Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - King's Disease

King's Disease:

Results are only viewable after voting.
Blue benz is the standout track to me. I think its the hardest joint on there. Keep running it back

I've listened to this album front to back st least 6 times. Yeah, I'm giving it a 5 too. My expectations weren't that high because of Nasir. As in, it's going to be a good album but nothing that will shake the hip hop world. It did that.

Razor blade under the tongue. ??? beats that matched perfectly with the lyrics. What more can you ask for?

I've seen people say on this site that a bad song doesn't mean an album isn't a classic. What if all the songs are good? If can't be anything but a classic.

The features weren't bad enough for me to deduct points. He had to invite Foxy because it's a Firm track though she sounds like she's still on that Shyne shit. The other features fit the songs and didn't seem out of place.

The OGs and new jacks aren't just throwing Nas lip service. They are giving him and Hit Boy well deserved props. 2020 is a dark place.

Nas & Black Thought. 27 Summers later, who from that class can stand next to them?

1598321079603.png
See the source image

The one thing that I dont relate to on the album is too many bars about how they could help women. Big Sean on some he just trying to teach her and make her better, anderson paak on some i can solve all your problems, Nas on some hes a man its his job to help.

I like all those songs but i dont relate to that message.

Women aint kids. As a grown man I aint going into relationships trying to solve her problems, not trying to teach her to better her, and def dont feel like its my job to help just cause im a man.

At this point when I go into relationships we equal partners, learn together, grow together, help each other etc.

They making it sound like women are kids, and im at a point where there is no way im playing the role of a chicks man and her dad.

Overall mature ass album. Thats the only message i personally dont agree with
It reminds me of this song on the LT2 album:

Crazy that Nas let Hit Boy take control of this project

Seems like he super comfortable letting producers produce and that's dope af

Hit boy really shined as being able to curate a great project on his own

No he didn't

And I quote:
CTG: Do you regret Nasir?

Nas: No

Yes...he said he did not regret Nasir....while that is 100% accurate....you got an album comin’ out...it’s tha week leading up to its roll out and an interviewer asks Nas a question about tha album and Nas answers like he just answered those questions....you gonna check for that album??

:huh2:

Hellllllll no u ain’t....that nigga said that shit sounded rushed and he wish he had more time wit’ Ye and he was gettin’ these looped snippets of beats to write to and then he proceed to name ONE FUCKIN’ track off tha album that he “liked” and he said he liked THA MUSIC of another track?!

:js4:That nigga lion!! He despises that fuckin’ album Lmaooooo

Last edited:
Back