Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - King's Disease II

Vote

Results are only viewable after voting.
This the only time I'll ever compare Nas and Jay.

While I think Jay has also managed to keep it fresh during the same time frame, my only criticism is that it doesn't feel like Nas ever chased a sound. He stayed true to his own thing even when production was probably his largest knock against him.

Jay was euro Jay and some other shit that I just wasn't feeling and started taking a wait and see approach with his music instead of me checking for it with the exception of 4:44 which I think I enjoy more than most of you.

Anyway, wasn't trying to turn this into that kinda that but it was on my mind to share cause of how hard I've fucked with Nas last few projects more than Jays

This the only time I'll ever compare Nas and Jay.

While I think Jay has also managed to keep it fresh during the same time frame, my only criticism is that it doesn't feel like Nas ever chased a sound. He stayed true to his own thing even when production was probably his largest knock against him.

Jay was euro Jay and some other shit that I just wasn't feeling and started taking a wait and see approach with his music instead of me checking for it with the exception of 4:44 which I think I enjoy more than most of you.

Anyway, wasn't trying to turn this into that kinda that but it was on my mind to share cause of how hard I've fucked with Nas last few projects more than Jays

I love Jay.

Hes a goat.

But Jay after 2010 aint good to me.

A decent album? yes. Fire verses now and again? Sure.

But overall, i havent been into Jays music.

And its not Jays fault.

Writers run out of things to write about.

Nas is the anomaly.

I love Jay.

Hes a goat.

But Jay after 2010 aint good to me.

A decent album? yes. Fire verses now and again? Sure.

But overall, i havent been into Jays music.

And its not Jays fault.

Writers run out of things to write about.

Nas is the anomaly.
U wasn’t fucking w Estate planning Jay?

I dont care much about arranging Nas' top 5 albums.

I just think it needs to be mentioned how good Nas is.

Like dude is the goat and its not even close.

Nobody in hip hop has ever dropped such quality albums 30 years in.

Rappers fizzle out after their second album.

Its just how it is as a writer. You run out of things to write about.

Nas and Black Thought to me are the two people I can think of who are still writing 30 years into their careers still havent fell off.

Its not fair that Nas is talked about as one of the greatest rappers. Nas should really be in conversations about being one of the best poets in history.

Nas shouldnt be mentioned with Big, Jay, Pac and them. Nas should be mentioned with Poe, Shakespear and them.
Nas is a 🐐 but Poe Shakespeare shouldn't be used to validate Nas he stand on his own and they are not the measuring sticks

Back