that to say is, I agree with the sentiment that no one comes to see the players. I want to let the fans watch the players, but what happens when the players arent up to the challenge and come up short, or they are nervous and start doing crazy shit. Now I HAVE to step in and try to reset the tone.

You dont get NO help from the coaches in that regard.

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
the consequences are fewer assignments. I think they do a scoring system also that helps determine future assignments as well as playoff games.

ya'll want them to take the Cersei walk of shame lol
lol I want visible punishment

players get it why not the refs?

You a fuckin lie lol

Danny green JUST got death threats in the finals

so did Jae crowder this season (idk why though)
ok

let me ask you this.

if the average fan saw Jae Crowder in the store...the same one that sent him a death threat, you think he gonna threaten him or ask for an autograph?

if that same fan saw idk...Joey Crawford in the store, you think he gonna try to lay the beats on him or ask him how did he get into refereeing?

Dudes be talkin to the refs reckless if I throw a nigga out the game it’s for his own benefit
soon as I hear "ol pussy ass nigga"

Kevin Hart 40 Year Old Virgin GIFs | Tenor

i get it i just feel like that would be all day lol

like I always assumed everybody verbally stole on the refs and they just had judge level emotions

Back