Mental health check

What do y’all think of this idea?

i think thats a great idea

my barber just told a story recently about how a dude came in there and was asking him specific questions about women and relations and shit....but dude is grown like in his 20's.....get deeper into the convo and dude broke down and told him he was a virgin and never been able to talk to nobody or get any help in that area

i know thats a wild ass example but it goes to show that not only are people hiding and pushing through a lot of shit, but that there's an obvious connect and comfort with barbers that even allowed that convo to take place

i think thats a great idea

my barber just told a story recently about how a dude came in there and was asking him specific questions about women and relations and shit....but dude is grown like in his 20's.....get deeper into the convo and dude broke down and told him he was a virgin and never been able to talk to nobody or get any help in that area

i know thats a wild ass example but it goes to show that not only are people hiding and pushing through a lot of shit, but that there's an obvious connect and comfort with barbers that even allowed that convo to take place

Shit would have tons of benefits especially in reducing the stigma

Im lucky enough to be mentally healthy. I dont have any of the issues listed.

Mental health is a mfer man. I lost 2 close people to me recently due to mental health.

I also have people in my family that have anxiety, which has led to addiction issues. Anxiety is fucked up man.

People need to stop thinking smoking weed is the answer to their mental health issues. Weed can be super beneficial but it shouldnt be the answer. It should be used to help deal with various illnesses on that list but not the solution.

Reactions: Chicity
Same man lol. I think I have depression but I know exactly what's behind it and what I can do to make it better. I just dont want to for whatever tf reason. Which therapy can help with but ehhhh.

Hope you been working on this

Last edited:
Parent/Family Issues and anger issues (connected honestly)

Since I got married and we had our son, I've definitely worked (and will continue to work) on my anger issues. I'm breaking the cycle with my son. 7 years ago things were extremely strained with my parents.

I'm glad to say things have been mended with them and a lot of respect have been shown our way. My dad and I are closer now and my mom smiles a lot brighter when she sees us.

Therapy works.

Peace.

Last edited:
  • Goat
Reactions: Pachá12 and Rubato
Negative lol....

Wanted to try some therapy this year. Found the place and person I wanted to go to and everything but that damn rona....

Damn that covid is a mfer.

Just try to not lose that want though so you can try therapy after the vaccine and shit.

• Love
Reactions: shutupGabi
I have a good number them on the list. See a therapist and take a couple meds, sometimes it works, sometimes meh. Old habits die hard. My therapist, put me on to the book King Warrior Magician Lover, about the male psyche. I always knew the odda were stacked, but I didn't how much more they were stack against me with my Dad incarcerated for most of my life before adulthood. I recommend it if you come from a similar background.

Therapy works. Even if it's to just hit reset for a week. If I don't go, it shows.

• Goat
Reactions: Rubato and Chicity
Tomorrow will be the 1 year anniversary of the night I basically hit the wall. Everyone in the family is on edge and I've been having panic attacks off and on. I have an appointment for next week to see my therapist 'cause this shit is making it hard to even think straight.

Thought I had this shit under control.

Tomorrow will be the 1 year anniversary of the night I basically hit the wall. Everyone in the family is on edge and I've been having panic attacks off and on. I have an appointment for next week to see my therapist 'cause this shit is making it hard to even think straight.

Thought I had this shit under control.

You got this. One step at a time

i was away when this thread was made but its great to see the conversation start.

im glad people are getting help and thinking about getting help.
we all have things we can work on and it was also a good idea to look at what we cause to others.

damn good thread.