Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Nasir

Rate "Nasir"

• Total voters
So I got home like 40 min ago. See this on Spotify. Thought I was hallucinating. Add it to the que and start listening. First couple of songs? nothing.

Then that song Everything came on. Out of nowhere I was completely moved by the music. That was the moment I realized that Nas was back.

I don't even like The Dream but that song connected with me so deeply that I actually stepped back out for a bit to get some air. Hit some bud with the neighbor and his homies then loitered outside a local club a few blocks away talking and chiefing with some heads I know.

Now I came back home and I can't even listen to the rest of the album. I want to sleep on what I just heard almost an hour ago. I didn't realize how much I needed to listen to a song like that right now. Damn.

When Nas is on his shit he really reminds you why he always was the second best poet of his generation. Behind Pac.

I like the chick on Not For Radio...she fits the song concept.

On my second run through...chilling in bed, wake and bake on a Saturday morning. I ain’t mad anymore.

Slick Rick sample works too

And this White Label. This the second Wu Tang style beat Kanye gave us during this run. Needed a Method Man or even Rza feature.

QUOTE="grYmes, post: 475400, member: 1451"]Dunno if it still works but..

http://fs6.suprafiles.org:8080/d/v7...tfmesae25nas7lrmcdumt7/Nas - NASIR (2018).zip[/QUOTE]

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Been listening to this all night and this shit goes especially in today musical landscape....this one of the best projects of the yr......as a producer there s definitely beats and samples I would have worked differently.....but if u listen to it each beat is analogous to a beat Nas has rapped on over his career.....niggas need to stop forcing themselves to dislike it and just enjoy the shit....Glass is half full niggas

Been listening to this all night and this shit goes especially in today musical landscape....this one of the best projects of the yr......as a producer there s definitely beats and samples I would have worked differently.....but if u listen to it each beat is analogous to a beat Nas has rapped on over his career.....niggas need to stop forcing themselves to dislike it and just enjoy the shit....Glass is half full niggas

Niggas wanna hear jazz loops over 4 beat drum patterns with them 90s snares so bad

When the Ye album came out I didn’t immediately feel it because I came in w/ an expectation of what I wanted the album to sound like. When it didn’t sound like that I was disappointed instead of appreciating it for what it was. Once I really started listening to it I was like aight this shit is soulful. I think some people where expecting a more raw, boom bap style album that Nas would spazz out on lyrically like on some Nas Is Like type shit. This ain’t that type of album. I’m feeling it so far. Shit is dope. That may change next week but right now this shut got me vibing.

Back