Welcome To aBlackWeb

b86b4bf1d6070224768d88238ed5c892c075f430.gifv

2cb70268e122817a16ecee1849d9cc7da3f5cf8d.gifv

66946ac4a78ab98cdeaaeba8bcd9691302f92350.gifv

bb1a55efe20e43c93e2835485ec2e42c83e6f63c.gifv
@Dwayne there's a ton of odes to WS in BW just like this. Pay attention

The fact that she was hardly present on screen does not take away from every scene she was in that was reminiscent of WS.

It does for me and a bunch of other folks. We wanna see elite fight scenes when we watch superhero movies

It does for me and a bunch of other folks. We wanna see elite fight scenes when we watch superhero movies
I'm not arguing whether one is better than the other. Obviously what they did with Bucky was better than what they did with Antonia.

I only said that there where a lot of similarities between the two movies and clearly they tried to recapture the magic that was made is Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I'm not arguing whether one is better than the other. Obviously what they did with Bucky was better than what they did with Antonia.

I only said that there where a lot of similarities between the two movies and clearly they tried to recapture the magic that was made is Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Understood

I would have liked to see this arc of her character over a couple movies or at least a season on Disney +.

Natasha's arc has been a matter of the audience unraveling the mystery that is her life. Would have been nice to see Yelena struggle a bit with reconciling the beautiful lies that were her childhood with the ugly truth that is her adulthood.

You’re right.

plus I’m a bigger fan of shows than movies

I already said the movie was some mid IMO. Was entertaining but based on Marvels track record... to me it was a bit of a letdown
Word. The first half and beginning of the second was dope. For me, it got kinda what are we doin here-ish mid second half. Almost lost my attn. Although I may consider this to be one of my least favorite Marvel films, I enjoyed most of the fight scenes and Yelena's character.

Just finished it, maaan, that shit was solid af. Dope edition to the MCU. From what I was hearing I thought it was going to be terrible. I only had a few gripes.

1. It should have came out before Endgame, I hate prequels. Knowing how Natasha's story ended took a lot of suspense away when things got heavy.

2. The location of the Red Room, you mean to tell me Shield didn't notice a flying fortress all these years? Tony didn't see anything from all his satellites, lol? I guess seeing as how dude had all of the world leaders under his thumb...eh, I'll let it slide. The Red Room falling out of the sky makes up for it, lol.

3. Taskmaster being retconned. They turned him into a generic villain. Which isn't terrible, because the action scenes were still dope and to be honest, I couldn't tell you one thing about the guy other than his mimic ability. Despite everything, I thought they wrapped it up nice with TM being the dude's daughter and her being a byproduct of Natasha's actions. Glad she could at least wipe "child killer" off of her resume, or at least one less child is dead because of her.

Of course I was still hoping to see some type of superhero shit somewhere, but it was fine. I love what they did with Florence Pugh's character, really made her feel like the lil sis. Always cracking jokes and talking shit. I thought David Harbour did a fantastic job, too. I really hope they bring him back. I hope they bring the whole fam back, I would like to see them interact more. From the end credits scene, we know we'll at least get to see Florence, again, which I can't wait for.

Again, a solid movie. 7/10

In Avengers she clearly said Hawkeye came after her, he wasn't in any flashback scenes, let alone in the movie. What about her assassination training where she wanted to pretend to fail to get out? Or other missions that Shield wanted to take her out for? None of that. They knew it sucked that's why they pushed it back to still make box office money back. Not from the kid tho, piracy lives forever

Nigga you already know that shit. So why would they go back to some shit they already explained?

So you can see it visually?

SMH, some of y'all would be fukn horrible directors or producers

Widow gets her due

PRAISE: But is it to little to late ...well yes and no.
In the story revolving around Black Widow, confronting the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises.
Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow is great in the role as usual and there's a great dynamic between her and Florence Pugh as her "sister" Yelena Belova then when the whole "family" gets together including David Harbour as her "father" Alexei Shostakov / Red Guardian and Rachel Weisz as her "mother"Melina Vostokoff it was truly fun to watch
I would actually like to see a series based on Red Guardians glory days.
As a Marvel fan I loved the name drops and references.
The back story for their family and origins of the Black Widows was pretty interesting and surprisingly dark.
I'm actually shocked the Widows weren't more off balance.
There is a lot of raw emotion brilliantly displayed by the main characters.
Some of the action sequences and fight scenes are sharply done.There are a couple of scenes toward the end of the film that were great and I wondered how more effective they would have been if BW got a film earlier in the MCU timeline.

PROBLEMS: The villains have several scenes in which they shine but run out of steam fast. Plot holes are scattered here and there. Some of the CGI looked terrible. I always wonder how much an actor gets paid for just showing their face twice and having one line of dialog.
One scene was so drawn out I couldn't help but say ok let's move on already.
Suspension of disbelief is asked for several times.
I felt one of the characters was really watered down.

It's a bittersweet feeling I have for this film. Not only bittersweet because a lot more could have been done in this film but also because of the ultimate fate of this character. As some of the actors have moved on from the MCU its time for me to move on to what's coming in the MCU.

giphy.gif

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Widow gets her due

PRAISE: But is it to little to late ...well yes and no.
In the story revolving around Black Widow, confronting the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises.
Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow is great in the role as usual and there's a great dynamic between her and Florence Pugh as her "sister" Yelena Belova then when the whole "family" gets together including David Harbour as her "father" Alexei Shostakov / Red Guardian and Rachel Weisz as her "mother"Melina Vostokoff it was truly fun to watch
I would actually like to see a series based on Red Guardians glory days.
As a Marvel fan I loved the name drops and references.
The back story for their family and origins of the Black Widows was pretty interesting and surprisingly dark.
I'm actually shocked the Widows weren't more off balance.
There is a lot of raw emotion brilliantly displayed by the main characters.
Some of the action sequences and fight scenes are sharply done.There are a couple of scenes toward the end of the film that were great and I wondered how more effective they would have been if BW got a film earlier in the MCU timeline.

PROBLEMS: The villains have several scenes in which they shine but run out of steam fast. Plot holes are scattered here and there. Some of the CGI looked terrible. I always wonder how much an actor gets paid for just showing their face twice and having one line of dialog.
One scene was so drawn out I couldn't help but say ok let's move on already.
Suspension of disbelief is asked for several times.
I felt one of the characters was really watered down.

It's a bittersweet feeling I have for this film. Not only bittersweet because a lot more could have been done in this film but also because of the ultimate fate of this character. As some of the actors have moved on from the MCU its time for me to move on to what's coming in the MCU.

giphy.gif

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

what were the plot holes?

In Avengers she clearly said Hawkeye came after her, he wasn't in any flashback scenes, let alone in the movie. What about her assassination training where she wanted to pretend to fail to get out? Or other missions that Shield wanted to take her out for? None of that. They knew it sucked that's why they pushed it back to still make box office money back. Not from the kid tho, piracy lives forever
Lol this doesn't make any sense.

Back