Welcome To aBlackWeb

Nas takes to Instagram to write open letter to ex wife Kelis over child custody

The nigga wrote a manifesto breh...I put together that his aim was to clear things up that he felt she was wrong about. That's what happens when you say someone is lying and keep talking lol.
Even tho I saw a few clips of the Kelis interview, I came away with they had a toxic relationship and were shitty to each other and left it at that. The nitty gritty details never interested me cuz that's not my business and I'd have no way to verify them anyway. So nas wanting us to know what nitty gritty details were wrong or misrepresented...doesn't interest me.

Like I said before, I'll get to reading nas side. But I wasn't and still am not interested in doing a deep dive into what degree of abuse or bad behavior was there. "She said I hit her on Thursday at 4pm, but it was really Tuesday at 9am"...like nigga idc. Abuse occurred on both ends. That's all I need to know.

The details actually do matter. It's not just a matter of the day of the week. If someone makes it seem like you were beating the shit out of them when really it was minor scuffles and public perception has a lot to do with your livelihood you better clear yourself up. All abuse ain't the same, you can't be serious.

can all physical contact be labeled abuse?

are there levels to physical abuse?

Is this a serious question - AP
it is

my personal view is if you are the aggressor and initiate it, you are applying physical abuse. If you are defending yourself...well, you're defending yourself from physical abuse.

Only using this as an example, but in what's love got to do with it, in the limo, was Tina physically abusing Ike b/c she was defending herself?

I stopped reading like 3 lines in when he said Kelis is telling another "sad, fictitious story"....I don't have a dog in the dog in this fight but I saw parts of the Kelis interview where she talked about the domestic issues in their relationship. She wasn't speaking as a victim, she wasn't speaking as somebody tryna tear him down and she took responsibility for her part in the dysfunction. She was sharing something she went through. And it all sounded believable.

Of course I wasn't there so idk the full story...but to see bruh instantly going into "she's lying on me" mode is not something I'm interested in and I honestly expected better from nas.

Oh and takeover better than ether.

This thread has made me watch that interview with Kelis about her and Nas's relationship, and yeah, it seemed toxic as fuck. She spoke about it in a very 'matter of fact' way for a large part and they both seemed as guilty as each other - she has issues and so does Nas. When two people are overly passionate, they both grow apart from each other and both get violent then it's a recipe for disaster.

Too many people on here shitting on Kelis and caping for Nas when they both seem as guilty as each other. To me it's not an either/or case.

Wow, I read the whole thing.
I kept thinking it was over because at the end of the page he would bring closure, but there was aways another page.
That was pretty interesting. I think a lot of people go through this situation and it helps for young adults (not his children) and grown folks to see another side of what fathers who want to be and are trying to be and can afford to be and should be in their children's lives do. We are already familiar with the deadbeat rolling stone pops, now it's good to see the thoughtful caring man express himself and his struggles as Nas eloquently has done through his whole career.
man we been out here...but we getting shit on too

Aww man i usually agree with u
So in other words you already picked a side in the battle and nothing Nas has to say will change your opinion.

Sounds fair.

3 lines out of a 3 pager... Nah you got the full picture.

Nah don't do Gabs dirty like that. I had your reaction at first, too, but I think she might be right. There are usually three sides: his side, hers, and the truth, and usually his and hers have similarities to the truth. For him to come out of the gate and immediately reject her entire story, like there was no truth in it, is a bad sign. It's a sign of someone who's not willing to look in the mirror and acknowledge where they did go wrong, even if the other person is exaggerating.

To outright reject someone's entire views is not respectful, and comes across suspect. If nothing else, it shows an unwillingness to even try to understand the other person. At that point, it becomes about controlling the narrative, and when he does that, he's hypocritical as fuck for trying to call her out for being controlling.

Nah don't do Gabs dirty like that. I had your reaction at first, too, but I think she might be right. There are usually three sides: his side, hers, and the truth, and usually his and hers have similarities to the truth. For him to come out of the gate and immediately reject her entire story, like there was no truth in it, is a bad sign. It's a sign of someone who's not willing to look in the mirror and acknowledge where they did go wrong, even if the other person is exaggerating.

To outright reject someone's entire views is not respectful, and comes across suspect. If nothing else, it shows an unwillingness to even try to understand the other person. At that point, it becomes about controlling the narrative, and when he does that, he's hypocritical as fuck for trying to call her out for being controlling.

You're likely onto something there.

In her interview she admits she got violent as well and admitted that she has her fair share of blame. She also says she's moved on as she's got a new bloke, and that she's feels she's grown while he hasn't. One thing in Nas's looooong statement is that Nas never owns up to anything - it's all Kelis's fault. He calls her jealous when she's previously said she doesn't care who he's with, and if anything she hopes he finds someone because he's lonely. People really need to watch Kelis's interview - it'll make people think twice before simply calling her 'the crazy bitch'.

Last edited:

In her interview she admits she got violent as well and admitted that she has her fair share of blame. She also says she's moved on as she's got a new bloke, and that she's feels she's grown while he hasn't. One thing in Nas's looooong statement is that Nas never owns up to anything - it's all Lewis's fault. He calls her jealous when she's previously said she doesn't carer who he's with, and if anything she hopes he finds someone because he's lonely. People really need to watch Kelis's interview - it'll make people think twice before simply calling her 'the crazy bitch'.

Did y'all actually read what Nas wrote? He admitted he cheated. He admitted he was immature. He admitted he retaliated physically when he should have removed himself. Most of what he wrote isn't even about their relationship. It's about what's been happening since they divorced.

In her interview she admits she got violent as well and admitted that she has her fair share of blame. She also says she's moved on as she's got a new bloke, and that she's feels she's grown while he hasn't. One thing in Nas's looooong statement is that Nas never owns up to anything - it's all Lewis's fault. He calls her jealous when she's previously said she doesn't carer who he's with, and if anything she hopes he finds someone because he's lonely. People really need to watch Kelis's interview - it'll make people think twice before simply calling her 'the crazy bitch'.

Don't credit me, that's all Gabi. I think she's right, Nas is denying a lot and it seems dishonest or a little closed minded

Did y'all actually read what Nas wrote? He admitted he cheated. He admitted he was immature. He admitted he retaliated physically when he should have removed himself. Most of what he wrote isn't even about their relationship. It's about what's been happening since they divorced.

He discusses their relationship. How she's apparently jealous of his daughter (what relevance does that have?), how he's so happy right now even though she's married (comes across weird, like he's spreading it on too thick), talking about how she wanted him to stop the divorce proceedings (that did not need to be aired), how her first song was apparently some omen and forewarning about her succubus tendencies...

He talks a lot about what she used to do. His posture is along the lines of "I'm bad, you're evil". He admits he does some wrong, to justify him crucifying her later on in that piece, bringing up the past like Marty McFly.

There's a lot of self aggrandizement in his post: I'm a humble, god fearing, good, respectable, loyal, disconnected, brain infected, overloaded, candy coated, blah blah blah. It adds to this tone I think Gabi is referring to, where he seems unwilling to really talk with Kelis, rather than at her.

He discusses their relationship. How she's apparently jealous of his daughter (what relevance does that have?), how he's so happy right now even though she's married (comes across weird, like he's spreading it on too thick), talking about how she wanted him to stop the divorce proceedings (that did not need to be aired), how her first song was apparently some omen and forewarning about her succubus tendencies...

He talks a lot about what she used to do. His posture is along the lines of "I'm bad, you're evil". He admits he does some wrong, to justify him crucifying her later on in that piece, bringing up the past like Marty McFly.

There's a lot of self aggrandizement in his post: I'm a humble, god fearing, good, respectable, loyal, disconnected, brain infected, overloaded, candy coated, blah blah blah. It adds to this tone I think Gabi is referring to, where he seems unwilling to really talk with Kelis, rather than at her.
9ck7twrvn1t9.gif

what im taking from this and yall comments is that you guys never truly been taken to the ringer with a chick.

a liar can come across as authentic while someone whos not lying may seems like they coming on too thick....
it could because you heard herside first and for a while....an when he finally speaks he has alot to say so it may seem like" ok, nigga we get it" when hes was spread out over years.

if a man can take responsibility ....for his actions....what more does he need?
he said what he feels like she been saying.
now the public has to sift thru the BS for the truth.

but none of that should matter because he just wants his son

Back