Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

I don't know what you niggas looking for in ya classic tales of revenge movies, but I want the over the top shit

I also was high af when I watched it lol

Some of those scenes, I couldn't even make the stink face. In my mind, I jumped, but my body never moved lol

What's the fun in niggas dying after being shot once and stabbed in the eye.

Everything from the violence to the flashbacks to the reveal at the end. This checked the boxes for me

It's better than Aquaman, that's for sure

Yea Polar was ass. But I'm watching Ex Machina and this shit's crazy. How come yall didn't tell me how dope it was?

The wife and I recently committed to watching every Nicholas Cage movie. We’re about 10 deep and this one is really just... I’m not even sure what to say...
A6562994-6AA8-4D5A-8730-95C9C942CA99.jpeg

I watched "Abducted in plain sight" a documentary on Netflix. If you really really want to shake your head at white people, watch that shit. Some of the most astonishing shit ive seen in awhile. Cant believe those fucking parents or the girl.

Good movie IMO
71AVcSw%2BpTL._SY445_.jpg

Trailer

Watched Velvet Buzzsaw the new Jake Gylynnhaal movie on netflix. I know im fucking that name up, but fuck him.

Movie was ok. Wasnt nearly as good as the directors previous film "Nightcrawler" but it was entertaining enough that i finished it. I hate that artsy fartsy world/lifestyle. So annoying to me. Jake plays a homo popular art critic who gets involved with someone who stumbled upon a dead mans art and took it against his wishes and sold it. Everyone involved in profiting off of dudes art starts to die in mysterious ways. I'd give it a 6/10.

Also watched that Sam Cooke Remastered doc on Netflix. That shit i liked a lot. Got me wanting to build a Sam Cooke playlist and bump it all day, but i never knew the circumstances surrounding his death. Does seem a bit fishy.

Watched Creed and Creed 2 at work yesterday and today

Loved both movies

My favorite part of the first one was the camera movements in the first fight in the opening scene of the film. I was expecting that same level of camera work in the main fight but it wasnt there. Be that as it may, I thought the fight choreography was pretty top notch

i give it a 4/5

Creed 2

I thought this movie was predictable as far as the ending goes, but thats not a knock on it. I was more impressed with the scenes that lead up to it. This film humanized Adonis even more. And really made you feel for him as he dealt with the loss of not having a father present, him having his own family, and his daughter born partially deaf. Im not gonna say MBJ had an oscar level performance, but I was able to really resonate with him and the scenes with Tessa. Those to me were the really important parts of the film. While Coogler didnt direct it, i saw he is credited as a producer. I hope he had meaningful input on the film

I give this another 4/5

but i have a question for the boxing fans. @Duwop, @bdp (i think)...would this fight even happen irl? No way were these niggas in the same weight class right?

Haven't seen 2 yet, but boxing movies give 0 fucks about weight.

The only movie to accurately depict the importance of weight classes is vision quest ... Which is also one of the greatest sports movies of all time

Jus watched Not another teen movie yesterday. LOL the early 2000's were a trip. That shit wouldnt fly today. Silly, but funny imo.

Haven't seen 2 yet, but boxing movies give 0 fucks about weight.

The only movie to accurately depict the importance of weight classes is vision quest ... Which is also one of the greatest sports movies of all time
Well in the first one they did

So I was watching the first matrix on Amazon last night while high

Movie took on a whole different meaning

I'ma make a thread about it. Gonna try to finish watching RELOADED tonight while high

Back