Welcome To aBlackWeb

Great show. Echo was a monster in the streets. Looking forward to seeing more of the character.

ac0532d51f00e8f4ee772927c399064ffa827ad4.gifv

5a902668a466e02d883596e27c6ffb44f2a59a9b.gifv

Under its new Spotlight banner Echo is supposed to be something for more mature audiences.
The story is definitely more sinister and visually more brutal than Marvels latest streaming releases.
There are great performances from the cast. Alaqua Cox's performance as Echo has great range as each episode plays out. As her grandfather Skully (Graham Greene), and grandmother Chula (Tantoo Cardinal) they have a great, playful comfortable feel together even 33 years after their coupling in Dances with Wolves. They easily shift gears between being dramatic and humorous. Vincent D’Onofrio is great as ever as Kingpin. Marvel does the usual family set ups with a silly cousin Biscuits (Cody Lightning). A caring and concerned cousin Bonnie (Devery Jacobs) and uncle Henry, played by Chaske Spencer. Disney continues to make alterations to certain characters and most of it works here. Yes there is violence but it's not nearly as brutal as I thought it would be I don't even think I heard that much profanity. So I can tell Disney is not in full Mature Mode.
They didn't waste anytime to what I was looking forward to in the series. A good job is done celebrating indigenous culture. There is good raw emotion displayed that's connected to familial ties,regret and betrayal. Some parts of the story play out in lackluster ways.
In the fifth episodes stinger I wish what happened was already in place in episode one because it would have fit right in with something that occurs in the episode.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

I liked it. Actress was very believable in the role. Liked that they brought back the real Kingpin in a sense, even though he still wasn’t as menacing as he was in Daredevil.

Wish he and Echo had fought then she caught him the the glow at the end.

Daredevil fight was dope. Glad they front loaded his and Hawkeye’s cameo so they wouldn’t be anticipated the whole show and you could focus on her story.

Back