Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Meek Mill Sentenced to 2-4 Yrs In Prison

You keep reinstating old shit so what I'm supposed to think :p

Hit dog Gon holla !!!

you keep bringing up old shit wth lmao
I be quoting you on what you be saying in a CURRENT thread and you get to talking about “YOU MAD AT ME FOR WHAT I SAID IN AN OLD ASS THREAD RACE”

what are you talking about B?
like deadass wassup with you?

nah its more like “damn as a Black person you sound oppressive af” learn the difference and @ me next time

It's oppressive to point out that a certain person has committed a number of offenses and may legitimately deserve the consequences of those offenses? How is that? And even if you're right in this case (which you might be, I don't know, I haven't been following Meek's issues), wouldn't it have been more useful to point out where @Sion was wrong rather than resorting to a cheap personal attack? It always amazes me how the people who are supposedly pro-black are the quickest to try and rip into or tear down other blacks.

It's oppressive to point out that a certain person has committed a number of offenses and may legitimately deserve the consequences of those offenses? How is that? And even if you're right in this case (which you might be, I don't know, I haven't been following Meek's issues), wouldn't it have been more useful to point out where @Sion was wrong rather than resorting to a cheap personal attack? It always amazes me how the people who are supposedly pro-black are the quickest to try and rip into or tear down other blacks.

any Black person rallying around the prison industrial complex needs to reevaluate. Ive spoken on this countless times.

go back to old threads. Im not about to engage you on this topic today.

Yes Meek violated parole but yall act like the man is a murderer. He was 18 when he got jammed up that lead to his current incarceration.
He was carrying a pistol at 18 for protection
Got arrested for not letting cops search his car
Violation for traveling to a show without premission
Got into it with a fan because he didnt want to take a picture
Popping a wheelie

Which of those sounds like a man need to to get 2-5 for. The system is set up for us to fail, of course there is a personal responsibility but the game is rigged.

Yes Meek violated parole but yall act like the man is a murderer. He was 18 when he got jammed up that lead to his current incarceration.
Popping a wheelie

Which of those sounds like a man need to to get 2-5 for. The system is set up for us to fail, of course there is a personal responsibility but the game is rigged.

FACTS!

And don't forget trying to jump people on camera thrice (Safaree, French Montana and the kid they stole the bootleg Nicki Minaj shirts from) among other dumb ass shit he recorded himself doing.

He's not above the law man. He could have gotten 5 for violating the first time. Meek is a millionaire who knows better but doesn't care. He was given plenty of chances. They went to 2 other judges and got the same answer. We pushing for a dude who actively did the crime to be freed versus people who could actually use the support for real injustices on crimes they didn't commit but won't because they don't "entertain" us SMMFH. Meek is like a spit in the face to people who are actually fucked up.

There's not a single hashtag or "free ___" shirt for any of the names I mentioned.
Not because they dont entertain us but because we dont know them.
And you seem to be under the impression that we cant have both, that because I see and injustice in Meeks case dosent mean I cant see an injustice in others. You make seem like I have to choose a side when im riding for them all.

Popping a wheelie

what we doing bout this is the question

I'm saying meek did the crime and will have to do the time. Those are the rules of the game. There's a loooot of folk who got clapped after the first time when Meek got 6 chances. You can see injustice in other things I just disagree with the notion Meek should be freed because he entertains us and is more well known. On paper his crimes seem menial but those are the laws man. You get a million in the bank I would think one would have the decency to wise up.
Money doesnt make smarts, you know that.

Will you admit the system in American justice is fucked up. If so, why are you mad when people are calling it out and requesting that the shit be corrected.
He did the time for having the pistol when he was 18, is that not good enough. Fuck how many chance you think are too much, he shouldnt be at the whim of the courts anyway.
And once again, no one is saying free him just because he "entertains" us. Im think his situation is shitty and thats why I think he should be freed. I would say the same thing for anyone in that predicament. Not just celebrities

Money doesnt make smarts, you know that.

Will you admit the system in American justice is fucked up. If so, why are you mad when people are calling it out and requesting that the shit be corrected.
He did the time for having the pistol when he was 18, is that not good enough. Fuck how many chance you think are too much, he shouldnt be at the whim of the courts anyway.
And once again, no one is saying free him just because he "entertains" us. Im think his situation is shitty and thats why I think he should be freed. I would say the same thing for anyone in that predicament. Not just celebrities
i agree with you regarding the justice system and blacks in America i fight for reform everyday...i think what @Sion is saying is that Meek already knows shit fucked up and they on his ass and didnt take the steps to shield himself from that......take a look at Remy Ma i believe she off probation now....when she came out of jail Papoose told i ma make sure niggas dont trick u out of ur freedom and stayed on her ass to make sure she did all she had to do to not have to go back and now she straight.....what was so hard bout Meek doing the same?

i agree with you regarding the justice system and blacks in America i fight for reform everyday...i think what @Sion is saying is that Meek already knows shit fucked up and they on his ass and didnt take the steps to shield himself from that......take a look at Remy Ma i believe she off probation now....when she came out of jail Papoose told i ma make sure niggas dont trick u out of ur freedom and stayed on her ass to make sure she did all she had to do to not have to go back and now she straight.....what was so hard bout Meek doing the same?

eh I find your thought process to be contradictory here.

You supposedly fight for reform everyday but still manage to say that Meek should just basically adhere to his probation terms...

to be for reform you would know that abiding by certain rules (the probation system in this instance) to avoid punishment doesn't make the rules inherently just.

meeks probation term was set at 10 years. does that not sound obnoxious af to you?

the probation system was ultimately set in place for people to fail. look at how easy it is to return to jail. I mean people are going back to jail for minor infractions.

I don’t ask: why can’t people just be “good”

I ask: why are these guidelines set in place in the first place? and who do they work to serve and who do they work to ultimately destroy?

idc what meek did. he shouldn’t have been on probation for 10 years

that’s the real injustice.

Nobody should be on probation after serving their sentence. I think thats true “reform”

Well age an maturity have a lot to do with it. Remy was 34 when she got out and served a lot more time. Meek was on the right path until he popped a wheelie on an empty street.

first thing is we have to start hire actual black lawyers and attorneys.......niggas think its cool to say they have Jew lawyers but it hurts us in the long run

its been shown time and time again Black lawyers do not, cannot change the system. Its the same with Black cops.

eh I find your thought process to be contradictory here.

You supposedly fight for reform everyday but still manage to say that Meek should just basically adhere to his probation terms...

to be for reform you would know that abiding by certain rules (the probation system in this instance) to avoid punishment doesn't make the rules inherently just.

meeks probation term was set at 10 years. does that not sound obnoxious af to you?

the probation system was ultimately set in place for people to fail. look at how easy it is to return to jail. I mean people are going back to jail for minor infractions.

I don’t ask: why can’t people just be “good”

I ask: why are these guidelines set in place in the first place? and who do they work to serve and who do they work to ultimately destroy?

idc what meek did. he shouldn’t have been on probation for 10 years

that’s the real injustice.

Nobody should be on probation after serving their sentence. I think thats true “reform”

everything bout Meeks case is bullshit but they gave him 10 yrs probation....what was he gonna say " no im not taking 10 give me something less" wtf?
NO one wants to pay taxes but we do because thats the system we are in...until the system is changed (Reformed) we have to adhere by that system or we ll keep saying free so and so......

everything bout Meeks case is bullshit but they gave him 10 yrs probation....what was he gonna say " no im not taking 10 give me something less" wtf?
NO one wants to pay taxes but we do because thats the system we are in...until the system is changed (Reformed) we have to adhere by that system or we ll keep saying free so and so......

nah.

Back