Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion fails to listen to industry rule number 4,080

So no rapper has complained about this before in this context?

Probably so.

However, if the circumstances were the same as Meg's..........then the same thing applies to them as well.

Can't have it both ways.

Meaning, it can't be all good when you're reaping all the benefits..........but cry foul when it's time for the person who made it possible to reap the benefits of their investment in you.

Probably so.

However, if the circumstances were the same as Meg's..........then the same thing applies to them as well.

Can't have it both ways.

Meaning, it can't be all good when you're reaping all the benefits..........but cry foul when it's time for the person who made it possible to reap the benefits of their investment in you.

You can feel like you should negotiate for more. Thats business.

You can feel like you should negotiate for more. Thats business.

True.

Honoring your contract is a part of business as well.

She can "feel" like she should negotiate all she wants, but Prince is under no obligation to change the terms simply because they now favor him more than they favor her.

Gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

She probably thought she was getting over when they were spending all that money on her.

Now that it's time for them to recoup their investment, she's trying to play the victim.

Nah, doesn't work like that.

Prince doesn't owe her a damn thing.

She actually owes him more than anything.

Figuratively and literally.

True.

Honoring your contract is a part of business as well.

She can "feel" like she should negotiate all she wants, but Prince is under no obligation to change the terms simply because they now favor him more than they favor her.

Gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

She probably thought she was getting over when they were spending all that money on her.

Now that it's time for them to recoup their investment, she's trying to play the victim.

Nah, doesn't work like that.

Prince doesn't owe her a damn thing.

She actually owes him more than anything.

Figuratively and literally.

Once you out perform it, its time to get to the table and work out a new deal.

Shes 1501 flagship artist and she helped them to be even known. Its time to make sure the company can still be a good spot for artist to sign to and your biggest act to show that 1501 will do right.

They gotta think beyond just Meg. 1501 aint a big label so they gotta move a lil different for right now

Once you out perform it, its time to get to the table and work out a new deal.

Shes 1501 flagship artist and she helped them to be even known. Its time to make sure the company can still be a good spot for artist to sign to and your biggest act to show that 1501 will do right.

They gotta think beyond just Meg. 1501 aint a big label so they gotta move a lil different for right now

Makes sense.

It also makes sense that 1501 needs to recoup........and profit from........all the money they invested in her.

If both parties can work out a new deal that's mutually beneficial........no problem.

Otherwise, Meg's gonna have to eat that contract.

She doesn't have any leverage at all.

I mean, she can stop performing to prevent 1501 from getting money off of her, but that would hurt her more than it would them because.....well.........she wouldn't be getting any money either.

Plus, they could sue her for breach of contract and she'd be in an even worse situation.

Prince has the money to wait her out though.

Unfortunately, she doesn't have that luxury.

She can't afford to place her career on hold.

Otherwise, she risks losing the buzz she has right now.

Makes sense.

It also makes sense that 1501 needs to recoup........and profit from........all the money they invested in her.

If both parties can work out a new deal that's mutually beneficial........no problem.

Otherwise, Meg's gonna have to eat that contract.

She doesn't have any leverage at all.

I mean, she can stop performing to prevent 1501 from getting money off of her, but that would hurt her more than it would them because.....well.........she wouldn't be getting any money either.

Plus, they could sue her for breach of contract and she'd be in an even worse situation.

Prince has the money to wait her out though.

She can't afford to place her career on hold.

Otherwise, she risks losing the buzz she has right now.

We dont know how much they invested.

But they already get all the money basically and will for a while.

Sounds like she gone have to come off some money either way...if she owe 1501 she gotta pay that and if Roc Nation help her handle that then she owe them. I don't know the specifics, purely speculation on my part

Most of these niggas dont know the difference between fear and respect. They think those words are synonymous. Outside of Houston and gang shit, no one is afraid of J Prince. Only way he could go at Jay-z is to talk shit on IG , hire some lawyers and maybe call some og gang members from NY to try and talk to him out of it.

I also been heard he signs niggas to slave contracts too. Few years back they said Mike Jones lives in a lil apartment now, cuz he signed his life away to J Prince.

I believe, most times you can tell a lot about someone by how their children act. J prince son runs around with street niggas throwing up gang signs and he grew up with money his whole life, so I already know what type of time his father is on.

trash dad
trash businessman

smh not surprised

Last edited:

giphy.gif

I’m just curious what she going for

People can point out her supposed 10k advance but how much money did he put into her. He did his part and now you wanna flip cause you got more leverage.

Dude took a huge risk that don’t pay off for most people

She took the boost and now want to cry about the terms. She should’ve kept grinding independent then. I ain’t letting her out of shit and our contract end when I make back my investment 100x over

This where the label has the right to say "fuck that". However, a good business plan could be to meet the artist halfway or is just gonna be a fucked up business look for 1501. BELIEVE me, other up n coming houston artists are watching this situation closely. Look at Baby and Cash money since the Wayne shit. Noone w options tryinta go sign w cash money

Back