Welcome To aBlackWeb

same, can’t believe i have avoided most spoilers so far.
Being in this thread I think I get the gist of the movie.

Still though....

January 20th it's on
fist-mad.gif

Aye, low key this movie flopped.
Not sure if u are troll, but I will engage.

It’s the 7th highest grossing Marvel movie domestically of all time. I think this is pretty good.

If u factor in international box office numbers, that’s where it drops all the way to 18.

I have not really followed when and why China stopped showing Marvel movies, but looks like most of the movies ahead of it were released in China.

Now, if u were just trolling, ignore me, lol.

Funny

But you know what grinds my gears??? The IMAX version of the movie is exclusive to Disney+

Not on the 4k Blu-ray...but behind a streaming paywall... they've done this for all of their MCU films on Disney+ straight up bullshit

It’s the 7th highest grossing Marvel movie domestically of all time. I think this is pretty good.

If u factor in international box office numbers, that’s where it drops all the way to 18.

I have not really followed when and why China stopped showing Marvel movies, but looks like most of the movies ahead of it were released in China.

lol, no trolling. Just facts. The movie did over $800 mill. Niggas forget that 50%-60% of that goes to the actual movie theaters.

That’s $400 mill left. Production was $250 mill and marketing was over $100 mill.

Disney either broke even or netted $50 mill.

It’s a flop. They spent double on the sequel and made 35% less than the first one.

lol, no trolling. Just facts. The movie did over $800 mill. Niggas forget that 50%-60% of that goes to the actual movie theaters.

That’s $400 mill. Production was $250 mill and marketing was over $100 mill.

It’s a flop. They spent double on the sequel and made and made 35% less.
Not fair to compare the financial results of 1 vs. 2.

Part 1 was a cultural phenomenon and was released in China.

Part 2 lost its star in addition to not having the things I mentioned for 1.

On paper though, you’re probably right.

That’s $400 mill left. Production was $250 mill and marketing was over $100 mill.

It’s a flop. They spent double on the sequel and made 35% less than the first one.
If we are going by this logic, then u are saying most Marvel movies are flops?

Ok, u are trolling, lol

How? Everything I stated was facts. Most MCU movies don’t rake in huge net gains. Why you think Disney stated Age of Ultron 1.2 billion in sales was disappointing. Because they barely made shit off it.

1. Lets look at Love and Thunder.

Did 760 mill.

50% of that goes to the theaters.

Thats $380 mill left. Production budget was $250 mill. Marketing was $100 mill.

Disney netted $30 mill. A flop.

2. How about Infinity War.

Did 2 Billion.

Half goes to the theaters.

The marketing budget was $150 mill. Production was $316 mill.

Disney netted $534 mill. A hit.

Last edited:

I'm surprised Ragnarok and Logan are so low. Those movies were great IMO

@Revolver Ocelot I’m trying to understand the thumbs down. Get your cape first.

know what imma try be less of an asshole this year.

Movie theaters here(US) don't get anywhere near 50-60% of the boxoffice more like 20%. Now overseas they get 50%.

Why you think there were all those stories bout Theaters struggle, in late 2020/2021. The studios, in this country at least, reap most of the BO.

Making 30 million net off a movie, just off of the box office is a flop? Not even counting in Blurays, Digital Sales, Streaming etc?

I could see if it LOST money, itd be considered a flop but they made money right?

Underperformed expectations..A case could be made for that... but flopped? Nah

They’re spending Avenger level money in production and marketing and not grossing a billion dollars. In them board room shareholder meetings. Those are flops.

Back