Knowing the end of the trailer let's me know the plot twist that'll be coming somewhere towards the middle or end of the movie. Seems stupid to me but I'll give it a chance.

Hmmmm interesting

I still think Mysterio is a fine choice. We'll eventually get Green Goblin I think some years down the line but I want to see different villains. I think after the Avengers ends they're going to use Spiderman to springboard into the Fantastic Four and X-Men and maybe even introduce the sinister Six.
Maybe. But far from home is the last movie for hollands contract with marvel studios and sonys deal. Soon they will have to re negotiate.

After the massive success of venom, theres a chance Sony might want to keep spiderman to themselves I'm sure marvel studios will do almost anything to keep him though and maybe Sony will begin to be able to incorporate more of their characters into the mcu, but they may not want to share the money. Itll be interesting to see what happens

Yo good observation

Yeah it's not looking good tbh. The deal was for holland to make 5 appearances. Civil war, homecoming, infinity war, endgame, and far from home.

Sony finances the films 100% and gets 100% of the box office returns. Marvel has the creative freedom on the solo films and does all the production from casting to story and spiderman can appear in ensemble films and marvel gets to keep all the merchandising money. After far from home is done, Sony can just say fuck it and take the established holland spiderman and put him back in their universe but it would no longer acknowledge his appearances in the mcu. That's also only if holland agrees to re sign too. This spiderman success will probably make marvel want more money and Sony to keep him. So I'm thinking a crazy deal will be worked out, or Sony will recast spiderman AGAIN and incorporate him into their spiderman universe. Or holland will carry on as spiderman over at Sony. I'm thinking we will start seeing stories about it early next year or close to when far from home releases.

Yeah it's not looking good tbh. The deal was for holland to make 5 appearances. Civil war, homecoming, infinity war, endgame, and far from home.

Sony finances the films 100% and gets 100% of the box office returns. Marvel has the creative freedom on the solo films and does all the production from casting to story and spiderman can appear in ensemble films and marvel gets to keep all the merchandising money. After far from home is done, Sony can just say fuck it and take the established holland spiderman and put him back in their universe but it would no longer acknowledge his appearances in the mcu. That's also only if holland agrees to re sign too. This spiderman success will probably make marvel want more money and Sony to keep him. So I'm thinking a crazy deal will be worked out, or Sony will recast spiderman AGAIN and incorporate him into their spiderman universe. Or holland will carry on as spiderman over at Sony. I'm thinking we will start seeing stories about it early next year or close to when far from home releases.

Thought you had this mixed up or something til I looked it up.

Wow.

I get Marvel has pretty much no financial lose w/ the deal but it wasn't struck when they were just starting the MCU. They had a successful track record (even w/ the crappy films), by 2015.

That merchandising money must be crazy.

Reactions: Lou Cypher
Thought you had this mixed up or something til I looked it up.

Wow.

I get Marvel has pretty much no financial lose w/ the deal but it wasn't struck when they were just starting the MCU. They had a successful track record (even w/ the crappy films), by 2015.

That merchandising money must be crazy.

Haha yeah its kind of funny, Sony got to a point where they were like "Fuck it, just make us a spiderman movie that doesnt SUCK.."

Now that they got another taste of a successful superhero franchise though they might just have learned some lessons from marvel during this time and feel like they can handle it on their own.

I'm not too familiar with Merchandising, but i know it involves things like Toy Sales and anything related to the film, but I wonder if Marvel Studios gets paid for the DVD/Blu Ray sales or if that money would go to Sony. Its not technically "Box Office" if im not mistaken.

Haha yeah its kind of funny, Sony got to a point where they were like "Fuck it, just make us a spiderman movie that doesnt SUCK.."

Now that they got another taste of a successful superhero franchise though they might just have learned some lessons from marvel during this time and feel like they can handle it on their own.

You know good and gotdamn well Sony don't know how to act when they get a taste of success when it comes to movies...

They let Sam Raimi do his thing with the first two Spiderman joints with Tobey Maguire...

After they tasted that success they(Sony) wanted to get involved more and toss in a buncha unnecessary shit and the studio took creative control away... and we all know how that turned out.

You know good and gotdamn well Sony don't know how to act when they get a taste of success when it comes to movies...

They let Sam Raimi do his thing with the first two Spiderman joints with Tobey Maguire...

After they tasted that success they(Sony) wanted to get involved more and toss in a buncha unnecessary shit and the studio took creative control away... and we all know how that turned out.

From what i've read, a lot of spiderman 3's fault was due to the producer Avi Arad who's worked on a lot of Marvel films and projects. Raimi was on a roll and when it came time for Spiderman 3, he already had visions of the film and Spiderman 4. If i remember correctly, Raimi didnt like Venom as a character and was going to use Ben Kingsley as the vulture, but ultimately Avi Arad convinced him to bring in Venom as he was a fan favorite and of course sony could just see dollar signs by using venom so they further pushed the idea. At that point though Raimi lost most his inspiration and had to change his story and it just came out the mess it was. Then Raimi didnt like any scripts/stories he received for Spiderman 4 and dropped out as they were pressuring him to release it on a certain date. Then they used his idea as inspiration for the Garfield Reboot. Part of the reason for the push was because Sony NEEDS to release a Spiderman film every certain amount of years (i think its like 5 years, maybe more.) If they dont release a spiderman film in that certain amount of time they lose out on the rights of the character and it reverts back to Marvel.

Uh ohhhhhhhh. Should hear news soon hopefully. Sounds like renegotiation's are happening.

I think it was Amy Pascal the chick that runs Sony films that recently said she hopes spiderman stays in the MCU. She probably could have been saying that to avoid backlash though. I know Sony is seeing that Venom money and wanting to throw spidey in the mix.

Uh ohhhhhhhh. Should hear news soon hopefully. Sounds like renegotiation's are happening.

I think it was Amy Pascal the chick that runs Sony films that recently said she hopes spiderman stays in the MCU. She probably could have been saying that to avoid backlash though. I know Sony is seeing that Venom money and wanting to throw spidey in the mix.
This is in direct quote from some fans tweeting out demanding the new trailer
These guys REALLY want the new Spider-Man trailer lol