• Total voters
1. Not For Radio - Pride
2. Cops Shot The Kid - Wrath
3. White Label - Lust
4. Bonjour - Gluttony
5. Everything - Greed
6. Adam & Eve - Sloth
7. Simple Things - Envy

No its not. i mean its universally accepted as truth so i can see why you say it but foh.. the lyrics is always the main course... unless you are a fast food rapper..

Nigga it's MUSIC , the production will always be just as important. If i solely wanna hear bars I'll check out a Smack battle or a street cypha. When it's time to hear MUSIC, guess what i want to hear? ......... nah nah nah, just guess............. MUSIC!

No its not. i mean its universally accepted as truth so i can see why you say it but foh.. the lyrics is always the main course... unless you are a fast food rapper..

I’m definitely a lyrics nigga myself...I used to ride around and listen to b side accapellas just to hear tha words...but you gotta complement tha beat that YOU choose to spit over...trash beats or poorly “followed” dope beats wit dope lyrics equates to a waste of potentially dope MUSIC

nas’s second verse on not for radio sounded so forced. like he was quickly reading bullet points on a powerpoint. shit didn’t flow at all

and i get what he was going for but still.....

”you tryna kick knowledge?”

The issue with this beat discussion is that it's about what you like and what sparks your interest.

slower ,boom bap,traditional east coast, or artsy hippity hop,"hipster" ,"back packer" music can be seen to one person as atmospheric and another as boring compared to the uptempo club /trap music sound.

I find that wordy lyricists are usually better suited for minimalist beats that showcase their words.

I look to Kanye to be innovative,so I'm not mad we he does something different,but I felt he kept it familiar,but added his own style to it.

by these standards Primo and Dre beats are "boring"

Yes as much as I love lyrics,beats do matter somewhat.They matter a lot

When a nigga get some true fire,it brings some shit out of them,but sometimes a dope MC can make a not so good beat sound better.

My issue wit this album been more about Nas flow than tha beats...I don’t have a problem with “innovative” beats but this shit sounding mad forced...like a bad mashup or summin’...again I blame this on this shit being conceived in Wy-fucking-oming!!

The issue with this beat discussion is that it's about what you like and what sparks your interest.

slower ,boom bap,traditional east coast, or artsy hippity hop,"hipster" ,"back packer" music can be seen to one person as atmospheric and another as boring compared to the uptempo club /trap music sound.

I find that wordy lyricists are usually better suited for minimalist beats that showcase their words.

I look to Kanye to be innovative,so I'm not mad we he does something different,but I felt he kept it familiar,but added his own style to it.

by these standards Primo and Dre beats are "boring"

This .. and they dont even necessary have to be wordy but intelligible when your saying skirtt skirt swag swag those beats really matter the most .. i just feel alot of people like the icing more than the cake.. but hey thats just me..

Jay Rock's album is better than this. I expected more from Nas and Ye, I expect nothing less than greatness from two Hip Hop legends. It's not trash but I can't say that I'm not a little disappointed. Hopefully it grows on me.

I voted meh. It’s decent . I like most of the records on here. Not one record I love though.

Same...I can’t see me getting to tha point where I consider this album dope or a classic but I like enough about it to not call it trash...I blame Ye and Wyoming...

Shit is dope to me the 2nd best album kanye worked on that has dropped these past few weeks.....it's funny he didn't have these type of beats on his own album he always trying that weird shit

When the Ye album came out I didn’t immediately feel it because I came in w/ an expectation of what I wanted the album to sound like. When it didn’t sound like that I was disappointed instead of appreciating it for what it was. Once I really started listening to it I was like aight this shit is soulful. I think some people where expecting a more raw, boom bap style album that Nas would spazz out on lyrically like on some Nas Is Like type shit. This ain’t that type of album. I’m feeling it so far. Shit is dope. That may change next week but right now this shut got me vibing.

This here is Why I never appreciate albums when they come out. I get wrapped up on the hype and build em up in my mind. I usually listen to albums right when they come out, then give it a week and come back to it. Allows me to listen w/o the noise. Some albums just hit u the minute u hear them, others might take a second.

Make the music u like to listen to

People pleasing is a motherfucker. As an artist, I know what he means. Sometimes you want to give people what u think they want. For example, I have a tendency to get to rappidi-rap and feel the need to not do it, so that "more simple" ears can follow. But then I feel like I cheated myself out of really doing my best.

Jay Rock's album is better than this. I expected more from Nas and Ye, I expect nothing less than greatness from two Hip Hop legends. It's not trash but I can't say that I'm not a little disappointed. Hopefully it grows on me.

never heard anything Jrock but imma give it a go.. as far as the grows on me im not going to force my self to love it because everyone else does but if does cool

I just wished the album continued in the vain of the first two tracks..

Back