Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

So I was watching the first matrix on Amazon last night while high

Movie took on a whole different meaning

I'ma make a thread about it. Gonna try to finish watching RELOADED tonight while high

Besides what it meant?
:hahaha:

Watched Creed and Creed 2 at work yesterday and today

Loved both movies

My favorite part of the first one was the camera movements in the first fight in the opening scene of the film. I was expecting that same level of camera work in the main fight but it wasnt there. Be that as it may, I thought the fight choreography was pretty top notch

i give it a 4/5

Creed 2

I thought this movie was predictable as far as the ending goes, but thats not a knock on it. I was more impressed with the scenes that lead up to it. This film humanized Adonis even more. And really made you feel for him as he dealt with the loss of not having a father present, him having his own family, and his daughter born partially deaf. Im not gonna say MBJ had an oscar level performance, but I was able to really resonate with him and the scenes with Tessa. Those to me were the really important parts of the film. While Coogler didnt direct it, i saw he is credited as a producer. I hope he had meaningful input on the film

I give this another 4/5

but i have a question for the boxing fans. @Duwop, @bdp (i think)...would this fight even happen irl? No way were these niggas in the same weight class right?

My problem with Creed 2 is we never saw him get to the top, that's what those Rocky movies were all about, Creed skipped over that

Pirates of Somalia - interesting real life tale about a Canadian freelance journalist who went deep into Somalia during the pirate/Western hostage crisis of the late noughties... The African landscape made me nostalgic... Al Pacino stars too... More like a cameo for him

Boomerang - first time watching this again since I was a teen... One of Eddie's underrated performances and the movie was unapologetically Black from the theme to production... Bomb soundtrack too... All them niggaz in their 50s - 60s now

Come Sunday - Netflix production starring Chiwetel Ejiofor playing a real life Pentecostal church bishop in the late 90s who gradually loses his congregation because of his off beat theology which was bold but didn't go with the status quo... Solid

The kirlia frequency..collection of 5 animated shorts 7-10 min duration..very good. Revolves around a town where creepy things happen often

ex machina was dope, but they could've made a better killing seen. That was the slowest stabbing i've ever seen in my life.

Saw that Alita: Battle Angel or whatever its called over the weekend. Honestly, i liked it more than i thought it would. Some of the characters were cheesy af and i hated some of the dialogue, but then i thought about it and realized thats exactly how an anime's dialogue is delivered. I cant really articulate what i mean by that, but maybe if you saw it you felt something similar.

Dialogue and several characters, cheesy af. The fighting and effects in the movie were dope af though.

Cold Pursuit is one of the worst films I've ever seen for 2019. Absolutely garbage. It's more of a dark comedy but it's terrible !!!

I was somewhere and a nigga asked if folks had seen it like it was a good ass movie.

Fam on God I wanted to get up and leave the theatre. It's funny in some parts but it's gaaaarbage every where else.

I believe you cause I don't think I liked the trailer if I'm remembering correctly.

Saw that Alita: Battle Angel or whatever its called over the weekend. Honestly, i liked it more than i thought it would. Some of the characters were cheesy af and i hated some of the dialogue, but then i thought about it and realized thats exactly how an anime's dialogue is delivered. I cant really articulate what i mean by that, but maybe if you saw it you felt something similar.

Dialogue and several characters, cheesy af. The fighting and effects in the movie were dope af though.

Had to explain that to my boy.

He was so upset with the scene where dude is walking up the pipe. But after watching the scene and how they did it in the anime you have to give them props for how spot on they were.

Dude even looks like the character. Cameron and Rodriguez were pretty faithful to the source material.

Watching "Train to Busan" on Netflix

If you like zombie flicks, then you might like this one

A Death Wish - 2.5/5

Had a spark but it was extremely cheesy in certain areas where you are supposed to be taking shit seriously

Spiderman into the spiderverse

Watched it at work last night. Shit hit all the marks for me. Really should have seen it in theaters but niggas wanted to see aquaman. Chirped hard this morning...

inCollage_20190306_165451928.jpg

Spiderman into the spiderverse

Watched it at work last night. Shit hit all the marks for me. Really should have seen it in theaters but niggas wanted to see aquaman. Chirped hard this morning...

View attachment 116930

Yeah I felt some typa way I didn't get to see Spiderman in the theater. Meant to take the nieces and nephews but couldn't get to it. That shit was on point tho when I finally caught it on CyberFlix.

Maybe I'll cop the BluRay to make up for it lol

Yeah unfortunately i didnt see Into the Spiderverse in theaters too. I havent heard a single bad thing about it though. I just thought it was going to be a movie aimed towards kids or something, but with all the good things I've heard I'll definitely be buying on Blu Ray

Back