Welcome To aBlackWeb

Nas & Future -Walk Through

Never uunderstood the Future hate, drops great street/club records and pretty much wrote alot of huge records for these A list artist. Def far from wack, just alot of middle aged people on here who just stuck in their ways.

niggas dont have to like Future just because you do lmao stop it 5

I ain't a purist, but dont push me

Last edited:
Future got Jay-Z, NaS, Beyonce, Kendrick, The Dungeon Family & more giving him cosigns & jumping on songs with him, Forbes lists but somehow Future "can't be a legend" LOLOLOLOL. I KNEW my post was gonna piss niggas off. Let it go purists he's here to stay.
50 cent just cosigned Tekashi 6'9

what does that mean to you?

I define purist as someone who absolutely under any circumstances, give any rapper a chance if they deviate from the boom bap or styles of the 90s. These purists are those who shit on the new era every chance they get, say Hip-Hop is dead, always always compare rappers of today to the 90s & denounce southern hip-hop. These types are typically old heads who just dont respect the youth or their tastes in music.
agreed

Hes not a purist & hes open minded. Hes supporting a kid from NY whodidnt even have a pot to piss in 3 months ago.
my point is, a cosign doesnt mean what it used to

oh ok...so Jay cosigned Future so that gives him some credibility?

So b/c he isnt on record cosigning Krit, does that take anything way from Krit?

I knew when I made my post ppl were gonna be up in arms LOL

I ALSO knew the thread title was gonna piss ppl off that NaS was doing a song with him. I'll never forget on the IC when Khaled released snippets of the Jay-Z/Future song niggas were crying & whining saying how Hov let them down & that rap was dead SMMFH LOOLOLOL.
i dont mind the song or the feature, BUT if its subpar, then there is nothing wrong with pointing it out

even if you think they are two of the best out putting music, and they drop a dud for a track, what's wrong with expressing that?

Goldie and I talked about this on the pod (ya'll might hear it one day) about Future, but you know what you getting from him at this point. You either like it a lot, you think its ok, or you think he's wack, and im pretty sure if you are the third tier, unless Jesus featured on the track, you gon think it sucks regardless

You're taking 2 things that have nothing to do with one another & trying to pertain them to one to overstate your personal opinion because you dont agree with the objectivity of another.

Look, Future is gonna go down as a legend because he's enormously successful, has classic songs, an extensive body of work, the accolades and cosigns to back it up. Did I also mention he's a descendant of the Dungeon Family ? He's been at this 10 years & counting with no signs of stopping. You guys will not giving him any credit just because of your personal tastes & what he represents (mumble rap). He's made his mark in the culture that much is undeniable. That shit is astonishing to me. He's not a favorite artist of mine but I'm not gonna deny his success & what he's done for the game. You dont have to like it but you will respeck it.

If Gucci Mane can be considered a legend there's no reason why Future cant just b/c yall cant stand him.
stop saying cosign lol

and i think people use the word legend too loosely anyways these days

im not overstating anything imo

im simply stating that just because a few artists with bigger followings cosign someone doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Jay-Z cosigned Freeway...

Puff cosigned [insert rapper]...

if they are as hot as you claim them to be, a cosign means nothing b/c their name and work will bring all of those accolades anyways

You purists Make me sick lmao

I never said that & you're taking it out of context.

Flip had a better run than a lot of niggas & sold a lot of records than a lot of niggas too. I didnt say he had a better run than those 3 tho.

https://allhiphop.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/9398644#Comment_9398644

"This is so fucking ignorant I don't know where to start. Niggas like you give Reason posters a bad name. Once again Lil Flip was platinum on his first 2 albums, Meek has never gone platinum.

Meek is like 3 albums in and struggled to go gold and prolly wouldn't have gone gold if not for Drake. In Flip's prime he was bigger than Cole, Kendrick and Drake. It just is what it is."

:df::huh:

Wale will eventually land a hit record & have his run - the talent is definitely there. I said Wale was supposed to be bigger than Drake and who'd a thought Drake would be where he's at versus Cudi, Sean, Wale & them. And by you acknowledging Drakes ahead subconsciously you think he's a legend.

https://allhiphop.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/8989280#Comment_8989280

"- Wale will finally have his run like Cole and Kendrick and niggas will try to ex Drake out of the conversation in place for Wale"

:smh:

T.I. helped break a lot of careers - Travis Scott, Meek Mill, Yo Gotti, Young Thug, Shad da god, London On The Track, Young Dolph, Rico Barrino, etc a lot of these rappers of which he gets zero credit for. Niggas didn't even want to give him credit for creating trap music smh

https://allhiphop.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/9767768#Comment_9767768

"Ayo and Tip broke careers - Drake,......Rihanna"

:dfbruh:

I ain't take shit outta context nigga. Like I said earlier..........

:shh: no more hip hop prognosticating for you.

in b4 sion

giphy.gif

50 cent just cosigned Tekashi 6'9

what does that mean to you?

I saw that vid on FB yesterday. TBH i think 50 just did the co sign because Game has been so vocal about Tekashi and Tekashi used it as a chance to troll game. Obviously game wasn't mentioned at all in the vid, but Tekashi and 50 both have problems with game. 50's being a lot more serious.

I saw that vid on FB yesterday. TBH i think 50 just did the co sign because Game has been so vocal about Tekashi and Tekashi used it as a chance to troll game. Obviously game wasn't mentioned at all in the vid, but Tekashi and 50 both have problems with game. 50's being a lot more serious.
That makes it worse

Raise your standards. This ain't field day where everybody that's "hot" is a legend.. most of these cats are akin to ball players with a nice crossover but cant ball foh...

Last edited:
Back