Welcome To aBlackWeb

I’ll concede that point.

My main point is, Letitia is not a franchise carrying actress. Which is why I wanted a Killmonger redemption arc played by Michael B. Jordan.

What about her says she wouldnt be able to be a franchise carrying actress?

Micahel B. was one of the weaker links in BP1 if we being honest... Dope character but he wasnt all that to me in the movie acting wise.

Chadwick, Lupita, Basset, Whittaker, Letitia, hell even Sterling K. Brown all showed him up IMO

I understand the man passed but this revisionist history about Chadwick in BP 1 is hilarious.

Even from folks that loved the movie he was like somewhere between 3-5 in rankings based on performance.

And to the ones that thought it was overrated or didn't like it altogether. He was the weakest link in BP 1.

Micahel B. was one of the weaker links in BP1 if we being honest... Dope character but he wasnt all that to me in the movie acting wise.

Chadwick, Lupita, Basset, Whittaker, Letitia, hell even Sterling K. Brown all showed him up IMO
Man I’ll slap the shit outta you

MBJ did great

lupita wasn’t even necessary for the first movie

I understand the man passed but this revisionist history about Chadwick in BP 1 is hilarious.

Even from folks that loved the movie he was like somewhere between 3-5 in rankings based on performance.

And to the ones that thought it was overrated or didn't like it altogether. He was the weakest link in BP 1.
But he can carry a franchise. Although I personally thought he did great in BP1, you don’t have to be the greatest actor to carry a franchise. Look at Terminator, Rocky, Matrix, etc. as examples. You just have to be believable as that main character. He was that 100%. He bodied that characterization.

Letitia as the protector of Wakanda that’s supposed to step up in Universe ending conflicts just doesn’t get it done. She’s cool but she’s not believable as that character. If they had used Lupita as Shuri from jump and she stepped up, she would have been much more believable in that role.

Just my $0.02, I don’t want to derail and re-litigate Letitia’s worthiness in this role. There’s probably no takes that haven’t been expressed already. This movie just confirmed it for me.

That Micheal B. comment is definitely a hot take, lol. He was the star of the whole movie.

But he can carry a franchise. Although I personally thought he did great in BP1, you don’t have to be the greatest actor to carry a franchise. Look at Terminator, Rocky, Matrix, etc. as examples. You just have to be believable as that main character. He was that 100%. He bodied that characterization.

Letitia as the protector of Wakanda that’s supposed to step up in Universe ending conflicts just doesn’t get it done. She’s cool but she’s not believable as that character. If they had used Lupita as Shuri from jump and she stepped up, she would have been much more believable in that role.

Just my $0.02, I don’t want to derail and re-litigate Letitia’s worthiness in this role. There’s probably no takes that haven’t been expressed already. This movie just confirmed it for me.

You don't know that. And unfortunately we'll never know.

And if we're being honest, ain’t like he had a bunch of blockbusters before he passed.

You don't know that. And unfortunately we'll never know.

And if we're being honest, ain’t like he had a bunch of blockbusters before he passed.
The experts who put him in that role knew that. The same ones who chose all of the other actors who have carried the countless other MCU franchises.

So I’ll defer to their judgment.

Man I’ll slap the shit outta you

MBJ did great

lupita wasn’t even necessary for the first movie
That Micheal B. comment is definitely a hot take, lol. He was the star of the whole movie.

lmao his character was dope for sure.. but mad people outshined him acting-wise imo. I thought thats what we were gauging things by as far as being able to carry a franchise but i see some of yall feel otherwise. All good lol we can have a difference of opinion and keep it movin

lmao his character was dope for sure.. but mad people outshined him acting-wise imo. I thought thats what we were gauging things by as far as being able to carry a franchise but i see some of yall feel otherwise. All good lol we can have a difference of opinion and keep it movin
If he was the best thing in the movie how did anyone outshine him and who did in your opinion?

Lol I came into y’all saying chadwick didn’t carry the movie and when BP 1 came out I remember ppl saying killmonger carried that movie just as much if not more than T’challa or another character who you want to say

you using acting skills to see if they can carry movies is kinda diff than what I’m arguing lol

andddd I mean MBJ technically is already carrying a franchise with Creed so I mean..

Back