Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - King's Disease

King's Disease:

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why's that weird
my expectations for a project on first listen are generally right for me

if i say an album is a 3 off the first listen, then that means, it can only go up from there. The album cant get worse imo after several listens. It will either improve or stay where I initially ranked it.

Yes...he said he did not regret Nasir....while that is 100% accurate....you got an album comin’ out...it’s tha week leading up to its roll out and an interviewer asks Nas a question about tha album and Nas answers like he just answered those questions....you gonna check for that album??

:huh2:

Hellllllll no u ain’t....that nigga said that shit sounded rushed and he wish he had more time wit’ Ye and he was gettin’ these looped snippets of beats to write to and then he proceed to name ONE FUCKIN’ track off tha album that he “liked” and he said he liked THA MUSIC of another track?!

:js4:That nigga lion!! He despises that fuckin’ album Lmaooooo
:shrug2:

Yes...he said he did not regret Nasir....while that is 100% accurate....you got an album comin’ out...it’s tha week leading up to its roll out and an interviewer asks Nas a question about tha album and Nas answers like he just answered those questions....you gonna check for that album??

:huh2:

Hellllllll no u ain’t....that nigga said that shit sounded rushed and he wish he had more time wit’ Ye and he was gettin’ these looped snippets of beats to write to and then he proceed to name ONE FUCKIN’ track off tha album that he “liked” and he said he liked THA MUSIC of another track?!

:js4:That nigga lion!! He despises that fuckin’ album Lmaooooo
He did say it was done in a week pretty sure he wasn't in on the mixing of the records because those hooks those repetitive hooks are trash

my expectations for a project on first listen are generally right for me

if i say an album is a 3 off the first listen, then that means, it can only go up from there. The album cant get worse imo after several listens. It will either improve or stay where I initially ranked it.

Do you base your score of the album on what your expectations were?

I tend to rate albums more highly the first time I hear them I dunno doesn't seem a weird thing to me at all.

I rate them high at first spin because of the artist.

but more and more you listen you could be like
:clawd3:
Or you catch shit and be like
:smh:

Perfect example for this album is that Foxy verse.'

I was like she killed it.

But after multiple spins I was like
:niggawhat:
I'll chalk Foxy's verse up to the new way they record records now without artist not being in the same room. Cormega said he didn't even know what the other's verse sounded like until the album came out. Maybe Foxy didn't have direction on what the song was about and she went straight to what she know

I liked her verse btw

Do you base your score of the album on what your expectations were?

I tend to rate albums more highly the first time I hear them I dunno doesn't seem a weird thing to me at all.
nah

if i did that, i would be more disappointed than i am satisfied

real example. I saw that chick Mulatto album just dropped. I think the same day as Nas...i wonder if she should've delayed her release b/c of his...but anyway

i told myself to just give it a listen. Be open and maybe I might find a diamond in the rough.

Well...i listened and it was a......terr.....awf.....hmmmm...it's not for me. It sounds like a carbon copy of Cardi's debut album but only worse. Now, I wont be giving this album several more spins to determine if the album is going to improve. It's not for me. So I'm not gonna listen to it again, only to rate it worse than my initial rating which was "not for me"

I'll chalk Foxy's verse up to the new way they record records now without artist not being in the same room. Cormega said he didn't even know what the other's verse sounded like until the album came out. Maybe Foxy didn't have direction on what the song was about and she went straight to what she know

I liked her verse btw
uhhh...im not buying this

ALL three of the dudes verses are damn near verbatim but told through different lenses of relationships with the opposite sex.

She came in sounding like one of those on the spot freestyles you give at the radio station lol

i still fuck with the verse tho

nah

if i did that, i would be more disappointed than i am satisfied

real example. I saw that chick Mulatto album just dropped. I think the same day as Nas...i wonder if she should've delayed her release b/c of his...but anyway

i told myself to just give it a listen. Be open and maybe I might find a diamond in the rough.

Well...i listened and it was a......terr.....awf.....hmmmm...it's not for me. It sounds like a carbon copy of Cardi's debut album but only worse. Now, I wont be giving this album several more spins to determine if the album is going to improve. It's not for me. So I'm not gonna listen to it again, only to rate it worse than my initial rating which was "not for me"

I don't think it's at all strange to change ones opinion on any piece of media after multiple interactions. Like at all.

Its more odd to me that you and others think its odd I might lower my score a lil. Of course though, to the Nas stans it must seem strange that he spits over beats that aren't trash and not everyone goes crazy but we don't all have the same compulsion to love everything Nas does

For the last time, it's a good album. His weaker albums all have at least one classic track ie Nas is Like, Last Words, Heaven, Still Dreaming but there isn't a song like that here. There also isn't a Zone Out or Big Girl so that's good.

Very digestible album, if not mind blowin'

7.5/10

Gotta find tha exact track that Nas touched on it on but it’s my exact thoughts about tha whole “Illuminati” talk....literally just cussed a nigga out at my job earlier this week about tha same fuckin’ thing...I hate when people act like black people need a magical boogie man or witch craft and a fuckin’ “sacrifice” to get wealth and fame....that’s a trash ass ideology to me

I mean...who tf pickin’ who gotta sacrifice who and shit?! Like why Jay “just gotta sacrifice his nephew” but Kanye gotta “get his mom outta here” and then Puff only gotta “get rid of a nigga” he only knew for like 5-6 years?!?! Or whoever or what tha fuck ever....Fuck outta here...

Anyway....again @Don Dada you should be proud bro...ya pops put out a really nice piece of work...

Foound it...

6876DD29-FD6F-485F-9921-65B01D41FFC4.jpeg
79B7A590-9FC8-4610-B756-D3F6B84672F4.jpeg
966692B0-89B1-4584-8D51-22EE799A1FAF.jpeg

Last edited:
sum of yall act like hoes when it comes to listenin to music

did you like the beat? did you like the raps over the beat?

that's it

but yall be on sum "I wanted it to sound like this & not that"

stfu & jus enjoy this shit

stop comparing art

you wouldn't look at a Picasso & say "but it's not a Van Gogh"

or a Basquiat & say "but it's not Rembrandt"

take it in for what it is, you either like it or not

stop lookin for reasons to be upset

jus to reiterate

STOP LOOKIN FOR REASONS TO BE UPSET

mf really in here talkin bout the song jammin but, it's not long enough.. points deducted!! lol

I mean, where'd the fans & supporters go? Nowadays everybody's a critic

what's your credentials?

what arts have you produced?

this shit plays like an old school record, where you'd put the needle on & let it ride, great sequencing

but you glass 1/2 empty mf is sumn else

Stop comparing art, let it stand on its own

jus to reiterate

mf really in here talkin bout the song jammin but, it's not long enough.. points deducted!! lol

what's your credentials?

this shit plays like an old school record, where you'd put the needle on & let it ride, great sequencing

I'm secure enough in my petty to deduct points b and i'll do it again

nonetheless this AOTY hands down

jus to reiterate

what's your credentials?

You don't wanna hear another verse on 27 Summers?

:cont:

Back