Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Alright so first movie was cool. Ill cut it some slack because its old but overall it was just cool

I hope they dont play up the amnesia angle in the future ones. Ill check it tomorrow

I and my missus have a Friday night routine of watching a flick:

So far there's been movies with predominantly black casts in them...

81Zi%2BlF4OPL._SY445_.jpg

B-movie action flick starring Jamie, Gabby Union and T. I...decent

images

This is on Netflix... delves into the prison industrial complex... I liked Jeff Wright playing father ... hood nigga who fails his family and becomes level headed in prison

Just_Mercy_Official_Poster.jpg

Good courtroom drama ... starring and produced by Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx. Based on a true story set in Alabama in the 80s of a wrongful conviction... it was astonishing to see Jim Crow practices still enacted in the deep south of America as recently as 30+ years ago

MV5BNjUwMTI4ODA0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTg2NTc5NTM@._V1_.jpg

Slow burn indie drama about a teenager who goes on a hunt with her younger sister to murder her father: he killed their mother ... I liked it

Jelani-QueenandSlim.jpg

Queen & Slim
.. a movie for the times... I was crushing on newcomer Jodie Turner-Smith
.. loved her aura and she was smarter than Kaluuya's character

Only to find out she's married to a white dude IRL... :yikes1:

..I was contemplating a tragic or blissful ending but it ended up inevitably tragic
.. Bokeem Woodbine is always a pleasure to watch... solid cameo

Good road movie too ...

I'm digging Amazon Prime now and their collection... Netflix been on the back burner for the time being

I'll drop more of what I've seen these past months this weekend...obviously being locked down/quarantined has got me up to speed with movies

I'm digging Amazon Prime now and their collection... Netflix been on the back burner for the time being

I'll drop more of what I've seen these past months this weekend...obviously being locked down/quarantined has got me up to speed with movies
I need to give prime some more attention frfr

Just finished Bourne Supremacy

As meh as the first one. I suppose he wouldn't have remembered his first mission and his real name. The rest was.....idk boring af

Damn shamed they killed his French ouwop. On to third one

So this nigga really has no recollection of the super soldier program

Got damn this is nuts

Just finished Bourne Supremacy

As meh as the first one. I suppose he wouldn't have remembered his first mission and his real name. The rest was.....idk boring af

Damn shamed they killed his French ouwop. On to third one
The second one didn't have a lot of action in it, too much talking

Back