Welcome To aBlackWeb

Finally caught it. Dude that played Namor killed it. Hispanics, Mexicans especially, should be proud. My son has played soccer all his life so we’ve been around Mexicans a lot. I’m glad they chose an actor that looks like all of the Mexicans I know. That was super dope! I even remarked to my wife “damn, they got a real ass Mexican to play this dude.” 😂 And that was before I knew he was actually Mexican.

Of course I didn’t expect this and it probably wasn’t feasible, but I wish they had given Hispanics a full length Namor movie that could have been to them what Black Panther was to us. Then had this movie. Maybe they can double back to one later, idk.

Last edited:
I think Wakanda going to fight in the middle of the ocean really reflected Shuri’s inexperience as a leader. Also her focus on revenge against Namor the individual and not protecting her people. That’s probably why she was okay letting M’ Baku take the throne. She knew she wasn’t ready.

Last edited:
I was one of the ones that were pushing for a Killmonger return and I still think it could have worked 100%, but I’m not mad at how they handled placing Shuri in that spot.

She’s still not a franchise leading actress so any future Black Panther film will need a strong supporting cast. This one worked because of Angella Bassett, Tenoch Huerta, and Danai Gurira’s performances whereas Chadwick carried BP1 by himself.

Chadwick did not carry BP1 by himself lol
Ok, Michael B. Jordan was great as well, but he wasn’t required. Franchise would have been just fine without him and we know that because he got killed off.

With Chadwick, the supporting cast would not have had to have been the strongest part of the movie.

In this one, it was clear Letitia was not the standout. In BP1, even with MBJ and AB and Danai and Lupita and Serkis, Chadwick was the unmistakable lead.

Back