Welcome To aBlackWeb

lol gotdamn the Illuminati got slaughtered. Reveal was anticlimactic AF. Solid movie though otherwise. Aside from No Way Home it’s the only one I’ve liked this phase. Could definitely tell it was a Raimi flick.

Illumanti died easily for story reasons. She couldnt kill Black Bolt that easily, dude has thrown hands with Hulk, thor and Namor. Plus Mr fantasic is null invulnerable.

Quick look at numbers

MCU:

Doctor strange 570 mil worldwide (so far)
Spider-Man NWH 1.8 bil worldwide
Shangchi 432 mil worldwide
Eternals 402 mil worldwide
Black Widow 379 mil worldwide

Sony:

Venom 2 506 mil worldwide (smh)
Morbius 162 mil worldwide

DCEU:
The Suicide Squad 167 mil worldwide

Stand-alone:
The Batman 767 mil worldwide

Quick look at numbers

MCU:

Sony:

DCEU:

Stand-alone:
Marvel basically competes against itself

I've had enough time to think about what my problems with this movie were, and I keep going back to the combat/fight scenes.

It was just waay too many power-sorcerer-stands-in-place-miming-during-wide-shot-while-VFX-does-the-heavy-lifting scenes. Just imagine hoppin on Twitch to see some competitive Street Fighter gameplay but then both fighters just spend every match throwing hadoukens at each other.

Now contrast this with the dope ass hand-to-hand combat/knife fight on the street between Cap & Winter Soldier in "Capt America 2". Or on the intro scene on the ship seeing Cap kick a man so hard that he flies across the screen and into the ocean.

I think about all this and then I think "Well Doctor Strange is a sorcerer and does sorcery shit so what the fuck did I expect?"

Then I gotta contend with maybe Dr. Strange solo flicks just ain't for me. An up close and personal asswhoopin is always gonna hit harder with me than casting spells.

I thought we were finally getting there with the handfight between Mordo and Strange but that shit was a dud and ended silly af.

My final review:
3.5 outta 5

I've had enough time to think about what my problems with this movie were, and I keep going back to the combat/fight scenes.

It was just waay too many power-sorcerer-stands-in-place-miming-during-wide-shot-while-VFX-does-the-heavy-lifting scenes. Just imagine hoppin on Twitch to see some competitive Street Fighter gameplay but then both fighters just spend every match throwing hadoukens at each other.

Now contrast this with the dope ass hand-to-hand combat/knife fight on the street between Cap & Winter Soldier in "Capt America 2". Or on the intro scene on the ship seeing Cap kick a man so hard that he flies across the screen and into the ocean.

I think about all this and then I think "Well Doctor Strange is a sorcerer and does sorcery shit so what the fuck did I expect?"

Then I gotta contend with maybe Dr. Strange solo flicks just ain't for me. An up close and personal asswhoopin is always gonna hit harder with me than casting spells.

I thought we were finally getting there with the handfight between Mordo and Strange but that shit was a dud and ended silly af.

My final review:
3.5 outta 5
My issue was that I wanted to see them really explore different multiverses.

Yeh the biggest issue with this movie is they didn’t deep dive more into the multiverse the way I think everyone expected. Shit just kinda was happening in a blink of an eye and they would move onto the next scene or scenario.

Also I don’t remember if the writers of Wandavision had any input in this movie. I think I read somewhere that Remi didn’t watch Wandavision at all. He was only given certain bits of info with regards to Wanda. Cause Wandavision ended with her wanting to save her kids & in this movie she’s basically out to kidnap them.

Yeh the biggest issue with this movie is they didn’t deep dive more into the multiverse the way I think everyone expected. Shit just kinda was happening in a blink of an eye and they would move onto the next scene or scenario.

Also I don’t remember if the writers of Wandavision had any input in this movie. I think I read somewhere that Remi didn’t watch Wandavision at all. He was only given certain bits of info with regards to Wanda. Cause Wandavision ended with her wanting to save her kids & in this movie she’s basically out to kidnap them.
They could have done more to show how the Darkhold was corrupting her.

FSu9oy9UcAAu4ea

Quick look at numbers

MCU:

Sony:

DCEU:

Stand-alone:
No Way Home did what it did because of nostalgia