Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver responds to players criticisms of officials

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator

"I will say everyone is under enormous pressure this year," Silver said during his All-Star media Zoom call Saturday evening. "The officials aren’t exempt from that. They are also operating under our sort of work quarantine protocols.

As long as the players not cursing at the ref then let everything else go. The refs need to walk away, the games not about the ref so they need to humble themselves
i keep trying to tell ya'll lol

these dudes are men before the stripes. They are human as well and they not gonna catch every single thing. Basketball is a contact sport and you're gonna get bumped and touched.

There isnt anything to support that the refs have been horrible consistently. Just some unfortunate non calls at inopportune times

the players think they have the right to cuss and fuss and argue over calls. No...it dont work that way. It's one thing to talk to an official to ask him what he saw or to ask him a basketball question, but it's another to attack them b/c you didnt get the whistle.

These refs not allowing the players to show frustration. Let them have an emotional moment as long as it isn't going on for multiple trips down the floor
not all players "show frustration". A lot of them do that thing where they talking to the refs, but indirectly and that could be perceived as a slight or just flat out disrespect.

Flopping and flailing also hasnt helped make officiating easier as well

nah man....i could be missing a side b/c im in no way involved in any sport on even a minor level

i understand stress...and pressure on the job...whoopty whoop

i cant get with people being thrown out for shit that slid by yesterday.....like, childish shit

i've never agreed with following the officials around and crying either....bad calls happen, keep playing

but some of that shit cant by anything but what it is....HOE SHIT....there's no place for that in a mens sport

As long as the players not cursing at the ref then let everything else go. The refs need to walk away, the games not about the ref so they need to humble themselves

this....nobody came to see you keep respect and peace on the tv networks.....call a foul or out of bounds....otherwise shut the fuck up

i really cant imagine why the league wouldnt make this clear and put the players (ALL THE FUCKING VALUE) at ease....im sure they can re-up on officials when a few of em leave to become police

nah man....i could be missing a side b/c im in no way involved in any sport on even a minor level

i understand stress...and pressure on the job...whoopty whoop

i cant get with people being thrown out for shit that slid by yesterday.....like, childish shit

i've never agreed with following the officials around and crying either....bad calls happen, keep playing

but some of that shit cant by anything but what it is....HOE SHIT....there's no place for that in a mens sport

this....nobody came to see you keep respect and peace on the tv networks.....call a foul or out of bounds....otherwise shut the fuck up

i really cant imagine why the league wouldnt make this clear and put the players (ALL THE FUCKING VALUE) at ease....im sure they can re-up on officials when a few of em leave to become police
interesting pov

there is a reason the NBA only has like 100 officials...its close knit and very competitive af to get into

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
i keep trying to tell ya'll lol

these dudes are men before the stripes. They are human as well and they not gonna catch every single thing. Basketball is a contact sport and you're gonna get bumped and touched.

There isnt anything to support that the refs have been horrible consistently. Just some unfortunate non calls at inopportune times

the players think they have the right to cuss and fuss and argue over calls. No...it dont work that way. It's one thing to talk to an official to ask him what he saw or to ask him a basketball question, but it's another to attack them b/c you didnt get the whistle.

oh so this is a personal respect flex....yeah, fuck them niggas lmao

i'd walk all of em if im Adam

you have one of the most hated jobs ever....it goes police, meter maids, and goddamn referees lol

you gone be a "bitch ass nigga" from the other side of the court sometimes lmao......let it roll off and take your check home

interesting pov

there is a reason the NBA only has like 100 officials...its close knit and very competitive af to get into

see, i dont know these things....so are they on contract?

all i can compare it to is a record company siding with the building security when they get into it with the artists

like, you're important and all but relax

how are they making it worse?

i would say flopping has

i agree with this tho....flopping is some bullshit

if im an official I wouldnt call none of em...just look at em stupid

but also fully expect them to get mad and mouth off.....you aint gone touch me so we good

i know im here to be hated

how are they making it worse?

i would say flopping has
But nah they are making it worse because they won’t let players hang on the rim for more than 2 secs, they won’t let the players bounce the ball in the air when they are angry at themself (even though there’s barely any fans), they won’t let players talk aggressively to each other for a min, they are making bad calls on a regular basis, they are won’t even let players look at the opposing team’s bench after a made shot.

they take too long to review easy calls. They won’t let players celebrate too much on the court

they want players to be emotionless essentially and just play ball

now they are waiting to see what happens after shots to blow the whistle

Most of all they aren’t consistent

there’s no reason why Lebron and Kyle Lowry shouldnt get anything for following the refs crying after every play

Back