Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michael B Jordan accused of cultural appropriation

I have no idea what J'ouvert means within Trini culture, what MJB's Trini connection may or may not be, etc, so it's hard for me to have an opinion on this one.

It's also come to my attention that a lot of people have no idea what 'cultural appropriation' actually is.

I’ll take you an your peeps to the one home in Trinidad. Best experience you will have.

I’ll take you an your peeps to the one home in Trinidad. Best experience you will have.
hes not lying

ladies half dress on the tube....rum punch flowing like water.....like a million black people within a 1 square mile radius and no one got shot.
i still got the sneakers somewhere that still got the orange dye on them.

and the food?

:mybad:

only thing that could touch this was essence 25th

i posted up pics a while ago here.

what does that word mean?

I have no idea what this is about to have an opinion.

yes I typed this instead of googling it.
i think it means dawn...but i could be wrong.

i was told its a celebration of the slaves.

I doubt his intent was insidious, but if it's a problem he can hire some ppl from the Caribbean or change the name if that's an option.

I don't think black ppl in America would really care if some Caribbean person had a product referencing Juneteenth or our history.

Number 1 Americans don't really GAF about what ppl do outside of America and we would never even know.

Some niggas could have been selling Civil rights cakes in Haiti for all I know.

So you just missed this part of the article
"According to Shakur, Herc is a founding father of Hip-Hop, but he has been misrepresenting his role in the founding of Hip Hop on various news outlets."

They acknowledge him as a founding father. What they're disputing is how big of a role what many have deemed the initial start of hip hop being a series of block parties played. So your own source disagrees with you

Back