Welcome To aBlackWeb

A movie that doesn't live up to the hype and fails to meet it's box-office expectations.

I haven't seen too many people who are actually hype to see Captain Marvel though.

Most folks that I know want to see this, not for their interest in the character but to see how it ties into the overall story/Infinity War.

That fact, along with this being Marvels first female led super hero flick.. this movie will probably do numbers despite the fact that the character doesnt seem very interesting at the moment to me... similar to Ant Man.

But like Antman.. this flick might find its lane and actually turn out to be a good movie. I think Marvel knows what it's doing.. they've more than earned my trust in their ability to make good films at this point

You really think this movie is going to fail financially?

putin gif that Allergens posted.gif

It's all a matter of perspective.

Meaning, on the surface..........some might consider the movie a success if it grosses $100 million at the box office.

However, if it cost over $500 million to produce.......it'll be a huge disappointment.

Might actually be a blessing in disguise if it stops this trend of trying to force female action characters on people.

Just saw the preview for this movie during the National Championship game.

For those that remember, I called the last 2 DC comics flops.......Batman v. Superman and Justice League.

This will be the first marvel flop........no pun intended...........that I'm gonna call.

Hollywood needs to stop this SJW bullshit of replacing male characters with female ones.

Especially in this situation since there already is a legitimate female character....... Ms. Marvel.........with her own identity and storyline.

Some might argue that her comic book presence is just as strong as Captain Marvel's.

Especially considering her tie-in to Rogue from X-Men stealing her powers.

So why even bother making Captain Marvel a woman when they could have very easily done a Ms. Marvel movie?

IDK, maybe it's just the actress playing the role........but she seems like a horrible fit and doesn't look genuine at all.

Bruh, Carol has been Captain Marvel for a long time, well before this SJW wave began.

Also several characters have held that title and most of them were women. Going back to the 80s with Monica.

Ima try and keep an open mind and go see this only because I want to see how it leads up to her role in endgame.

I really hope they dont fuck this up. Theyve done a helluva job thus far. From back when they started showing Thanos in the post credits to finally bringing him into the mix and having him murk half the universe

I might lose my shit if all that gets undone by becky with the funny face

I haven't seen too many people who are actually hype to see Captain Marvel though.

Most folks that I know want to see this, not for their interest in the character but to see how it ties into the overall story/Infinity War.

That fact, along with this being Marvels first female led super hero flick.. this movie will probably do numbers despite the fact that the character doesnt seem very interesting at the moment to me... similar to Ant Man.

But like Antman.. this flick might find its lane and actually turn out to be a good movie. I think Marvel knows what it's doing.. they've more than earned my trust in their ability to make good films at this point

Makes sense.

Judging from the previews, however, I don't think it's gonna be as good as Infinity War.

Just like the 3rd Captain America movie.....Civil War.......wasn't as good as Winter Soldier.

Niggas in here talking out the side of their mouths about shit you know nothing about. Kinda lame.
Y'all projecting how you feel about women on how well you think the movie is gonna do. Super bowl, and asg right around the corner this shit hasn't even got a real promo push yet.

Brah you sounded sexist af lol

A bad movie is a bad movie..........regardless of whether or not there's a female lead.

It just so happens that, in this case, the lead character is female for no reason.

Also, I don't even think the lead actress in this movie would be a good Ms. Marvel either.

A bad movie is a bad movie..........regardless of whether or not there's a female lead.

It just so happens that, in this case, the lead character is female for no reason.

Also, I don't even think the lead actress in this movie would be a good Ms. Marvel either.
That's not what you said though

You were saying you hope they stop trying to make female lead movies. Little girls have the right to want to be up super heroes too

This shouldn't be reserved for just little boys

And how about she's the lead because Captain marvel is a woman in the comics. Tf?

That's not what you said though

You were saying you hope they stop trying to make female lead movies. Little girls have the right to want to be up super heroes too

This shouldn't be reserved for just little boys

And how about she's the lead because Captain marvel is a woman in the comics. Tf?

I think he means like how the ghost busters/oceans 8 were an all female cast shoved down our throats instead of a good movie with a lead female. There is a difference

Cot damn man, yall niggaz need to quit with the every criticism of anything involving a woman equals hating women. And I aint even to argue or derail the thread.

There are multiple versions of the Captain Marvel character in the comics. This Marvel is actually the protege of a dude name Mar Vel or something like that. Me personally I dont give a shit that they chose the female version. Brie just doesnt seem to capture the role from what Ive seen. She may do a helluva job tho. We'll see.

Cot damn man, yall niggaz need to quit with the every criticism of anything involving a woman equals hating women. And I aint even to argue or derail the thread.

There are multiple versions of the Captain Marvel character in the comics. This Marvel is actually the protege of a dude name Mar Vel or something like that. Me personally I dont give a shit that they chose the female version. Brie just doesnt seem to capture the role from what Ive seen. She may do a helluva job tho. We'll see.
Then say brie don't do it for you and not make a blanket statement about women being leads in movies

That was my issue

Fwiw, I didn't see Ghostbusters reboot but I saw oceans 8. My only criticism of it was they could've just titled this some generic ass title instead of attaching it to the ocean franchise. This was definitely a show horn attempt to latch on and try to get viewers from that pov instead of allowing it to stand on its own

Makes sense.

Judging from the previews, however, I don't think it's gonna be as good as Infinity War.

Just like the 3rd Captain America movie.....Civil War.......wasn't as good as Winter Soldier.
38BlfVp.png

I mean, Infinity War IS the pinnacle of this entire thing

Last edited:
38BlfVp.png

I mean, Infinity War IS the pinnacle of this entire thing
This

You pretty much know the ending of endgame. You know don't know the path to get there.

And I don't think she is going to be the end all saviour but her role will be as impactful as the original avengers

Back