Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Nasir

Rate "Nasir"

• Total voters
I would consider myself some what of a purist,but I also respect progression

I actually don't see this as a departure from what Nas usually does

It's fairly boom bap for the most part,updated a little with Kanye's taste for the dramatic.But it fits Nas' style IMO

And Nas talking that shit.Niggas ain't even get a chance to really break shit down

that 1st track is strong.

cuz niggas be intoxicated by the drum

The slick rick sample sounds bad to me, it doesn't flow well and is kinda annoying.
You wilding.

That shit
giphy.gif

Based on the stream I heard last night I like it. I think the beats suit NaS but traditional fans and purists may not because they want that old NaS sound especially since it's been a long time since the last album. Where I think it ranks amongst his past albums is another conversation.

I mean hey music is subjective so you like what you like. I knew after what 5 years (since LIG came out) that if NaS was gonna do an album he would go a different route either with concepts/themes or production. Kinda like Distant Relatives.

LIG really didn't have that traditional old Nas sound but it will be labeled a classic.

The production is not trash.I would gladly rap to every beat on this album.

Niggas overusing the word trash.

What makes the beats trash?

"im gonna leave u" is an experiment gon wrong, can't even bop your head to that shit.

3 of the other beats are nyquil status.

Idk why its so hard for Nas to give his fans what they want. Someone help me make sense of it. We been asking for a album produced by preme large pro and pete rock for 15 years. All them cats will drop everything to work with Nas and it will be an instant classic and drive Nas fans crazy. Fuck wrong with Nas?

"im gonna leave u" is an experiment gon wrong, can't even bop your head to that shit.

3 of the other beats are nyquil status.

IDK what you find wrong with that song?That beat is dope.The horns are dope.Sounds no different than some early Wu shit

I like the vocal sample.

After reading through the thread I decided to save a small roach for this once it drops by noon. Not a whole blunt.

Not for nothing.The crowd was going nuts for that one on the stream.

They was rocking extra hard on that.Pause.
I mean it's a slick rick song/sample. I'd expect everybody 5 secs in to be like oh shit. Just by the end of the song I was like yeah that could of been cleaned up better.

Back