Welcome To aBlackWeb

VuG3gqF.png

lol It's crazy how mofos like John Leguizamo will be like "What about us?" every time something good happens to black actors, but won't step out to acknowledge the help that black people give them. Black Panther is the kinda black representation that they whine about, but it was Coogler who reached out to a Hispanic actor to play and redefine Namor. How come they won't say anything about that?

I avoided this thread because I wanted to avoid spoilers so idk if this has already been addressed but there's been some negative and downright racist commentary towards Tenoch Huerta by lighter skinned and white Mexicans and how they feel his emphasis on darker Mexicans getting shine is trying to erase white Mexicans. It's wild to see.

I avoided this thread because I wanted to avoid spoilers so idk if this has already been addressed but there's been some negative and downright racist commentary towards Tenoch Huerta by lighter skinned and white Mexicans and how they feel his emphasis on darker Mexicans getting shine is trying to erase white Mexicans. It's wild to see.

Yeah, I seen that. White Mexicans whining about the Indigenous people trying to erase then is crazy and hilarious.

Considering Talocan have made it a point to stay undiscovered, how did Namor find out about T'Challa deciding Wakanda wouldn't be in the shadows anymore

I’m also glad they threw in that subtle line when Riri asked Shuri how she got so nice at science & she said TChalla taught her. TChalla was a genius in the comics, we didn’t see that in film. But they course corrected all that.

I appreciated that and Riri emphasizing that her father is the one who taught her. Idk where some folks is got the idea this movie was dismissing Black men. This movie was basically an open appreciation of the need for Black men and how much the loss and lack of hurts and causes grief.

I appreciated that and Riri emphasizing that her father is the one who taught her. Idk where some folks is got the idea this movie was dismissing Black men. This movie was basically an open appreciation of the need for Black men and how much the loss and lack of hurts and causes grief.
Facts…..

In addition to the fact that M’baku was the constant voice of calm and reason thru the whole movie. Also was who they turned to for refuge and protection

Black men were certainly not dismissed or ignored in this film

In addition to the fact that M’baku was the constant voice of calm and reason thru the whole movie. Also was who they turned to for refuge and protection

Black men were certainly not dismissed or ignored in this film

This movie not only showed an appreciation for the role of Black men, but basically showed a country full of Black people set off a whole war because they would not turn over or allow a young Black girl to be harmed. Shit was actually wonderful to see that play out in a movie.

Back