Welcome To aBlackWeb

Echo, meanwhile, bucked the downward trend of superhero screened entertainment by breaking out of the pack with its unique characteristics. It debuted number one on both Disney+ and Hulu, and established actress Alaqua Cox as a viable lead. The show has continued to remain in the spotlight with Cox making several talk show appearances this week and with the show’s director, Sydney Freeland, scheduled to appear at the Sundance Film Festival with a fireside chat at the IllumiNative’s Indigenous House on Sunday.

The show also had a halo effect for Marvel: Daredevil seasons one and two, Hawkeye, and Punisher season one received major audience bumps, according to insiders.

Marvel is interested in doing more with the character and is already developing new ideas as it seeks to build out its street-level heroes.

Yeah the ending was pretty flat

Not sure why this only got 5 episodes

Like others, I didn't need the ancestry powers. They felt shoe horned anyway

Decent watch but eh

Decent watch but eh
They cut an episode due to pacing issues, I believe. Clearly, the show would have benefitted from it having a few more episodes

They cut an episode due to pacing issues, I believe. Clearly, the show would have benefitted from it having a few more episodes
I feel you but one ep wasn't gonna make that much of a difference with these being 30 min eps

Decent watch but eh

I kind get where you're coming from, but you can't really say the powers were shoehorned in when they were literally setup from the very first scene of the show. You couldn't just remove them from the show either because they are basically what allowed her to resolve her problems with her family and beat Kingpin.

I think the issue with them was that they were never really defined well. We were shown from the beginning that she had them, but we never really understood what they did. Then all of a sudden at the end she used them to save the day, and we still don't really understand what exactly they do.

Back