Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie was great, not as good as Fallout, no IMAX sequences and 15-20 minutes too long. I took a piss break at the 2hr 05 min mark

Still enjoyable and so far movie of the year. Worth watching in theaters

Everyone is basically after God's Eye in the movie

The intro is great with some nice twists

A lot of Metal Gear Solid 4 and 5 influences and also Uncharted 2

Speaking of, the train derailment sequence was crazy. Good mix of practical and CGI..glad I skipped the official trailer

The flashback sequences aren't fully explained. You get the gist sort of but not completely

Some characters die, won't spoil but it might be obvious if you watched the trailers

Damn this shit any good? The last film I saw was MI3 I haven’t seen the last 3 prior to the one this one that just came out

Mission Accomplished

PRAISE: Tom Cruise and Co's mission was to bring some thrills to the Summer and they do and then some. Aside from his mother Margaret ,Uncle Donald and his ex wife he doesn't really have any family.
His IMF team are his family and friends. With those familial ties come connections to others and the problems they have so of course Ethan is going to help them and protect them any way he can.
I think it was wise to use this in the movie because it grounds it and gives it emotional weight. This plays out in some great scenes with several other characters. All of the actors do a great job with the inclusion of Haley Attwell as a complication filling but lovely lady.C Chief villain Gabriel (Esai Morales), and his henchwoman, Paris (Pom Klementieff)and the relentless pursuer agent Jasper Briggs (Shea Whigham)
Every character means something either as thorns in the side or allies.
Director Christopher McQuarrie and Cruise wanted audiences to be immersed in and feel like they are part of the action sequences and fight scenes and its brilliantly done in some catch your breath if you can manner.
Portions of the film reminded me of some of my favorite movies and TV shows like Sneakers and Rabbit Hole.
The movie even amusingly pokes fun at itself in a couple of scenes.
For the last 3 MI movies I've said Ethan Hunt is America's James Bond and a couple of threads in this movie make it a fact.
The movie definitely left me with questions that I hope part 2 provides.

PROBLEMS: Things get a bit jumbled here and there.There are a couple of far too precise and convenient moments. I did start to feel the length of the movie at times.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8½

Cruise spoke about his admiration of Harrison Ford last week and how he hopes to play Ethan Hunt until he's 80 . I think he can probably pull it off.

Just saw it

Honestly it didn’t WOW me but it’s difficult to judge since it’s part 1 out of 2 movies

Thought fallout and Rogue nation were better

I’d give it a 8/10 which is fine but as someone who saw this in IMAX and never saw a mission impossible movie in theaters and expected to be blown away, I wasnt

good movie without all those expectations attached though. Movie needed more gun battles lol

Felt like 70% of the movie was talking about the villain (which after watching I’m still not fully sold on that being the villain) and this whole cat and mouse chase

But still, a good watch

Tom cruise the man

Last edited:
Back