Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

i was listenting to the BI podcast last night and this morning and i wish CTG would've bought this up in the BC interview with Monique but i see how he operates and nothing would've came out of it there....this information exposed the fuck outta Monique.....she simply took the wrong route tryin to get paid

i was listenting to the BI podcast last night and this morning and i wish CTG would've bought this up in the BC interview with Monique but i see how he operates and nothing would've came out of it there....this information exposed the fuck outta Monique.....she simply took the wrong route tryin to get paid

You ain't lying. They nailed this shit.

Guess what though, the idiots backing Monique won't hear it. You can't really fight stupidity.

"It's show business, 10% show, 90% business" - TK :wdf2:

Homie always drops gems

is Monique getting on video goin at these heavy hitters too?.....cuz Corey and TK would most definitely light her big ass up lmao

I feel where Mo is coming from 100%. I think 90% of the people posting here agree with her stance that black and brown people and especially females are being under paid and underrepresented in most things.

Where the disconnect comes in for some (including myself and it seems @Race Jones )is the surprising way her own people have attacked her over this issue and sided with the people who are doing this. I get that many might think she isn’t worth as much as Chris Rock or Dave but the way people are attacking her over this very real issue is kind of perplexing and sad. I mean you have black people actually defending this shit very hard. Actually stating facts and shit to defend a company that hasn’t even taken the time to defend itself. Lmao.

I mean look on Netflix now and see how many female comedians stand ups they have on there. Now tell me how many females of color have specials. Out of all the females out here putting in work that are funny there is barely any stand up specials of their work. Even SNL tried to pull that shit a few years ago until they got flack for lack of diversity.

I feel where Mo is coming from 100%. I think 90% of the people posting here agree with her stance that black and brown people and especially females are being under paid and underrepresented in most things.

Where the disconnect comes in for some (including myself and it seems @Race Jones )is the surprising way her own people have attacked her over this issue and sided with the people who are doing this. I get that many might think she isn’t worth as much as Chris Rock or Dave but the way people are attacking her over this very real issue is kind of perplexing and sad. I mean you have black people actually defending this shit very hard. Actually stating facts and shit to defend a company that hasn’t even taken the time to defend itself. Lmao.

I mean look on Netflix now and see how many female comedians stand ups they have on there. Now tell me how many females of color have specials. Out of all the females out here putting in work that are funny there is barely any stand up specials of their work. Even SNL tried to pull that shit a few years ago until they got flack for lack of diversity.

In this instance, the numbers speak for themselves. If you wanna know why things are the way they are, then look at the numbers. They are objective, without bias, and informational.

She attacked her own comedic brothers and tried to use real life black struggles and traumatic events for her own personal gain.

We always talk about we need our own but she wants the hand out.

Since she states she make all this money every year she could just produced her own shit instead of talking about what other black comedians got as far as money.

We need to not support those who use black struggle for personal gain. That mean she would throw us under the bus for gain just like she basically doing now.

Everybody she has some negative shit to say about was what color? Black

In this instance, the numbers speak for themselves. If you wanna know why things are the way they are, then look at the numbers. They are objective, without bias, and informational.

Brother..

I’m not trying to refute the fact that she hadn’t did a big stand up show in a long time or that the comedians that did get the big money had massive tours and clout before hand.

I’m pointing out the fact and stats as some would call it that their is a small number of females and especially minority females getting any shows on Netflix. Or the facts that so many black people are attacking this lady over her pointing that out. I mean it’s been a crazy amount of black comedians and media outlets roasting her over this.

I get that she shouldn’t expect to make as much as people who are hugely more popular than her with a crossover audience but why is so many of her own attacking her over this subject? It’s crazy man. I mean black media is doing Netflix and Hollywood’s dirty work for them.

I can’t get that.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! you hit it on the head

Brother..

I’m not trying to refute the fact that she hadn’t did a big stand up show in a long time or that the comedians that did get the big money had massive tours and clout before hand.

I’m pointing out the fact and stats as some would call it that their is a small number of females and especially minority females getting any shows on Netflix. Or the facts that so many black people are attacking this lady over her pointing that out. I mean it’s been a crazy amount of black comedians and media outlets roasting her over this.

I get that she shouldn’t expect to make as much as people who are hugely more popular than her with a crossover audience but why is so many of her own attacking her over this subject? It’s crazy man. I mean black media is doing Netflix and Hollywood’s dirty work for them.

I can’t get that.
nobody was mad she pointed that out

my issue is when she pointed that out to suggest she was treated unfairly

Where the disconnect comes in for some is the surprising way her own people have attacked her over this issue and sided with the people who are doing this. I get that many might think she isn’t worth as much as Chris Rock or Dave but the way people are attacking her over this very real issue is kind of perplexing and sad. I mean you have black people actually defending this shit very hard. Actually stating facts and shit to defend a company that hasn’t even taken the time to defend itself. Lmao.

She's attacked her own people. You think Oprah, Lee Daniels, and Tyler Perry were the only people who said they won't work w/ her? But they damn sure were the only people she called out. I didn't even know her and Will Packer had problems til SHE put him out there.

Actually stating facts and shit to defend a company that hasn’t even taken the time to defend itself. Lmao.

When the fuck did stating facts become the wrong thing?

Brother..

I can’t get that.

From my perspective, Monique is being disingenuous in her using gender/racial bias as a platform for which she has a problem with NF. Other people have sensed that as well and it is largely the reason she's endured such a strong backlash.

It's ignorant, selfish, and it does a disservice to the black women that have legitimate claims on gender and racial bias in Hollwood.

At this point, I realize people see it the other way, so I'm not tryna change opinions. It is what it is.

She attacked her own comedic brothers and tried to use real life black struggles and traumatic events for her own personal gain.

We always talk about we need our own but she wants the hand out.

Since she states she make all this money every year she could just produced her own shit instead of talking about what other black comedians got as far as money.

We need to not support those who use black struggle for personal gain. That mean she would throw us under the bus for gain just like she basically doing now.

Everybody she has some negative shit to say about was what color? Black

I agree that they should’ve put up a counter arrangement. I agree that once they put up the counter if it wasn’t to Mo’s liking that they should do their own special. I agree 100% with that thinking.

This is where I disagree though. How is what she stated not real issues with black people or females in general? Equal pay and equal rights is an issue period worldwide. I mean we can all agree on that I’m sure, correct? How many females or females of color even have Netflix specials? How many people of color get chances to direct, or get their screen plays even read by execs?

How many minority directors, writers or producers can you name off the top of your head without google? Lmao.Shit I seen a Sway interview yesterday with Ava Duvarne and she said the same things. She pretty much said that just because it’s one or two that’s getting a little shine it’s still a lot of work to be done and there is plenty more grinding

I agree that they should’ve put up a counter arrangement. I agree that once they put up the counter if it wasn’t to Mo’s liking that they should do their own special. I agree 100% with that thinking.

This is where I disagree though. How is what she stated not real issues with black people or females in general? Equal pay and equal rights is an issue period worldwide. I mean we can all agree on that I’m sure, correct? How many females or females of color even have Netflix specials? How many people of color get chances to direct, or get their screen plays even read by execs? How many minority directors, writers or producers can you. And off the top of your head without google? Lmao.

fam, all of those are legit issues and concerns which everyone has acknowledged.

But this is more about her not getting what she felt she should've.

You dont get what you deserve, you get what you have the ability to negotiate"

This is where I disagree though. How is what she stated not real issues with black people or females in general? Equal pay and equal rights is an issue period worldwide. I mean we can all agree on that I’m sure, correct? How many females or females of color even have Netflix specials? How many people of color get chances to direct, or get their screen plays even read by execs? How many minority directors, writers or producers can you. And off the top of your head without google? Lmao.

No one said that it wasn't an issue in general. But that's the keyword in general.

Monique not getting a few mil from Netflix has nothing to do with Racial and /or Gender bias. It has everything to do with Monique not having any buzz on the stand up comedy scene now.

Back