Welcome To aBlackWeb

I felt like AOU was okay but what hurt it was that the villain was poorly executed they needed to build up Ultron more, they would’ve been better off using another villain that didn’t need buildup like a variation of Masters of Evil or even a Taskmaster.

I felt like AOU was okay but what hurt it was that the villain was poorly executed they needed to build up Ultron more, they would’ve been better off using another villain that didn’t need buildup like a variation of Masters of Evil or even a Taskmaster.

I actually disagree here. I think he was built up, and that's why he wasn't received well. I think a lot of people wanted him to be a genocidal robot from the start. He wasn't that in the beginning of the movie. I think a lot of people misunderstood that and so didn't really judge his character fairly.

I actually disagree here. I think he was built up, and that's why he wasn't received well. I think a lot of people wanted him to be a genocidal robot from the start. He wasn't that in the beginning of the movie. I think a lot of people misunderstood that and so didn't really judge his character fairly.
Agree for sure. Ultron slick one of my fav characters in the MCU movies.

Crazy man lol y’all big thing was “I didn’t like how the avengers had to fight the entire wave of robots in the 3rd act”

I been defending AOU for years and now everybody likes it

Ultron my 2nd favorite MCU villain because spader did such a good job

Agree for sure. Ultron slick one of my fav characters in the MCU movies.

Yeah. I always thought AoU was ok. It's without a doubt the weakest of the Avengers movies to me but not bad at all. I really did like him as a villain though. I remember when the movie came out and people were criticizing Ultron for not murdering lots of people as soon as he popped up. Like why would he have done that, when he first popped up, he believed himself to be humanity's protector as per the mission Tony gave him.

How was he built up? Thanos is an example of a villain that was built up. Ultron was the monster of the week. Even in the comics he was built up.

How was he built up? Thanos is an example of a villain that was built up. Ultron was the monster of the week. Even in the comics he was built up.

Almost every villain in the MCU was the "monster of the week"

And if we being honest the build up for Thanos was quick one-liner and a smirk in the end credits.

Almost every villain in the MCU was the "monster of the week"

And if we being honest the build up for Thanos was quick one-liner and a smirk in the end credits.
That’s why I said they should’ve used more minor villains that don’t need buildup. Ultron needed to be built up, they rushed it imo. The movie was a disappointment because of how they handled Ultron. Overall the movie wasn’t terrible it just could’ve been better.

That’s why I said they should’ve used more minor villains that don’t need buildup. Ultron needed to be built up, they rushed it imo. The movie was a disappointment because of how they handled Ultron. Overall the movie wasn’t terrible it just could’ve been better.

But why do you feel Ultron needed to be built up verse someone like Hela, or Killmonger or some of the villains you referenced.

But why do you feel Ultron needed to be built up verse someone like Hela, or Killmonger or some of the villains you referenced.
The same reason they needed to build up Thanos, the same reason why the first movie in the MCU wasn’t Civil War. Some things need to be built. Ultron was created by Hank Pym in the comics to guard against outside threats in the world but eventually he turned on the Avengers, we need to see him as an alley to the Avengers before the turn. Ultron was that important of a villain in their mythos.

That's old bruh. Why are the MCU villains better characters than the MCU heroes?

Thanos, Ultron, Killmonger, Hela, Zemo, Vulture >>>

How come nobody talks about justice league?

:hahaha:
Another movie that rushed some shit. The death of Superman should’ve happened after a decade or so and Doomsday was rushed too. The first JL movie should’ve been something simple, introduce the rest of the team then spin them off in their own solo movies. They did way too much early and that’s what hurt Justice League.

I guess I have to ask what you mean by "built up." I thought you were talking about developed over the course of the movie as you would expect for any movie villain to be. He was created, introduced as a robot that had gained sentience and rejected the authority of his creators. Then he was shown to actually be acting in accord with the directive given by his creators, though he had made the conscious decision that eliminating his creators was the best way to fulfill his mission, which was the protection of humanity. Then after he was betrayed by the twins, he decided humanity wasn't worth saving, and that's when he became the genocidal Ultron that we know from the comics. His character was pretty clearly developed.

Now, if you're talking about how he compares to Thanos, ok, no he wasn't developed as a galactic threat that would represent a crisis larger than the heroes could imagine, but he wasn't ever supposed to be that. He was supposed to be the villain for AoU, which he was, not the villain for the MCU, which Thanos was.

As one of DC's biggest fans there is no need to bring them up they are in a miserable state and dont even deserve the convo here. Even Shazaam was just alright and just alright doesn't cut it.

Back