Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monday Night Raw (9/23)

The 1st title holder of the new belt will have to be a pure babyface to give that contrast to Roman. I think it'll either be Seth or Lashley

They need to provide clarity on the hierarchy of the two heavyweight belts after the draft. This new belt seems like it's the 2nd place belt. Might as well make it a TV championship since it'll be defended every week

It also seemed like Trips was shitting on Roman for not defending the title every month so I'm curious on how they can explain them not making Roman defend the belt (kayfabe)

Wait is it really to be defended every week?! I didnt catch that

as far as hierarchy goes it only makes since that this one comes after Romans but to keep it from feeling too much like a consolation prize they need to have somebody whos already had a world title reign to hold it first.

Damn, just imagine if AJ and Orton weren't on the shelf and could be in contention for this shit.

Hell, I'd even throw Edge into the mix (Not to win it all) but to make this title feel like a big deal with somebody like him gunning for it.

you gotta make that shit feel like a top prize

I wouldn’t say every week but he def implied it would be defended on a the weekly show..remember Jericho/Triple H for the Undisputed? I mean, we can do this every now and again on regular tv and it actually have meaning.

I wouldn’t say every week but he def implied it would be defended on a the weekly show..remember Jericho/Triple H for the Undisputed? I mean, we can do this every now and again on regular tv and it actually have meaning.

yea, every once in a while makes sense

weekly would just make it a feel like a tv title like @RodyRod said tho so hopefully its not that

Jinders reign also happened at a time when Smackdown was just ass and him winning it didn't make things no better.

This was before it actually became better than RAW i believe

WWE is going backwards with this shit. Bringing back that title doesn’t change the fact that in everyone’s eyes Roman is the World Champion. Why would anyone take this seriously? I still think the brand split needs to just die.

WWE is going backwards with this shit. Bringing back that title doesn’t change the fact that in everyone’s eyes Roman is the World Champion. Why would anyone take this seriously? I still think the brand split needs to just die.

People will take it seriously if they put it on somebody who can make it mean something through their performances (Ex: Rollins, Lashley, Balor, etc..) thats all it take. Putting it on somebody whos new to that title but white hot like Cody would work too because people are invested in what hes doing BUT I still think he should continue chasing Reigns

People will take it seriously if they put it on somebody who can make it mean something through their performances (Ex: Rollins, Lashley, Balor, etc..) thats all it take. Putting it on somebody whos new to that title but white hot like Cody would work too because people are invested in what hes doing BUT I still think he should continue chasing Reigns

In all honesty everyone is new to that title who’s active with two big exceptions… Rey Mysterio & (if he’s healthy again) Randy Orton. I’m not opposed to seeing one of them be the first champion given the history. Fuck, maybe even Edge

Why is going with a safe choice a bad thing? As a matter of fact doing anything other than that seems ass backwards to me now that i think about it. If you got a new title why would you not want to put it on somebody who is already established and that you know will give you good matches and promos in order to get the title over BEFORE putting it onto somebody new.

A guy like Rollins holding it first would instantly make it feel important.

Change...things...up.

Rollins can have the title at any point down the line. So there's no rush to crown him now. I rather put it on someone new that the same ole.

Mainly b/c this new HHH Era has a fresh feel to it. A new resurgence. I understand the whole Booking 101, but meh. You have a chance to change things up. They're pretty much starting with a blank slate. Why not start it someone new?

Change...things...up.

Rollins can have the title at any point down the line. So there's no rush to crown him now. I rather put it on someone new that the same ole.

Mainly b/c this new HHH Era has a fresh feel to it. A new resurgence. I understand the whole Booking 101, but meh. You have a chance to change things up. They're pretty much starting with a blank slate. Why not start it someone new?

If only Gable Stevenson wasnt a bust. Had he debut when he was supposed to and was good, now would of been around the time to strap him up but outside his heart issue it kept getting reported he wasnt performing in training like they thought he would.

I still think Balor should be the guy, give JD the level up. Both the head honchos of that group rocking the World men and womens title would take them to the next level. I wouldnt have Balor take any more Ls from here til then.

This is why in the mid-late 2000s I ALWAYS viewed the WWE Champion as the highest tier champ and the big gold belt champion on Smackdown as the 2nd tier champion. Smackdown put on better shows at the time no doubt but the real champ was on RAW with the WWE title.

This is why in the mid-late 2000s I ALWAYS viewed the WWE Champion as the highest tier champ and the big gold belt champion on Smackdown as the 2nd tier champion. Smackdown put on better shows at the time no doubt but the real champ was on RAW with the WWE title.

There was a time when the World Heavyweight Title & the WWE Title to me was damn near equal and that was during 2002-2004. Once Cena won in ‘05 and shit felt centered around him the WWE title was clearly the top choice.

There was a time when the World Heavyweight Title & the WWE Title to me was damn near equal and that was during 2002-2004. Once Cena won in ‘05 and shit felt centered around him the WWE title was clearly the top choice.
Cena only going after the WWE Championship is what made it clear.

Cena only going after the WWE Championship is what made it clear.

And of course it being a spinner belt helped. I remember when cena returned in late 2008 and was facing Y2J for the WHC at survivor series and I read a report that WWE was trying to make a spinner version of the big gold belt. Scust

Waa listening to part of Tuesday episode of Busted Open. They made a hilarious good point.

They pretty much said Roman's reign as champion is so great, and has defeated everyone they threw at him...that they had to create a secondary belt.

So I can see how some folks are lookin at that belt as a "consolation" title.

Waa listening to part of Tuesday episode of Busted Open. They made a hilarious good point.

They pretty much said Roman's reign as champion is so great, and has defeated everyone they threw at him...that they had to create a secondary belt.

So I can see how some folks are lookin at that belt as a "consolation" title.
I mean thats pretty much what Hunter said and alluded to...

they honestly should of kept that til Summer Slam then introduced the WHC so it could be looked at as its equal when Roman loses but it is what it is.

If only Gable Stevenson wasnt a bust. Had he debut when he was supposed to and was good, now would of been around the time to strap him up but outside his heart issue it kept getting reported he wasnt performing in training like they thought he would.

I still think Balor should be the guy, give JD the level up. Both the head honchos of that group rocking the World men and womens title would take them to the next level. I wouldnt have Balor take any more Ls from here til then.

I wouldnt be mad at them putting it on Balor at all

like i said him, Rollins and Lashley are my 3 picks. And SHOULD Cody end up being separated from Reigns then you can throw him in the mix.

He'd actually be a fresh face to the WH title picture and hes actually got years of experience under his belt. Not to mention hes white hot right now as a babyface.

Back