Welcome To aBlackWeb

Gonna stand by my opinion and they say that all EVEN numbered Mission Impossible films are the best. 2, Ghost Protocol and Fallout

I know people shit on 2 but that was literally Tom Cruise's 1st big action movie with guns blazing, crazy stunts and hand to hand combat.

plus Mission Impossible 2 is the reason why Hugh Jackman got the Wolverine role (look it up)

I watched mission impossible 1 yesterday and that made me recognize the callbacks they made in dead reckoning

I haven’t seen that movie in a really long time so I didn’t catch it

That was a fun film. Good chemistry between Cruise and Atwell (she does something for me). Lol fitting that AI would be the enemy here especially during times like this when AI is such controversial topic in Hollywood. I appreciate that Cruise wants to create a theater experience every time hes on film. A nice score that helps the action scenes throughout

The antagonists are cool but what's their true motivations? Paris was just a henchman (or henchwoman)
Yeah she felt shoehorned into the movie

If she was a rogue 3rd party it would’ve made more sense and her character would’ve been better imo

the decisions with her character after the car chase (that went on a bit too long I might add) I didn’t really like

A bit too much exposition in the movie for me and the conversation that took place in the night club was both cool but at that same time, at that point I was tired of hearing about the keys and the entity since they already drove the point home by that point.

But as I said I’ll give it a pass since it’s part 1 out of 2 parts

Movie needed more of what they gave in the beginning in the desert

After that scene you get airport chase, car chase, nightclub talk, racing to save a girl while fighting in an alley, and then a great stunt onto a train, a bit of combat, and then escaping a train wreck

By the train part I really didn’t need to see the two special forces guys chasing Ethan anymore as they proved to be useless imo

Chase and exposition dominated the movie

If they kept the entity/key talk to the part where Ethan infiltrated the briefing in the beginning that would’ve been enough for me.

I felt like they needed a better Macguffin or Atleast made the keys a bit more inaccessible

Like having the first movie be about getting one key

Also with how the movie ended, I feel like in the 2nd one they can get to that sub within the first hour lol

but I enjoyed it a lot. Just didn’t stay with me as much as I hoped

That's how I kinda felt about John Wick 4 lol. Some scenes just went on way too long
Lol yeah that movie was just giving itself fallatio

When John was fighting in Japan for like 6 mins straight and when they were in Paris at the roundabout I was like wow this is TOO much action to the point where I was like enough!!

The car chase in this only went too long because it was just like okay Paris is chasing them, Paris is chasing them but can’t catch up, Paris is chasing them but can’t catch up…they didn’t really diversify the chase enough.

Like shoot a gun atleast to break up the monotony

Also also I need them to get someone along side Ethan again like they did with renner and Cavill

Luther talking in front of a laptop and benji doing busywork not doing it for me lol

This movie might end up making less than Indy opening's first 5 days and they both cost nearly the same amount of money.

Surprising but whereas folks were laughing at Lucasfilm over Indy the same folks are caping for M:I7

"In the wake of the older skewing, very expensive Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny stumbling at the box office with an $83.8M Friday-Tuesday domestic start, sources have called upon me to evaluate a similarly priced older dude franchise sequel at around $300M, this weekend’s Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One by the same measuring stick, particularly given the pic’s U.S./Canada 5-day of $78M — which is well below the $90M tracking and Paramount we’re hoping for."

This movie might end up making less than Indy opening's first 5 days and they both cost nearly the same amount of money.

Surprising but whereas folks were laughing at Lucasfilm over Indy the same folks are caping for M:I7

"In the wake of the older skewing, very expensive Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny stumbling at the box office with an $83.8M Friday-Tuesday domestic start, sources have called upon me to evaluate a similarly priced older dude franchise sequel at around $300M, this weekend’s Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One by the same measuring stick, particularly given the pic’s U.S./Canada 5-day of $78M — which is well below the $90M tracking and Paramount we’re hoping for."

Apparently that film about human trafficking is impacting it

Back