Welcome To aBlackWeb

I guess I have to ask what you mean by "built up." I thought you were talking about developed over the course of the movie as you would expect for any movie villain to be. He was created, introduced as a robot that had gained sentience and rejected the authority of his creators. Then he was shown to actually be acting in accord with the directive given by his creators, though he had made the conscious decision that eliminating his creators was the best way to fulfill his mission, which was the protection of humanity. Then after he was betrayed by the twins, he decided humanity wasn't worth saving, and that's when he became the genocidal Ultron that we know from the comics. His character was pretty clearly developed.

Now, if you're talking about how he compares to Thanos, ok, no he wasn't developed as a galactic threat that would represent a crisis larger than the heroes could imagine, but he wasn't ever supposed to be that. He was supposed to be the villain for AoU, which he was, not the villain for the MCU, which Thanos was.
Preach it.

As one of DC's biggest fans there is no need to bring them up they are in a miserable state and dont even deserve the convo here. Even Shazaam was just alright and just alright doesn't cut it.

Props to Marvel for connecting all the movies, but more than half of the MCU movies is just alright.

Props to Marvel for connecting all the movies, but more than half of the MCU movies is just alright.
But Marvels alright is miles above DC's alright. Even I can admit that when I really dont want to. DC is like watching your kid play basketball and he just out there air balling and getting hammered by blocks and you want him to do better but the kid just dont got the juice so u got to accept it.

I guess I have to ask what you mean by "built up." I thought you were talking about developed over the course of the movie as you would expect for any movie villain to be. He was created, introduced as a robot that had gained sentience and rejected the authority of his creators. Then he was shown to actually be acting in accord with the directive given by his creators, though he had made the conscious decision that eliminating his creators was the best way to fulfill his mission, which was the protection of humanity. Then after he was betrayed by the twins, he decided humanity wasn't worth saving, and that's when he became the genocidal Ultron that we know from the comics. His character was pretty clearly developed.

Now, if you're talking about how he compares to Thanos, ok, no he wasn't developed as a galactic threat that would represent a crisis larger than the heroes could imagine, but he wasn't ever supposed to be that. He was supposed to be the villain for AoU, which he was, not the villain for the MCU, which Thanos was.
Great and how did that work out? A movie most considered average at best? With a villain no one really thinks about even though he’s pretty much to the Avengers what Apocalypse is to the X Men, he deserved more than monster of the week status. Shoehorning everything into one film was a mistake, showing his creation and slow descent into change as a side story through a few films setting up Ultron made sense.

They could’ve started in a mid credit scene for the first Avengers movie, show elements of Ultron in Thor and Ironman 3, Winter Soldier then go into Ultron.

Shazam was “alright”

:huh:
When I first saw it I thought it was a 7/10 but looking back at it I probably will never watch it again. And yes Shazam is a decent movie, let's not make it out to be anything that its not. Aquaman imo was better then it.

When I first saw it I thought it was a 7/10 but looking back at it I probably will never watch it again. And yes Shazam is a decent movie, let's not make it out to be anything that its not. Aquaman imo was better then it.
This is a discussion for another thread.

No need to have every villain appear in multiple movies before he get his shine in. Yall got spoiled with that shit and forgot shit can be a 1 and done and be okay.
I didn’t say that. But certain villains need to be built up and Ultron was one of them. That’s why I suggested they should’ve used a lesser villain that didn’t need a buildup like Taskmaster who could hold his own against the whole Avengers, or the Masters of Evil.

There def could of been alot more done but I'm just saying I still thought it was good. Same with GOTG 2 I felt they could of did alot better but it still is a fun movie.

Last edited:
Great and how did that work out? A movie most considered average at best? With a villain no one really thinks about even though he’s pretty much to the Avengers what Apocalypse is to the X Men, he deserved more than monster of the week status. Shoehorning everything into one film was a mistake, showing his creation and slow descent into change as a side story through a few films setting up Ultron made sense.

They could’ve started in a mid credit scene for the first Avengers movie, show elements of Ultron in Thor and Ironman 3, Winter Soldier then go into Ultron.

If you're saying, Ultron deserved more than just being a villain in AoU, I'd agree with you. He's an A.I., so hopefully he does come back at some point. I'm just saying that as a villain in AoU, he wasn't bad.

Too much marvel dick licking on abw.
One company has done much better than another company. Just the facts, but I am fan of both and criticise when necessary. Everybody should be that way. There should be no loyalry to any company if they not cutting you a check.

tenor.gif

Uncanny horrible acting and I'm not the guy who notice acting jobs. That black nigga who played Black Mantis or whatever LEGIT have me power ranger vibes. I'm terrified he drafted to play Candyman.

Black Manta has a FAT HEAD. Nigga got a head like an Octopus.

Back